If You Like Your School Lunch, You Can Keep It

I enjoy the fact that you can get salads at schools now...

We could get them all throughout my schooling years. We could substitute our fruit or dessert for salad. Not a lot of people did it though. I would whenever we had pear halves for fruit or cherry cobbler for dessert. A lot of this "Oh Michelle Obama is a dictator" stuff really is nonsense. It has more to do with your local school system's budget/policies than what Michelle has dictated to schools.

Wrong, dummy....Michelle is but ONE of the dictators.

Stay tuned....get the education that you've missed.

Well I did learn what dictator means, and I got my salad, so I would say I am not the one who missed something.

Wouldn't the founders have been against school lunches?

Thomas Jefferson wanted at least one public school in every square mile of the nation, so I assume he would be fine with people bringing their own or buying a steak'em sameech from the cafeteria :)

Liberal fascism is alive and well, and seemingly everywhere one looks these days. Not since the dark days of Stalin’s purges have so many so-called progressives exercised so much violent aggression against their enemies. It is indeed a dark time to be considered an enemy of the left-liberal alliance, as so many recent victims can attest.

Liberal fascism is everywhere Behold its shocking rise - Salon.com

I enjoy the fact that you can get salads at schools now...

We could get them all throughout my schooling years. We could substitute our fruit or dessert for salad. Not a lot of people did it though. I would whenever we had pear halves for fruit or cherry cobbler for dessert. A lot of this "Oh Michelle Obama is a dictator" stuff really is nonsense. It has more to do with your local school system's budget/policies than what Michelle has dictated to schools.

Wrong, dummy....Michelle is but ONE of the dictators.

Stay tuned....get the education that you've missed.

Well I did learn what dictator means, and I got my salad, so I would say I am not the one who missed something.

Well, then....it behooves me to help you to see what you did miss!

Sure.

5. Did I mean Liberals are ready to dictate and rule everything????

Yup...exactly what I mean to teach you.....er, show you.

I have the sense that Alexis de Tocqueville will be a brand new adventure for you....so take notes.

Tocqueville said, almost two centuries ago, that there will be a political perspective that, today, we'd recognize as Liberalism/Progressivism....

a. Alexis de Tocqueville, writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.”

As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.” It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

b. Well, after all, what is so terrible about a “social body” that would be intent on exercising foresight with regard to everything; that would act as a “second providence,” nourishing men from birth and protecting them from “perils”; and that would function as a “tutelary power” capable of rendering men “gentle” and “sociable”??

c. So, the conflict remains in our time, between what we glibly call liberalism, and conservatism, the felt “need for guidance, and the longing to remain free.” What this would involve, Tocqueville explains, is a “species of compromise between administrative despotism and the sovereignty of the people,” and the compromises that result, not in liberty, but in a soft, gentle despotism welcomed by those subject to it.
Soft Despotism Democracy s Drift - Rahe Paul A. - Yale University Press

See where Woodrow Wilson's 'administrative state' fits in?

Aren't you glad you hung around?

More to come....and I'll get to your school lunch, too.

is it your position, PC, that a government program should not be run by the government?

Today......the degree of control demanded by the Left.

1. The 'founding' Progressives, e.g., Woodrow Wilson had the view that there was a class of individuals who were not only omniscient, and so quintessentially ethical that any oversight was unnecessary.
A spit in the eye to James Madison, who stated in the ‘Federalist,’ the greatest of all reflections on human nature…that "human beings are not angels.”

Wilson wrote of an 'administrative state' run by technocrats, experts, bureaucrats, who would make decisions for the rest of us, and these decisions need be followed to the letter!

To the letter!

2. And therein we find the impetus for Progressive/Liberal government....it always knows what is best for the rest of us!
Of course, that is why we find terms like 'banned,' or 'mandated,' prominent in their pronouncements.

3. Now, the extent to which those bannings and mandates are enforced, depends on
factors such as where they take place....different nations and peoples allow for different levels of compulsion.

a. Take the former Soviet Union.... gulags, psychiatric hospitals, and firing squads.
b. One need not go into the methods of Hitler's Germany.
c. Although one can think of an example of rounding up people based on their race, America does not have a culture that sanctions that level of compulsion.

But don't think that Liberals/Progressive elites don't yearn for some of that....
"[Obama] said in a radio interview the U.S. has suffered from a fundamentally flawed Constitution that does not mandate or allow for redistribution of wealth."
Obama rips U.S. Constitution

4. Now, while the several versions of Progressive governing have much in common....there are times when hiding the relationship might be....advisable.

"American progressives, for the most part, did not disavow fascism until the horrors of the Nazi Holocaust became manifest during World War II.

