I'm all for Biden's ignorant alternative energy....when all positive values of fossil fuels are duplicated by EVs...

YES YES YES~! Heat waves are historic as flooding ALL before the common usage of "climate change" (use to be "global warming" but supporters changed because they were confronted like you with history!

Heat waves have taken place since the planet first developed an atmosphere. No one has ever suggested otherwise. And I am SOOOo-o-o-o-o-o sick of hearing idiots claim that the appearance of the term "climate change" had any significance whatsoever.

Global warming has been occurring SINCE before THIS fact was discovered and will continue REGARDLESS of whatever efforts to
alternate this simple fact.

Anthropogenic global warming began with the Industrial Revolution. That global temperatures rose and fell for other reasons prior to that is simply irrelevant. This is precisely the same argument as Mamooth's sardonic but educational claim that because forest fires took place before humans arose, humans cannot cause forest fires.

FACT: If the Sun shines longer each day that would keep the earth warmer for the next day ... Would you agree?

Good lord, have we gotten out of the 4th grade yet? I have a terrible wake-up call for you. The sun shines continuously on the planet.

Or let's keep it simpler... Say you have a light bulb shining on a surface for 2 hours Day 1, 3 hours Day 2, etc. each day gets longer.

Okay, I think I've got the picture

Now from this link (which you never supply!!!) Science | AAAS

I supply links more often than not.
Science | AAAS
Overall, Earth's spin has slowed by about 6 hours in the past 2740 years, the team reports today in the Proceedings of the Royal Society A. That sounds like a lot, but it works out to the duration of a 24-hour day being lengthened by about 1.78 milliseconds over the course of a century.
Hmmm.. so earth rotation slows down means Sun shining more on earth keeping earth warmer!

I think what you've just managed to tell us that you're not capable of operating a calculator or doing basic math. 360 minutes divided by 274 centuries is 1.314 minutes/century or 0.7884 seconds/year. I have no idea where you got the value you did. But let's look at that century value. 1.314 minutes is roughly 0.09% of a 24 hour day. So, by this change, solar warming has increased by 0.09% over 2,740 years. Let's have a look at the latest global temperature reconstruction:

1660322300642.png

I'm not interested in the magnitude of these values, just the trend. Note that from about 5,000 years ago till the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, global temperatures were falling. Then, they began to rise at a precipitous and wholly unprecedented rate. Please explain how a very slow and very steady and wholly inadequate warming from the slowing rotation of the Earth would or could produce this temperature trend. Hint: it cannot.

Last edited:
Heat waves have taken place since the planet first developed an atmosphere. No one has ever suggested otherwise. And I am SOOOo-o-o-o-o-o sick of hearing idiots claim that the appearance of the term "climate change" had any significance whatsoever.
Is your mind made up based mostly on your religious superstitious beliefs?

I don't doubt that is very convincing.

Crick said: Heat waves have taken place since the planet first developed an atmosphere. No one has ever suggested otherwise. And I am SOOOo-o-o-o-o-o sick of hearing idiots claim that the appearance of the term "climate change" had any significance whatsoever.

Is your mind made up based mostly on your religious superstitious beliefs?

I don't doubt that is very convincing.
I have been an atheist for the last 55 years. That eliminates both religion and superstition from consideration. I actually don't see anything in my statement that suggest religious or superstitious beliefs. My personal beliefs on this issue are those of mainstream science. Would you care to explain why you think otherwise?

Last edited:
Crick said: Heat waves have taken place since the planet first developed an atmosphere. No one has ever suggested otherwise. And I am SOOOo-o-o-o-o-o sick of hearing idiots claim that the appearance of the term "climate change" had any significance whatsoever.

I have been an atheist for the last 55 years. That eliminates both religion and superstition from consideration. I actually don't see anything in my statement that suggest religious or superstitious beliefs. Would you care to explain?
There is NO reason for any explanation. Personal subjective opinion JUST as your comments...no substantiation is evidently needed to call you a religious deep believer. Plus just one more point... as an atheist what will you do after death IF there is something? I mean I use to be like you believed there was nothing until I read a 14th mathematician who postulated that we have two choices.
1) To believe there is something after life and there is nothing... so what would we have lost as WE ARE NOTHING at that point...no memories, nothing Zero!
OR
2) If we believe i.e. atheists like you there is nothing BUT you are wrong? Frankly I like the 14th century mathematician position... believe there is something and live life as if there is and if you are wrong, no loss as you won't know!

