If you're good, should denounce God and the Bible

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
More I read sites like evilbible.com which has chapter and verse for all the decidely evil things in the Bible, the more I'm realizing God is not good nor a suitable role model for anyone but dictators and the insane. Deut 13:13-15 says if just 1 person is found to not be worshipping God in a city, the entire city, every human and animal in it should be killed. How is that in ANY way 'good?' Evil as Hitler was, he didn't carpet bomb his own cities to get the handfull of Jews in them.

So, thinking of myself as a good and moral person I can no longer uphold a text which says to slaughter children and animals and descendents of those who sinned though they themselves are guiltless. That's not 'good' that's evil, twisted, perverted, and unjust.

More I read sites like evilbible.com which has chapter and verse for all the decidely evil things in the Bible, the more I'm realizing God is not good nor a suitable role model for anyone but dictators and the insane. Deut 13:13-15 says if just 1 person is found to not be worshipping God in a city, the entire city, every human and animal in it should be killed. How is that in ANY way 'good?' Evil as Hitler was, he didn't carpet bomb his own cities to get the handfull of Jews in them.

So, thinking of myself as a good and moral person I can no longer uphold a text which says to slaughter children and animals and descendents of those who sinned though they themselves are guiltless. That's not 'good' that's evil, twisted, perverted, and unjust.

And yet the followers of that book are responsible for enormous acts of charity, created the very concept of a hospital, developed architecture and art. Oh the list goes on and on. Ultimately, you can't point to a book as the source of good or evil. It is all us and only us.

Wow, you didn't even take 10 seconds to look up the verse to see how wrong you are.
Now ACTUALLY look it up.

I like things short, sweet, and simple.

So I'll pass along what I've always told my children since they were very young...

"Provide for yourself and your family, stay out of trouble, and don't fuck with anybody".

Now, isn't that the Bible condensed?

Isn't that Religion condensed?

I still like the Catholic religion and its Church for a few various reasons, but I am so thankful that I wrested myself from its clutches.

I am amazed by the shear simplicity of the animate and inanimate, yet confounded by how humanity has contorted both.

You mean like Waco, where we burned innocent men, women, and children alive?
How many native Americans are there where you live? And just to let a few white men in..........
You seem selective in your condemnation.

Um no. Just no. Firstly the government didn't just wantonly massacre the people at Wako they tried for days to negotiate and get as many people out as possible. It was David Karesh's religious insanity that lead to those people's deaths. And secondly. Manifest destiny. The belief that the United States had the God given right to expand to the pacific ocean and fuck anybody that got in the way. So yeah. I believe the work I'm looking for is BOOYAH

So I'll pass along what I've always told my children since they were very young...

"Provide for yourself and your family, stay out of trouble, and don't fuck with anybody".

Um. No. It isn't. It's not even close to a good representation of religion. Boiled down or not. That's a flowery veil that Christian's use nowadays to cover up all the shitty aspects of their belief structure and the organizations it gave birth to.

Um. No. It isn't. It's not even close to a good representation of religion. Boiled down or not. That's a flowery veil that Christian's use nowadays to cover up all the shitty aspects of their belief structure and the organizations it gave birth to.

Unclear on concept... next.

You're the second person to cop out like that. If you guys are gonna give up I have a white flag you can borrow :)

You're the second person to cop out like that. If you guys are gonna give up I have a white flag you can borrow :)

Avert. To your heat's content.

Lie down and die down. Deluded and sad you.

This is because God/ YHWH/ Elohim/ Allah/ Adonai is a morally balanced God, a master of Creation and Destruction, who can be very loving, or extremely brutal depending on the circumstances.

Most Mundane humans want to falsely believe that God is a "God of love", throwing God into the same category as Aphrodite or Cupid.

No.

God is extremely destructive, and its fucking BADASS. You don't know the power of God's Dark Side

Clearly Yahweh/Allah of the Bible is not master of anything since he could not even get the authors and editors to come up with any narrative that is consistent with reality.

Forum List

Back