Zone1 I Sent An Email To Ray Comfort Today

The lie where not once have you established that God loves us and love and punishment can go together.

Love and punishment absolutely can go together. They must if you're raising children. To NOT punish a child is not a loving thing to do. It seems so in the moment, but in the long run you are doing a lot of damage.

Rather than punishment however, I use the term discipline. So does the Bible. To discipline is to teach; that is why Jesus had disciples. Those whom He was teaching. Here's what the Bible says about disciplining those He loves:

"Because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he chastens everyone He accepts as His son."--Hebrews 12:6

The Lord disciplines those He loves and He punishes others.

Love and punishment absolutely can go together. They must if you're raising children. To NOT punish a child is not a loving thing to do. It seems so in the moment, but in the long run you are doing a lot of damage.

Rather than punishment however, I use the term discipline. So does the Bible. To discipline is to teach; that is why Jesus had disciples. Those whom He was teaching. Here's what the Bible says about disciplining those He loves:

"Because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he chastens everyone He accepts as His son."--Hebrews 12:6

The Lord disciplines those He loves and He punishes others.

I agree with everything except the fact that there are no others except Satan. God loves everybody.

I agree with everything except the fact that there are no others except Satan. God loves everybody.

He does, in the way that He extends what is referred to as common grace. He sends good things to everyone, and extends mercy to everyone. However, the Bible is full of stories of God showing particular love to His children--those who have accepted His love. Love is not the only attribute of God--He is also just and holy, for example.

So what's your point? There were fornicators and murders in the Bible too. Does that make it right?
Some of you run around trying to love people into your cult. Some of you run around asking if we know what happens to us when we die. If one tactic doesn't work, try the other.

I want to try an experiment. I want you to go to prisons and try your way on the prisoners. Since it's so much more effective than Ray's way. Show them the love and then rent them a room in your house until they get back on their feet. Now that would be showing them love.

And since your way works so much better, you get to put it to the test. Let us know how it works out.

Some of you run around trying to love people into your cult. Some of you run around asking if we know what happens to us when we die. If one tactic doesn't work, try the other.

I want to try an experiment. I want you to go to prisons and try your way on the prisoners. Since it's so much more effective than Ray's way. Show them the love and then rent them a room in your house until they get back on their feet. Now that would be showing them love.

And since your way works so much better, you get to put it to the test. Let us know how it works out.
For what it's worth, I struggle daily to find any redeeming qualities in people like you. There are exceptions,, but Man is mostly a cancer on this planet. Every creature suffers and dies needlessly because of you.

Hi April. I have known you on other boards - I am Episcopius on some of them.

I had never heard of Ray Comfort til this thread.

It is surprising to me that he did not answer your email.

I do like David Jeremiah.

I also RILLY liked Francis Schaeffer but he went to the Lord years ago.

Too much fire and brimstone is not my cup of tea either, too much jello and pudding is not good either.

Peace.

What on earth could you possibly be talking about.

Seriously.

What.

Hi April. I have known you on other boards - I am Episcopius on some of them.

I had never heard of Ray Comfort til this thread.

It is surprising to me that he did not answer your email.

I do like David Jeremiah.

I also RILLY liked Francis Schaeffer but he went to the Lord years ago.

Too much fire and brimstone is not my cup of tea either, too much jello and pudding is not good either.

Peace.

Hi!! I remember you!! :D

it would be an understatement to say some Christians on the internet make me uncomfortable with the way they present things.

Paul wrote about some people in his time preaching Christ “out of contention”

He concluded with “I praise God that Christ is preached”

Last edited:
Preacher-man talkin on the TV
Putting down rock and roll
Asking for a donation cuz he’s worried about my soul
He said Jesus walked on the water
And I know that its true
But sometimes I think that Preacher-man;
He’d like to do a little walkin’ too

(from a Charley Daniels song)

it would be an understatement to say some Christians on the internet make me uncomfortable with the way they present things.

Paul wrote about some people in his time preaching Christ “out of contention”

He concluded with “I praise God that Christ is preached”

I was talking to my fiancée last night and the people who say God isn't the God of love don't actually know Him. I don't care what other people on here say, I know what God is truly like and I know how to talk to Him and understand Him. Just like I know how other people in my life are like. The only person who has to know and understand that is me. It doesn't matter what other people think.

A greater than Jonah is here.

I think the people of Nineveh lasted about a hundred years after Jonah and they went south again

Forum List

Back