Prove it! Who in the hell are you that WE should take your subjective, personalized observation is without any proof! Prove it!

That change is in the mean global temperature that has been calculated for each year since 1880. The history of average global temperature is based on data gathered around the world at weather stations, on ships and by satellites.

These records clearly show that the first decade of the 21st century was the warmest since the 1880s, and the first decade that the earth's average annual temperature rose above 14.5 °C (58 °F).

Temperature Change Since 1880​

Despite the overall increase, global temperatures have not climbed steadily during the decades. The average global annual temperature hovered around 13.7 °C (56.7 °F) from the 1880s through the 1910s.

During the 1920s to 1940s, temperatures climbed about 0.1 °C (0.18 °F) each decade. Mean global temperatures then stabilized at roughly 14.0°C (57.2 °F) until the 1980s.
The world has mainly grown hotter since 1980, at a rate of nearly 0.2 °C (0.36 °F) per decade. The annual global temperature from 2000 to 2009 was 0.61 °C (1.1 °F) higher than the average temperature for 1951 to 1980. If the current rate of increase continues, the world will warm by 2 °C (3.6 °F) in the next century.

Now up until

The Problem With Using Old Weather Reports to Track Climate Change​

It’s not just the temperature that’s different. The tools used to measure it are different, too.
Temperature data from hundreds of years ago is no easier to process if it’s been obtained at sea. In 2004, for example, a team of researchers analyzing data from 18th- and 19th-century ships’ logs had to correct for the fact that in those days, sea-surface temperatures were measured with a thermometer in a bucket of seawater. Today, water temperatures are measured by intake pipes where seawater is taken aboard a ship, a practice that’s been in place since the 1940s. (A 2008 study showed that this switch in methodology exaggerated the global temperature dip seen in the 1950s.)
And then there are the thermometers themselves. Thermometer enclosures, which shield the temperature sensor from direct sunlight and other sources of radiation, can be wooden or plastic; the variation in materials can, in turn, introduce discrepancies in the results (which some stations in the U.S. discovered firsthand in the 1980s when they switched from traditional enclosures to electronic screens). The instruments are also sensitive to their surroundings: If you measure the temperature on a sunny day versus a cloudy day, direct sunlight on the thermometer will record a higher temperature, even if the two days are equally warm.

NOW were you aware that 12.5% of the Earth's land mass was NOT included in these temperature averages?
View attachment 681288
The Ten Hottest Years on Record

There is NO reason for any explanation. Personal subjective opinion JUST as your comments...no substantiation is evidently needed to call you a religious deep believer. Plus just one more point... as an atheist what will you do after death IF there is something? I mean I use to be like you believed there was nothing until I read a 14th mathematician who postulated that we have two choices.
1) To believe there is something after life and there is nothing... so what would we have lost as WE ARE NOTHING at that point...no memories, nothing Zero!
OR
2) If we believe i.e. atheists like you there is nothing BUT you are wrong? Frankly I like the 14th century mathematician position... believe there is something and live life as if there is and if you are wrong, no loss as you won't know!

Obviously there is reason to ask for an explanation. And it would be Donald H's call whether or not to provide it; not yours.

What I stated is not a personal, subjective opinion but the observations and understanding of BASIC science. The 14th C mathematician you're referring to is Blaise Pascal and the contention is known as Pascal's wager. It fails for a number of reasons not the least of which is that Pascal seemed to believe his god could be fooled.

Since you choose to try to involve yourself in Donald H's conversation, perhaps you could explain how the occurrence of heat waves in past years refutes AGW.