After the war,those progressives who had praised Mussolini and Hitler in the 1920s and 1930s had no choice but to dissociate themselves from fascism.“Accordingly,” writes Jonah Goldberg, “leftist intellectualsredefined fascism as
'right-wing' and projected their own sins onto conservatives,
even as they continued to borrow heavily from fascist and pre-fascist thought.” This progressive campaign to recast fascism as the "right-wing" antithesis of communism was aided by Joseph Stalin, ...."
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1223

The inspiration for that banning and mandating thing, can be seen here:

Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramschi’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

Get that? Every single aspect of life.....fodder for their canons.

I'm gonna get to school lunches.....

So you'd rather ignore the views of Woodrow Wilson, and Gramschi?

What are you afraid of, doggy?

1. The 'founding' Progressives, e.g., Woodrow Wilson had the view that there was a class of individuals who were not only omniscient, and so quintessentially ethical that any oversight was unnecessary.
A spit in the eye to James Madison, who stated in the ‘Federalist,’ the greatest of all reflections on human nature…that "human beings are not angels.”

Wilson wrote of an 'administrative state' run by technocrats, experts, bureaucrats, who would make decisions for the rest of us, and these decisions need be followed to the letter!

To the letter!

2. And therein we find the impetus for Progressive/Liberal government....it always knows what is best for the rest of us!
Of course, that is why we find terms like 'banned,' or 'mandated,' prominent in their pronouncements.

3. Now, the extent to which those bannings and mandates are enforced, depends on
factors such as where they take place....different nations and peoples allow for different levels of compulsion.

a. Take the former Soviet Union.... gulags, psychiatric hospitals, and firing squads.
c. Although one can think of an example of rounding up people based on their race, America does not have a culture that sanctions that level of compulsion.

But don't think that Liberals/Progressive elites don't yearn for some of that....
"[Obama] said in a radio interview the U.S. has suffered from a fundamentally flawed Constitution that does not mandate or allow for redistribution of wealth."

4. Now, while the several versions of Progressive governing have much in common....there are times when hiding the relationship might be....advisable.

"American progressives, for the most part, did not disavow fascism until the horrors of the Nazi Holocaust became manifest during World War II.

After the war,those progressives who had praised Mussolini and Hitler in the 1920s and 1930s had no choice but to dissociate themselves from fascism.“Accordingly,” writes Jonah Goldberg, “leftist intellectualsredefined fascism as
even as they continued to borrow heavily from fascist and pre-fascist thought.” This progressive campaign to recast fascism as the "right-wing" antithesis of communism was aided by Joseph Stalin, ...."

Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramschi’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

you haven't posted the views of woodrow wilson. you've posted someone's opinions of his views, but not his views.

"The ideal for us is a civil service cultured and self-sufficient enough to act with sense and vigor, and yet so intimately connected with the popular thought, by means of elections and constant public counsel, as to find arbitrariness or class spirit quite out of the question."
-The Study of Administration by Woodrow Wilson

i can absolutely see how you'd have a problem with that, PC.

Last edited:
but the gubbamint wasnt choosing the gubbamint school menu BEFORE they wanted it to be healthier
Last time I remember going to school was to get an education, not a meal.

These people like telling us what to do. That's the problem. Like we aren't smart enough to make our own choices. What kind of mind-numb worker drones do they think they're churning out of the education system???

To the letter!

you haven't posted the views of woodrow wilson. you've posted someone's opinions of his views, but not his views.

So....this is an admission on your part that you have no knowledge about the views of Wilson?

Great.

Start here, "American Progressivism," Pestritto
. Wilson wrote in “The State,” 1889, that "Government does now whatever experience permits or the times demand." His writings attack the Constitution, and the ideas of natural and individual rights. Along with Frank J. Goodnow, they pioneered the concept of the ‘administrative state,’ which separated the administration of government from the limitations of constitutional government. American Progressivism A Reader - Google Books

To the letter!

So....this is an admission on your part that you have no knowledge about the views of Wilson?

Great.

. Wilson wrote in “The State,” 1889, that "Government does now whatever experience permits or the times demand." His writings attack the Constitution, and the ideas of natural and individual rights. Along with Frank J. Goodnow, they pioneered the concept of the ‘administrative state,’ which separated the administration of government from the limitations of constitutional government. American Progressivism A Reader - Google Books
here's where you admit that you know nothing, since you are not able to produce passages that back up your assertions.

give me the words of wilson himself, and we shall talk.

but the gubbamint wasnt choosing the gubbamint school menu BEFORE they wanted it to be healthier
Last time I remember going to school was to get an education, not a meal.

These people like telling us what to do. That's the problem. Like we aren't smart enough to make our own choices. What kind of mind-numb worker drones do they think they're churning out of the education system???
Are you slow on this issue mud?

The issue is that the government already, and has for EONS, provides these lunches.

They are PUBLIC SCHOOL lunches.

