Illegal immigration separates families.

The only logical solution is to End Birthright Citizenship or sterilize the illegal alien mother and her infant at birth like they did to the Northwest American Indians right up until 1964 what’s the difference?

Sounds like something from Hitler's brown shirt guides...sorry but that is awful.

This subject has beat up over and over. Most of the people who oppose this offer ways for those who have been here for their entire lives to become citizens. thus not disrupting the only life they know. Anchor babies mostly refers to the families who come over here for the sole purpose of having their baby so they are a citizen and the whole family sucks on the government teat. That is the only reason they swim the river to come here. Amending the constitution to read one parent has to be a us citizen for the baby to have citizenship is not inhumane. It would insure that their primary goal isn't to come live off the government. If a baby is born here from illegal immigrant parents, immigration officials should be notified and once baby and mother are well enough to travel, they should all be sent home. Thus insuring that both receive the best medical treatment available, but then are sent back to where they belong.

This subject has beat up over and over. Most of the people who oppose this offer ways for those who have been here for their entire lives to become citizens. thus not disrupting the only life they know. Anchor babies mostly refers to the families who come over here for the sole purpose of having their baby so they are a citizen and the whole family sucks on the government teat. That is the only reason they swim the river to come here. Amending the constitution to read one parent has to be a us citizen for the baby to have citizenship is not inhumane. It would insure that their primary goal isn't to come live off the government. If a baby is born here from illegal immigrant parents, immigration officials should be notified and once baby and mother are well enough to travel, they should all be sent home. Thus insuring that both receive the best medical treatment available, but then are sent back to where they belong.

the way to ensure no one comes to live off the government is to eliminate welfare period or to make welfare eligibility based on the parent's status not to amend the constitution and eliminate the 14th amendment.

I think we would have better luck amending the 14th amendment, and would be a better approach.

there is no welfare as you see it is only allowed for 2 to 4 years total in a life time depending on the state you are in..and the parents have to legally qualify so as you see legal status has nothing to do with it. If it is all about welfare why do they have a higher birth rate in their countries?

Not accurate. They don't cut off medicaid due to time limits. They also do not cut off food stamps. They cut off cash assistance, the least of our worries.

there is no welfare as you see it is only allowed for 2 to 4 years total in a life time depending on the state you are in..and the parents have to legally qualify so as you see legal status has nothing to do with it. If it is all about welfare why do they have a higher birth rate in their countries?

Not accurate. They don't cut off medicaid due to time limits. They also do not cut off food stamps. They cut off cash assistance, the least of our worries.
They do cut off food stamps after 48 months in most states./

When you break the law you must suffer the consequences. I am sorry about the families but I am also sorry for mine, we are working and paying our bills and those of illegals every day. No other country in the world puts up with this kind of krap. We need ID's for everyone but the libs don't like that because they will lose the illegal vote.

Their parents are their connection.
How may parents are fight our war?
Many illegal aliens bring children here also who do not know the language or culture and they have not really adjusted because their parent have not learned english or assimilated. Remember these children are also Mexican citizens according to Mexico's constitituion. They have a better chance of assimilating in Mexico because they are Mexicans as their parents and they most all have relatives in Mexico. Grandparent they may have never met.
These anchor babies are already being punished by the 14th amendment that separate them from their parents.
Being deported back to Mexico is not a punishment. Mexico is not a third world country where people are starving. If you have watched Border War you will see fat Mexican in designer clothing and shoes running from agents. Just last week I saw a man with Filas on.
Mexico needs it's young to survive and contribute to the economy and military.

I pointed out to you the first soldier to die in Iraq was an illegal immigrant. You seem to forget not all illegal immigrants are Mexican so it doesn't matter what the Mexican constitution said for somenoe that is say from Costa Rica.

Illegal aliens should not be allowed to serve in U.S. military. And just because ONE died do not entitle all 20 million to amnesty?

I thought a foreigner had to at least have a Green Card to serve in the Military, in fact I am pretty sure of it because if illegals were allowed to serve out Military would be flooded with them so they could stay.

The anchor baby solution is simple. Since few politicians are willing to enforce the immigration laws, it is time to amend the Constitution. "Children born of illegal immigrants/aliens shall not have automatic citizenship in the United States but will have the citizenship of their parents." Or something similar to that affect.

Thomas Jefferson would certainly approve. In his letter to James Madison, dated September 6, 1789, he wrote "...no society can make a perpetual constitution or even a perpetual law. The earth belongs always to the living generation."

Simply put, in the 18th and 19th centuries, this country needed people. Today, we have too many. Its time to close our borders. Times and circumstances change and we must change/adapt or become extinct.

Nobody has the guts. If they ever do, they should NOT make it retroactive. It should start the minute the bill is passed.

and that would leave many children stateless so how is that humane?

LilOLady, many kids have grown up in the US with thier parents and have no connection to their parent's country..in fact, the first soldier to die in Iraq was born in Guatemala and came to the US as an illegal immigrant...many other soldiers who are US citizens with parents who are not legal are fighting our war for us...why should we send them home and just say oh well we don't care you were born here and were willing to sacrifice for our country that is of no consequence to us. My oldest child would be one of those..why? his father who is deceased was not legal.