Yo! Shit-for-brains! You're looking for average global temperatures, not the temperature of your grandmother's wood stove. And the substantiation would be in the link he provided. Asshole.
HE provided NO LINK! Here is exactly what he put up!
ZERO link. Where is the proof? Ten Hottest years on Record WHERE? For the Earth? WHERE?
Now here are documented hottest places! Documented! on EARTH! Geez you don't even have SHIT for brains!
Why are you so dumb to quote something as having a link when there WAS NONE??

Denier dude, weather is in your backyard.

Climate ain't that.
Well tell that to these newscasters!!

National TV networks mention climate change in 32% of segments on global extreme heat​

News shows on ABC, CBS, and NBC ran a combined 27 global heat segments – 37% of them mentioned climate change​

From July 16-18, corporate broadcast networks ABC, CBS, and NBC aired 10 mentions of climate change related to extreme heat, and 7 of those mentions were in the context of reporting on the European heat wave.

These same dumb ass news anchors blaming it on Climate change then one of them I heard said..."this has been the hottest day since 1947..."! So did the news people blame climate change in the 1940s?

Well tell that to these newscasters!!

National TV networks mention climate change in 32% of segments on global extreme heat​

News shows on ABC, CBS, and NBC ran a combined 27 global heat segments – 37% of them mentioned climate change​

From July 16-18, corporate broadcast networks ABC, CBS, and NBC aired 10 mentions of climate change related to extreme heat, and 7 of those mentions were in the context of reporting on the European heat wave.

These same dumb ass news anchors blaming it on Climate change then one of them I heard said..."this has been the hottest day since 1947..."! So did the news people blame climate change in the 1940s?
Sure, alls good.

1) How’s the Rhine River?
2) The Great Salt Lake?
3) The Colorado River?
4) The South Platte River?
5) Extended dought in SW America and in Europe Spain and France.

Two 1000 year floods in St Louis and Kentucky in days?

Your stupidity is noted.

HE provided NO LINK! Here is exactly what he put up!
ZERO link. Where is the proof? Ten Hottest years on Record WHERE? For the Earth? WHERE?
Now here are documented hottest places! Documented! on EARTH! Geez you don't even have SHIT for brains!
Why are you so dumb to quote something as having a link when there WAS NONE??

He provided THIS link. I saw it when the post first appeared, it's still there and I just used it.

And you seem to be glossing over that he's talking average global temperatures (as he should) and you came back with instantaneous temperatures at discrete locations. Try admitting it when you make a mistake. It'll make you feel better. It does me.

Sure, alls good.

1) How’s the Rhine River?
2) The Great Salt Lake?
3) The Colorado River?
4) The South Platte River?
5) Extended dought in SW America and in Europe Spain and France.

Two 1000 year floods in St Louis and Kentucky in days?

Your stupidity is noted.
I know a lot about The Colorado River especially these facts!!!
Another proof of BIASED MSM selling negative news that doesn't tell the WHOLE story.
Headline from this source:The Southwest is bone dry. Now, a key water source is at risk. "Climate change and worsening drought have driven water stores to dangerous lows."
OK let's do a little calculations.
How many people in California today: 2022 over 39,350,000.
How many people in CA when Colorado river water first used in 1910: 2,377,549
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_California_(1900–present)
How many residential swimming pools in CA in 1910 -ZERO
How many pools today: 1,180,000 swimming pools in 2022 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_California_(1900–present)
How many gallons of water in average residential pool: 15,360 gallons.
Hmmm... so when the Colorado river was supplying all and MORE of CA water needs population was 2,377,549
and no swimming pools.
BUT today due to "CLIMATE CHANGE"... water stores at dangerous lows!!!! OH my goodness! "The sky is falling...because of climate change"!!
WAIT... 1,180,000 pools holding 15,360 gallons each or: 18,124,800,000 gallons of water today in swimming pools.
OK so how many acre-feet of water does CA get from Colorado River?
Well the Colorado river has 16,500,000 acre-feet of water and CA uses 27% or 4,455,000 acre-feet.
How many gallons in 1 acre-foot of water? 325,851 gallons or CA uses 1,451,666,205,000 gallons per year.
CA swimming pools use 1.25%
Oh by the way the average amount used per person in CA today is 36,891 gallons/year/person.
So the real question should be: If there are today 16 TIMES as many people maybe it's not "Climate CHANGE"
but population change???
So why doesn't the MSM do what I did... just a little research before lazily copying "Climate Change" mantra?
Better yet people are moving from CA... for the first time in decades so maybe that will help the river!
California lost 117,552 residents last year, driven largely by the Covid death toll and a sharp drop in foreign immigration. This followed a slightly bigger decline in 2020, when the state lost 182,083 residents — the first time in more than a century that California got smaller.May 4, 2022

