If your turkey is in the freezer...Leave it there (OOPS)

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
EDIT - OOPS...I'm a week too early...my apologies!

It takes 3 days to thaw a frozen turkey in the fridge...I would give it 5 days to be safe!

Last edited:
Because of COVID, the number of 20 lb turkeys sold is expected to decline dramatically.

But the number of 10 lb turkeys sold is expected to rise dramatically!

However, I read that 10 lb turkeys aren't "turkeys."

I don't know why.

Or..or..you can do what I saw someone do once and that's drop a frozen turkey into a giant vat of boiling oil. That will take care of it in short order.

Caveat...your fryer will explode, your house, some of your belongings, your car may catch on fire depending on where you place the fryer.
But you'll cook it. Deep fried turkey legs. :)

We dont need a huge turkey and really want a 12 pounder if it's available.
And we prefer never frozen turkeys which makes it even harder to find.
We usually pay in advance to hold a fresh bird three or four days before Turkey day.

We usually pay in advance to hold a fresh bird three or four days before Turkey day.
Turkeys are bred and marketed in three sizes. Small, average, and broad-breasted. A twelve-pounder is a small. An average or a broad-breasted bird loses quality at that weight.

Last edited:
I do breasts.
Im smoking a breast and making a cranberry bbq sauce. Taking it to moms house.

Turkeys are bred and marketed in three sizes. Small, average, and broad-breasted. A twelve-pounder is a small. An average or a broad-breasted bird loses quality at that weight.

So whats your point?
Young birds are better than old birds.

Forum List

Back