And the gov't is changing ITS OWN PROGRAM'S RULES, not some private enterprise's rules.

Complaining about this is like pointing to the retard that says to keep the gov't filthy hands off your medicare. It doesnt wash, it's retarded.

"The ideal for us is a civil service cultured and self-sufficient enough to act with sense and vigor, and yet so intimately connected with the popular thought, by means of elections and constant public counsel, as to find arbitrariness or class spirit quite out of the question."

1. Obviously you haven't studied the French Revolution, and the concept of 'the general will,' either.

2. If you did, you would realize that you've just supported what I posted.
a. “Progressives looked to insulate administrators not only from the chief executive, but from politics altogether. It is the Progressives' desire to free bureaucratic agencies from the confines of politics and the law that allows us to trace the origins of the administrative state to their political thought. The idea of separating politics and administration--of grounding a significant portion of government not on the basis of popular consent but on expertise--was a fundamental aim of American Progressivism and explains the Progressives' fierce assault on the Founders' separation-of-powers constitutionalism.” The Birth of the Administrative State Where It Came From and What It Means for Limited Government

Wilson and the Progressives despised the Constitution...in fact he wrote that it could be discarded.

3. A conservative former NY Senator commented about said administrative state:

....the creation of more and more bureaus and agencies endowed with ever broader responsibilities and discretion in defining the rules that govern our activities and our lives. And these rules have the full force of law! Congress has increased the number of rules whose infractions are criminalized, waiving the common law requirement that one knows he is breaking the law. Today, one can be jailed for violating a regulation that one had no reason to know even existed!

While the officials in these agencies are generally good people, they become focused on their particular portfolio of duties, that, often, they cannot see the consequences on other parts of society. Put this together with human nature, and one can see bullying, and misuse of power, especially when these individuals are immune to penalty, and supported by free and extensive legal representation: they have sovereign immunity in their positions.
James L. Buckley, “Freedom at Risk: Reflections on Politics, Liberty, and the State”

1. Obviously you haven't studied the French Revolution, and the concept of 'the general will,' either.

a. “Progressives looked to insulate administrators not only from the chief executive, but from politics altogether. It is the Progressives' desire to free bureaucratic agencies from the confines of politics and the law that allows us to trace the origins of the administrative state to their political thought. The idea of separating politics and administration--of grounding a significant portion of government not on the basis of popular consent but on expertise--was a fundamental aim of American Progressivism and explains the Progressives' fierce assault on the Founders' separation-of-powers constitutionalism.” The Birth of the Administrative State Where It Came From and What It Means for Limited Government

Wilson and the Progressives despised the Constitution...in fact he wrote that it could be discarded.

....the creation of more and more bureaus and agencies endowed with ever broader responsibilities and discretion in defining the rules that govern our activities and our lives. And these rules have the full force of law! Congress has increased the number of rules whose infractions are criminalized, waiving the common law requirement that one knows he is breaking the law. Today, one can be jailed for violating a regulation that one had no reason to know even existed!

While the officials in these agencies are generally good people, they become focused on their particular portfolio of duties, that, often, they cannot see the consequences on other parts of society. Put this together with human nature, and one can see bullying, and misuse of power, especially when these individuals are immune to penalty, and supported by free and extensive legal representation: they have sovereign immunity in their positions.
James L. Buckley, “Freedom at Risk: Reflections on Politics, Liberty, and the State”
i see. you have fallen into the trap of accepting the opinions of some people as fact again.

you really should stop letting other people do your thinking for you. try doing some on your own. you may enjoy it.

see, if you had your own thoughts, you'd be able to post a quote from one of wilson's works and then you'd be able to give us your own evaluation.

you can't do that. you allow yourself to be lead around like a calf with a brass ring.

To the letter!

Great.

here's where you admit that you know nothing, since you are not able to produce passages that back up your assertions.

give me the words of wilson himself, and we shall talk.

Not talking to you is a penalty????

"Whenever liberals are in a tight spot, they adopt the scorched-earth policy of argumentation. With no answer, they start demanding that you define words: What do you mean “liberal”? What do you mean “democracy”? What do you mean “patriotism”?
They retreat from argument, burning the English language as they go." - Ann Coulter

Take a walk.

i see. you have fallen into the trap of accepting the opinions of some people as fact again.

you really should stop letting other people do your thinking for you. try doing some on your own. you may enjoy it.

see, if you had your own thoughts, you'd be able to post a quote from one of wilson's works and then you'd be able to give us your own evaluation.

you can't do that. you allow yourself to be lead around like a calf with a brass ring.

I see you have fallen into the contortion of putting both of your feet into your mouth.
The circus has a spot for you!

I see you have fallen into the contortion of putting both of your feet into your mouth.
The circus has a spot for you!
you need to understand that just because someone was published it does not make every word they wrote true and factual.

Forum List

Back