I'm Conflicted About This

Wonder what kind of justice they want?

She is the one that made the tape and sent it off to someone. I am sorry for what happened to her, but that was a dumb thing for her to do.

Woman makes sex tape and sends it to friends who post it on line. She gets harassed,belittled, bullied and takes her life. On one hand I dont think anyone should ever be bullied. On the other I am wondering why she would be so dumb as to give someone a sex tape of herself in this day and age of the internet?

Tiziana Cantone's family calls for justice after suicide over sex tape - CNN.com
the thing you need to realize is that the journalists only ever talk about themselves, but they do it vicariously, that in this case either someone at cnn is contemplating suicide, or it's a threat against someone who is prepared to reveal a secret. either way, the story has more to do with whatever's going on behind the scenes down there at cnn, what's on their minds, what drives them to choose what stories to publish and so forth. so you don't need to be conflicted.

It should be a felony to post sexually explicit pictures or videos of another person without their written permission.

Woman makes sex tape and sends it to friends who post it on line. She gets harassed,belittled, bullied and takes her life. On one hand I dont think anyone should ever be bullied. On the other I am wondering why she would be so dumb as to give someone a sex tape of herself in this day and age of the internet?

Tiziana Cantone's family calls for justice after suicide over sex tape - CNN.com
the thing you need to realize is that the journalists only ever talk about themselves, but they do it vicariously, that in this case either someone at cnn is contemplating suicide, or it's a threat against someone who is prepared to reveal a secret. either way, the story has more to do with whatever's going on behind the scenes down there at cnn, what's on their minds, what drives them to choose what stories to publish and so forth. so you don't need to be conflicted.
Are you saying this story is not real?

Sorry to sound so insensitive, but that's on her. There comes a time when a drive to get attention attracts the wrong kind of attention, which in turn leads to this happening.

It was a dumb move on her part to give the tape away to someone else. By doing so, she put herself at risk for such backlash. But to go to the extreme of suicide, it usually takes more than just one event to go that far. I would think there was much more bothering her and this was just the final straw for her. In the family's grief, they need to place blame on someone....such a sad thing all around....imo:cry:

It was a dumb move on her part to give the tape away to someone else. By doing so, she put herself at risk for such backlash. But to go to the extreme of suicide, it usually takes more than just one event to go that far. I would think there was much more bothering her and this was just the final straw for her. In the family's grief, they need to place blame on someone....such a sad thing all around....imo:cry:
You are probably right. I had a girl attempt suicide after I broke up with her. I blamed myself for a long time but then i found out it wasnt really me. She had other issues going on that she told me about later. Her father had molested her when she was a kid and her mother had shot herself in the head in front of her.

Sorry to sound so insensitive, but that's on her. There comes a time when a drive to get attention attracts the wrong kind of attention, which in turn leads to this happening.
Thats an interesting stance. Are you saying that seeking attention should be punished negatively by society?

Thats an interesting stance. Are you saying that seeking attention should be punished negatively by society?

No. I'm saying attention shouldn't be sought after like a prize to be won. It will cause one to do almost anything to get it. When they fail, tragedies like this one happen.

Exhibitionism is a component of sexual expression in some individuals. It occurs in varying degrees, from passive to extremely aggressive. The example you've referenced was a relatively passive act of sexual expression which is not uncommon in adolescence but was exploited by an insensitive recipient of the girl's attentions.

I recently read about such an incident resulting in the suicide of a girl who sent nude photos to a boy who spread them around their school.

No. I'm saying attention shouldn't be sought after like a prize to be won. It will cause one to do almost anything to get it. When they fail, tragedies like this one happen.
But how can you tell someone that they shouldnt seek after attention? Most entertainers seek attention. Its what drives them and makes them wealthy.

Everyone craves attention, some more than others. It's normal. The difference comes with 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' attention and ways of seeking it.

Forum List

Back