U.S. Army Private Armando Soriano was born in Houston, Texas, USA. He was not the 'first' soldier to die in Iraq.

First, last, tenth - what does it matter. But the law is still the law. We have a voluntary military. If illegals join and get away with serving even though it's not legal to do so, they take the risk. If we are going to be a country of laws, then BE a country of laws!!! Otherwise just be like any other third world nation. Problem solved.

I am not speaking about Soriano...I am speaking about Lance Cpl Jose Guttierrez of Guatemala.

He was an orphan that grew up in the streets of Guatemala City and walked to the US..to later become a Marine.

I am not speaking about Soriano...I am speaking about Lance Cpl Jose Guttierrez of Guatemala.

He was an orphan that grew up in the streets of Guatemala City and walked to the US..to later become a Marine.

So because of Jose we legalize ALL Guatemalians that are here illegally.

But here’s a controversial wrinkle to weigh: Should the U.S. allow illegal immigrants to serve in the military? Only citizens and legal permanent residents can enlist now.
This debate simmered in 2003 when we learned that one of the first U.S. soldiers killed in combat in Iraq had been an illegal immigrant. Marine Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez died in a firefight March 21, 2003. The Guatemalan was 14 when he left behind his dead parents and trekked 2,000 miles to cross into the U.S. illegally. At the time, the U.S. didn’t deport Guatemalan children who arrived without family. He was allowed to stay and became a legal resident at age 18.

http://blog.chron.com/immigration/2008/03/should-illegal-immigrants-serve-in-u-s-military/

Last edited:

So because of Jose we legalize ALL Guatemalians that are here illegally.

But here’s a controversial wrinkle to weigh: Should the U.S. allow illegal immigrants to serve in the military? Only citizens and legal permanent residents can enlist now.
This debate simmered in 2003 when we learned that one of the first U.S. soldiers killed in combat in Iraq had been an illegal immigrant. Marine Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez died in a firefight March 21, 2003. The Guatemalan was 14 when he left behind his dead parents and trekked 2,000 miles to cross into the U.S. illegally. At the time, the U.S. didn’t deport Guatemalan children who arrived without family. He was allowed to stay and became a legal resident at age 18.

Should illegal immigrants serve in U.S. military? | Immigration Chronicles | a Chron.com blog

my reference to him was on the comments that people who are either immigrants or illegal immigrants do not love the US and only come for one purpose to burden society...that in and of itself shows that to be untrue..how is a man dying in Iraq a burden on our society or make him a dead beat that does not love the US..things I have heard quite often from your side..blanket statements never fit...it is sort of like saying all West Virginians are dead beats that want to live off welfare or backwood hicks that have no education are what people from Tennessee are....

The only logical solution is to End Birthright Citizenship or sterilize the illegal alien mother and her infant at birth like they did to the Northwest American Indians right up until 1964 what’s the difference?

Sounds like something from Hitler's brown shirt guides...sorry but that is awful.

I guess the only humane thing would be to End Birthright Citizenship and deport ALL the illegal aliens!

In the US, there are 87.3 persons per square mile...the world average is 107 people per square mile.
Population densities in 2020. (Bureau of Census report on developing countries) - The Futurist | HighBeam Research

we have miles and miles of open space and are not running out of room..

You didn't mention the world average, you said we have "more empty space per square mile than any other country in the world." If you cannot support that statement (or have already found out you are wrong) retract it.

Xchel, it seems that from reading your posts that since we have so much space, we need to let anyone and everyone just come on down. And from our conversations of the past, you were complaining about the time it takes to get visa's for relatives to be allowed in, and that you were born in Houston, Tx. But I don't recall a reply to my question as to whether or not your parents were legal at the time. As much as you are promoting anchor babies, seems you might be one yourself. And as far as those immigrants coming in illegally from Honduras and Guatemala and the other places you mentioned. The largest gang in the USA right now is MS 13, who come from Honduras. They smuggle guns, money, and drugs for the Cartels in exchange for their help getting more of them into the USA. Seems if we eliminated illegal immigration and enforced it, that would eliminate a lot more things than most of you here are aware of.

In the US, there are 87.3 persons per square mile...the world average is 107 people per square mile.
Population densities in 2020. (Bureau of Census report on developing countries) - The Futurist | HighBeam Research

we have miles and miles of open space and are not running out of room..

You didn't mention the world average, you said we have "more empty space per square mile than any other country in the world." If you cannot support that statement (or have already found out you are wrong) retract it.

the point is we are not overpopulated we are number 179 on a list of 241 countries yet we are the third largest population in the world..so it is pretty much backed up with that..there are less densely populated countries..with more open space...the example being Canada, but we are underpopulated not overpopulated..that is why in Europe trains work for transportation and they do not work in the US..because of space...we have the third largest population in the world yet we only have 87 people per square mile...that is really very few people when you compare it to China. China has 1655 people per square mile.

Forum List

Back