Why are conservatives clueless about our Constitution?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

I will give you this if you will give me that

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise

Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise
I dont see Harry Ried, nancy Pelosi or Obama compromising on anything.

hyperpartisan makes partisan trolling thread with obligatory insults to his opposition.
How clever ....and unique..:rolleyes:

When progressives make the definition of compromise "give us what we want, and maybe we will give you a nibble later" all they do is set up posts like yours.

We are at the point where there are two radically different views on how government works, and on that, there CAN be no compromise.

executive orders evade the constitution. You like those, though, don't you?

By the way, there is nothing in the constitution about "compromise".

thats only the farther right among them....but the far left is the same way....they both believe...."if you dont see things like we do....fuck you".....

Do you have any evidence what so ever of Democrats being willing to compromise, on anything?

If Charlton Heston had made a movie about it they'd understand...
When progressives make the definition of compromise "give us what we want, and maybe we will give you a nibble later" all they do is set up posts like yours.

We are at the point where there are two radically different views on how government works, and on that, there CAN be no compromise.
thats why the far left and right have to be banished to the corn field......

If Charlton Heston had made a movie about it they'd understand...

thats why the far left and right have to be banished to the corn field......
As long as it's the good corn and not mesa...

===================
you leftards are the best example of "my way or the highway", when has your side ever compromised on anything concerning the Constitution.., the Second Amdt. is the best example of failing to compromise. :up:

AND COMPROMISE THIS ......., :fu: .......................... :asshole:

executive orders evade the constitution. You like those, though, don't you?

By the way, there is nothing in the constitution about "compromise".

Actually, of course, the opposite is true.

And it was a Repub who said that 'compromise means doing it our way'.

RWs are incredibly ignorant about the Constitution. They just are. Read the thread about Maher and Affleck owning guns. According to RWs, only they have the right to own guns. And, hardly a day goes by when some dumb RW whines about their perceived loss of 1st amendment rights.

They aren't "clueless" exactly...they just think the founders stopped writing after the 2nd Amendment...and only the 1st part of the 2nd Amendment. They pretend the "well regulated" part wasn't written.

===================
you leftards are the best example of "my way or the highway", when has your side ever compromised on anything concerning the Constitution.., the Second Amdt. is the best example of failing to compromise. :up:

AND COMPROMISE THIS ......., :fu: .......................... :asshole:

That ^^

That is the attitude about compromise from the right.

Americans' Top Critique of GOP: "Unwilling to Compromise"

zgnfrog5ukmyfzthshfpkg.gif

The short answer to the question that is the title of this thread is that a great many Conservatives are simply just plain old ignorant, hate-filled assholes.

There, that pretty much covers it.

They aren't "clueless" exactly...they just think the founders stopped writing after the 2nd Amendment...and only the 1st part of the 2nd Amendment. They pretend the "well regulated" part wasn't written.

The militia is to be well regulated, the people keep the right to arms. Commas mean something.

Forum List

Back