If you want to improve education fire the under performing teachers

How do you determine the underperforming teachers?
Can their students read, write, and do numbers? Do they understand the most basic precepts of traditional science, history, and social precepts?
So...if you can't count it, it doesn't count? What about the teachers who get classes of students already several grade levels behind? What about students whose parents are illiterate and can't help at home?
That's what happens when the elementary and middle schools pass the students on for "social reasons." That is a great injustice.
Ok...so have 15 year old 6th graders?
No. Competent 6th graders.
So...what do you do with the 15 year olds who keep failing the 6th grade for 4 years?

it's all relative. If the teacher is no good at teaching gender studies should they be fired? If they get found out to be a closet trump supporter do they get fired?
Gender studies???? What is that doing in a real curriculum? Wasting time on Social engineering is why we are failing the students. They can learn about screwing a goat in life, not school.
Actually the true problem is that the gender studies teachers are all teaching everything else now. If they stuck to what they knew it wouldn't be so bad.
How many hours of math and reading are sacrificed for sex lessons?
Fucking hilarious.
First you say you never mentioned magical creation and then you say:

How many hours of math and reading are sacrificed for sex lessons?

Sex lessons?

You proved my point.

In the corporate world, we never fired a person right off, for not accomplishing their job...

turn over of employees is costly...

and we didn't want what we had to contribute to the gov'ts unemployment fund to go up with too many firings,

plus we felt we hired the person because we felt they would be assets to the company, so we always spent some time with them, training or re-training in the areas where they were weak...

we gave 3 chances, spent time showing them how to do it right...

then after 3 strikes, they were OUT.

Same should be done with teachers...and maybe it's admin/principles that sit on their tushes instead of overseeing and training, where it is needed/lacking, that is the problem?

Personally, I think most all teachers are good teachers, it's the children and parents of these children, that make jobs much harder for teachers in our day...
I agree with your entire post except the last statement. Usually when one says "all" or "none" it is a non sequitur .

In the corporate world, we never fired a person right off, for not accomplishing their job...

turn over of employees is costly...

and we didn't want what we had to contribute to the gov'ts unemployment fund to go up with too many firings,

plus we felt we hired the person because we felt they would be assets to the company, so we always spent some time with them, training or re-training in the areas where they were weak...

we gave 3 chances, spent time showing them how to do it right...

then after 3 strikes, they were OUT.

Same should be done with teachers...and maybe it's admin/principles that sit on their tushes instead of overseeing and training, where it is needed/lacking, that is the problem?

Personally, I think most all teachers are good teachers, it's the children and parents of these children, that make jobs much harder for teachers in our day...
I agree with your entire post except the last statement. Usually when one says "all" or "none" it is a non sequitur .
Ahhh, but I agree with you!

I did not say simply ''all", I said MOST ALL, so there was still an opening for the cruddy teachers!!! :D

What is a good teacher?
What ever it is, school districts like to keep the best and in order to so, the better teachers may get the best schools.

New Topics

Forum List

Back