If you could travel through time...

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
If you could travel through time, which periods, which events would you visit ? Let's have some fun here. What's on your bucket list in time travel ? There are no wrong answers, it's purely your choice. Enjoy each other's thoughts on the subject and have a great day!

I hate to say it, but this is the best time to be alive in the history of the world.

Better technology, better health, greatest opportunities for entertainment, self-actuation.

How many people reading this could last 6 hours without a cell phone?

Being POOR, SICK, or OPPRESSED sucks, no matter where or when you live, to be free, middle-class and American today is what religious people call a BLESSING.

I hate to say it, but this is the best time to be alive in the history of the world.

Better technology, better health, greatest opportunities for entertainment, self-actuation.

How many people reading this could last 6 hours without a cell phone?

Being POOR, SICK, or OPPRESSED sucks, no matter where or when you live, to be free, middle-class and American today is what religious people call a BLESSING.
Agreed, but what about tomorrow if today is good is tomorrow going to be better. That might be worth looking into ? Remember on this site you are limited to just one choice and that choice can be anytime, past present or future. What else would you like to see ? What else would you like to help create ?

Agreed, but what about tomorrow if today is good is tomorrow going to be better. That might be worth looking into ? Remember on this site you are limited to just one choice and that choice can be anytime, past present or future. What else would you like to see ? What else would you like to help create ?
I meant to say in the above post on this site you aren't limited to just one choice. Typo. Sorry.

If you could travel through time, which periods, which events would you visit ? Let's have some fun here. What's on your bucket list in time travel ? There are no wrong answers, it's purely your choice. Enjoy each other's thoughts on the subject and have a great day!
I would assassinate a young man that was Karl Marx before he started writing anything and fade into the countryside.

If just for my personal pleasure? The 50s in a small/rural town in America.

Last edited:
I would assassinate a young man that was Karl Marx before he started writing anything and fade into the countryside.

If just for my personal pleasure? The 50s.
Kind of dark thoughts there but it's your party. I survived the 50s, there was way too much paranoia and outright hatred of so many things. It turned me off. I think that's where the 60s happened, the negativity of the 50's killed itself.

starting in the 1950s most people had indoor plumbing and electricity and phones and radios and toilet paper and cars and air travel and......those are essentials

starting in the 1950s most people had indoor plumbing and electricity and phones and radios and toilet paper and cars and air travel and......those are essentials
Correct, I remember we had a black and white TV, and my mother had a washing machine with a ringer on top and put the clothes out on the line to dry in the fresh air ( not so fresh ) . Relive just north of Scranton Pennsylvania in the anthracite coal mining area, so there was a lot of pollution. I remember seeing lavender skies at sunrise and sunset because of the haze from the burning column Banks. Although there wasn't segregation in Pennsylvania all the blacks seem to know their place was Jones Street in Scranton. They all live there they were afraid to move out. Bad things happen when you don't know your place. And you don't want to talk about women, there were sex objects and domestic help that husbands could beat and get away with it. That's the flip side to the '50s. I almost forgot everyone was paranoid, the commies were the enemies and we are waiting for the bomb to drop it any minute. In grade school you were taught to hide under your desk, as if that would protect you from a nuclear attack. Paranoia and hatred that's what I remember about the fifties. Thank God I had five sisters a younger brother and a great mom. We won't talk about Dad.

Medieval times, Gettysburg, D-Day… and my tenth birthday (to tell myself how to fix my life).
If I could go back, I wouldn't change anything but I would do things better. Too much of our lives is wasted on fruitful adventures. Imagine where you'd be if you could correct that before it happened. But what else were to change. That's the big question.

If just for my personal pleasure? The 50s in a small/rural town in America.
I did some checking. You'd have to go back further than that the basic idea of Communism did not originate with Karl Marx. Plato and Aristotle discuss communism in ancient times, lost the concepts has always been with us. Karl Marx developed into a popular doctrine which was later propelled into practice. But as we all know, it wasn't very efficient and it wasn't pure communism. In every case it turns into an oligarchy. Plus people lost faith in it, individual desire for advancement proved more desirable to people then the collective good of people. Plato and Aristotle gave us some great ideas. If you go back in time and kill them it would change the course of history and I don't think it would be for the better.

Turtle Island is North America. It seems Columbus 'discovered' a land that already had a name.
Thanks, I didn't know that. I knew the Lenape people which believed the world stood on the back of a turtle

I'd like to go back and talk to Jesus. I think he'd be amazed what has been done in his name.

I'd like to go back and talk to Jesus. I think he'd be amazed what has been done in his name.
Certainly amazed about the good; most likely horrified about the bad. But then again, he knew people very well, he knew they were capable of doing both.

I did some checking. You'd have to go back further than that the basic idea of Communism did not originate with Karl Marx. Plato and Aristotle discuss communism in ancient times, lost the concepts has always been with us. Karl Marx developed into a popular doctrine which was later propelled into practice. But as we all know, it wasn't very efficient and it wasn't pure communism. In every case it turns into an oligarchy. Plus people lost faith in it, individual desire for advancement proved more desirable to people then the collective good of people. Plato and Aristotle gave us some great ideas. If you go back in time and kill them it would change the course of history and I don't think it would be for the better.
I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I'm simply trying to give you more information.

Forum List

Back