Now for one other of your points..."Extended dought in SW America and in Europe Spain and France."
By the way what is a "dought" and it has a dotted line... if you can't pay attention to little details how do you possible handle larger issues? But that's a characteristic of people like you... don't do any research, just spout off with NO
substantiation!

"Between 1950 and 2014 droughts affected 2.2 billion people globally (10). For Europe, the damage caused by droughts between 1950 and 2014 has been estimated to be EUR 621 Mio on average per event (10). To date, 11% of the European population and 17% of the area of the EU have been affected by water scarcity (11)."

Another proof of BIASED MSM selling negative news that doesn't tell the WHOLE story.
Headline from this source:The Southwest is bone dry. Now, a key water source is at risk. "Climate change and worsening drought have driven water stores to dangerous lows."
How many pools today: 1,180,000 swimming pools in 2022 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_California_(1900–present)
Hmmm... so when the Colorado river was supplying all and MORE of CA water needs population was 2,377,549
and no swimming pools.
BUT today due to "CLIMATE CHANGE"... water stores at dangerous lows!!!! OH my goodness! "The sky is falling...because of climate change"!!
WAIT... 1,180,000 pools holding 15,360 gallons each or: 18,124,800,000 gallons of water today in swimming pools.
Well the Colorado river has 16,500,000 acre-feet of water and CA uses 27% or 4,455,000 acre-feet.
How many gallons in 1 acre-foot of water? 325,851 gallons or CA uses 1,451,666,205,000 gallons per year.
Oh by the way the average amount used per person in CA today is 36,891 gallons/year/person.
So the real question should be: If there are today 16 TIMES as many people maybe it's not "Climate CHANGE"
but population change???
So why doesn't the MSM do what I did... just a little research before lazily copying "Climate Change" mantra?
Better yet people are moving from CA... for the first time in decades so maybe that will help the river!
California lost 117,552 residents last year, driven largely by the Covid death toll and a sharp drop in foreign immigration. This followed a slightly bigger decline in 2020, when the state lost 182,083 residents — the first time in more than a century that California got smaller.May 4, 2022

Now for one other of your points..."Extended dought in SW America and in Europe Spain and France."
By the way what is a "dought" and it has a dotted line... if you can't pay attention to little details how do you possible handle larger issues? But that's a characteristic of people like you... don't do any research, just spout off with NO
substantiation!

"Between 1950 and 2014 droughts affected 2.2 billion people globally (10). For Europe, the damage caused by droughts between 1950 and 2014 has been estimated to be EUR 621 Mio on average per event (10). To date, 11% of the European population and 17% of the area of the EU have been affected by water scarcity (11)."
Just out of curiosity, how often to do you think those folks are draining and refilling their pools?

and no swimming pools.
but population change???

substantiation!

Boi, didn’t need the propaganda of the cut and paste bullshit.

Today is our future answer that.

Boi, didn’t need the propaganda of the cut and paste bullshit.

Today is our future answer that.
Wow... further proof that people like you don't have any smarts! Exactly what did you mean when you half-assed
wrote: "Today is our future answer that."

He provided THIS link. I saw it when the post first appeared, it's still there and I just used it.

And you seem to be glossing over that he's talking average global temperatures (as he should) and you came back with instantaneous temperatures at discrete locations. Try admitting it when you make a mistake. It'll make you feel better. It does me.
This is the ONLY table at the link provided and which I re-visited and screen shot this table!

top10hottest.png

I’ll say it here, if we’re doomed unless we go green, then all of the green replacements should be free and installed for free

Forum List

Back