Trump's attacks on early voting muddle Republican election plans

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Could this issue be Trump shooting himself in the foot? I know that the Right hates early voting like the plague--reasoning that anything that increases the total number of votes cast favors the party of the majority, the Democrats, over the party of the minority--the Republicans.
However, the thought of banking Republican votes..before something terminal happens to Trump--like a conviction or a statement that angers even more "RINO's"--seems to appeal to strategists.
But the base cheers loudly when Trump says, "voting should only be on voting day"....and we all know how Trump loves a rousing cheer~

Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin was traveling to a campaign rally aboard Donald Trump's private jet in early April when he decided to broach the delicate issue of early voting.
As the Boeing 757 flew from Florida to Green Bay, Wisconsin, Johnson pressed the Republican candidate to use his speech to urge his supporters to cast their votes ahead of Election Day.
Early voting often draws a torrent of vitriol from Trump, who falsely claims it is vulnerable to fraud and cost him the 2020 election.

But Johnson is one of a number of senior Republicans – many of them in key swing states, like Wisconsin – who are worried that Trump's demonizing of early voting could torpedo his hopes of winning back the White House on Nov. 5.
"I encouraged the president to encourage Wisconsin Republicans to bank their votes," said Johnson, adding he didn't encounter any resistance from Trump. "I would recommend he get on board."
"We have to do everything we can to fully utilize the rules as they are written. Democrats certainly have," said the 69-year-old senator, himself a recent convert to early voting.

But not only did Trump fail to extol the importance of early voting at the April 2 rally, he told the crowd of more than 3,000 supporters that his goal was ultimately to limit voting to Election Day only, a message greeted with huge cheers.

And when Johnson – in his third Senate term - took to the convention center's stage to urge Republicans to vote early, he was met with tepid applause from a just few people.

I'm pretty sure Republicans' election plan is to lose the House. That way they don't have to deliver on the election promises that they made but didn't want to implement, but can blame Democrats.

The American people should not vote until they have all the facts on which to base their decision. That's why there's an election DAY and candidates are campaigning up to that day, informing voters. Asshole Democrats always looking for some scheme to cheat try to get people to cast their vote BEFORE the facts come out about their shit candidates.

President Trump's own words...

Screenshot_20240525-002240-378.png

Could this issue be Trump shooting himself in the foot? I know that the Right hates early voting like the plague--reasoning that anything that increases the total number of votes cast favors the party of the majority, the Democrats, over the party of the minority--the Republicans.
However, the thought of banking Republican votes..before something terminal happens to Trump--like a conviction or a statement that angers even more "RINO's"--seems to appeal to strategists.
But the base cheers loudly when Trump says, "voting should only be on voting day"....and we all know how Trump loves a rousing cheer~

Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin was traveling to a campaign rally aboard Donald Trump's private jet in early April when he decided to broach the delicate issue of early voting.
As the Boeing 757 flew from Florida to Green Bay, Wisconsin, Johnson pressed the Republican candidate to use his speech to urge his supporters to cast their votes ahead of Election Day.
Early voting often draws a torrent of vitriol from Trump, who falsely claims it is vulnerable to fraud and cost him the 2020 election.

But Johnson is one of a number of senior Republicans – many of them in key swing states, like Wisconsin – who are worried that Trump's demonizing of early voting could torpedo his hopes of winning back the White House on Nov. 5.
"I encouraged the president to encourage Wisconsin Republicans to bank their votes," said Johnson, adding he didn't encounter any resistance from Trump. "I would recommend he get on board."
"We have to do everything we can to fully utilize the rules as they are written. Democrats certainly have," said the 69-year-old senator, himself a recent convert to early voting.

But not only did Trump fail to extol the importance of early voting at the April 2 rally, he told the crowd of more than 3,000 supporters that his goal was ultimately to limit voting to Election Day only, a message greeted with huge cheers.

And when Johnson – in his third Senate term - took to the convention center's stage to urge Republicans to vote early, he was met with tepid applause from a just few people.
Wtf not. Trump literally is responsible for more deaths of potential Republican voters during covid. Really, just constantly reminding the minions the election is rigged in favor of democrats tells them they have no chance to win. Why the Fk vote at all ? Keep it up Donald dufus.

Forum List

Back