If you could only own one gun....the AR-15 is a good choice....

SS mini 14 and a Moss 500 marine SS here.

I won't admit to having any firearms due to some of the Gunnutters wanting to disarm anyone that doesn't 100% agree with them. But I might, I stress, might have access to a S&W 1911A1, Winchester 870 and a Remington model 700 Ought Six.

But I would NEVER admit to owning any firearms. But the Gunnuters are free to come check unannounced.
I live in a FREE country. We all have arms...legal and registered and nobody with a disarmament mentality. If you get nailed with an unregistered piece. 1 year. No questions asked.

Please sir, what is a "registered" firearm? :laughing0301:

En el rejistro nacional

Oh, you mean those guns Eric Holder sent to Mexico. Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Yes, those were most likely registered. :04:

I won't admit to having any firearms due to some of the Gunnutters wanting to disarm anyone that doesn't 100% agree with them. But I might, I stress, might have access to a S&W 1911A1, Winchester 870 and a Remington model 700 Ought Six.

But I would NEVER admit to owning any firearms. But the Gunnuters are free to come check unannounced.
I live in a FREE country. We all have arms...legal and registered and nobody with a disarmament mentality. If you get nailed with an unregistered piece. 1 year. No questions asked.

Mine aren't registered and don't have to be. And I have had them longer than the Background Checks. Oh, wait, or do I?

Ahh, them little itty bitty bullets?

Eh, I just no like. I know it's a solid platform, and yadda yadda.

Went through this with the Clinton "Assault Weapon Ban"

And my buddy was trying to get me to buy some SKSs for $115

I'm like.. "Dude, this is what that shoots, and this is what my gun shoots."

Plus! My gun is at least 6x more accurate.

Accuracy is the most important to me.

Granted the weapon has stopping power.

Last edited:

It depends on the type of weapon, the State, County or City you live in.

Mine aren't registered and don't have to be. And I have had them longer than the Background Checks. Oh, wait, or do I?
I dont know these years. I haven't had an FFL.Empire Inc in 25 years. Check with a gun shop

Here.....a look at why people like the AR-15 civilian rifle for self defense...

If You Could Only Own One Gun, An AR-15 Is A Great Choice Too

While in many respects, a shotgun is indeed a great (the best?) choice if you can only own one gun…but an AR-15 is also a darn good option.

In fact, an AR pattern rifle is a better choice in certain regards, though not as much in others. Shotguns are a little more ubiquitous, it’s true, but America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 comes darn close.

For starters, the AR-15 is one of the easiest weapon systems to learn. Since it’s a rifle, it is – like a shotgun – easier to be reliably accurate with for most shooters than a handgun, so long as the sighting system (be it iron sights, a red dot, or magnified optic) is zeroed.

Insert magazine, pull back the charging handle, and place it on safe. In case of bad guy, take safety off, aim and fire. Pretty darned simple.

Also, an AR-15 is far easier for most women to handle, which is one area where a shotgun (particularly the most popular 12 gauge variety) falls short. The length of pull on many smoothbores is frequently too long and a woman who isn’t used to the recoil of a 12-gauge (or even some 20 gauges for that matter) may be hesitant with one.

Glock is the best weapon of choice.

Ever been smacked in the eyeballs with a 400 lumen light when it's in the strobe mode? You'd probably be so disoriented that you'd lose your balance and fall down. There's a good reason why law-enforcement officers don't go sneaking around in the dark when they're clearing rooms. A weapon-mounted light is pretty much a standard accessory on many agencies' service weapons, rifles, and shotguns.

Yah, I have been. Mine is a 800 lumen. Even so, if I get hit in the eyes, before it centers on me, I am going to blow that light to hell and gone and anything behind it. Grandma won't have your 400 lumen light trying to get a cup of Tea so it's safe to say that it's an armed intruder.
So once you've shot at an object 2 feet left and a foot to the right of the actual aggressor; giving away your location... How you gonna hold up hiding behind your paper mache couch when the assailant in loads? The flashlight isn't the enemy... Like I said... You're a statistic.

Wow, you sure don't know much about the human makeup. So I fired and missed the body and hit the hand and the arm blowing it nearly clean off. He ain't firing at all with that much trauma. And if he has it mounted on his weapon, he's a mass of hamburger. You watch way too many movies, Rambo.
You think every flashlight has a gun attached to it? Hmmm.. Interesting. Maybe I read you wrong. Your statistic may not be that of a casualty. Rather that of an inmate for shooting an unarmed man... But hey do whatcha gotta. If it goes south; you can always hide behind your couch. Lol..!

I already stated I would announce first from cover in the Darkness behind a heavy piece of furnature AFTER I racked the action. The Shotgun is already pointed and ready to fire. But if it's Grandma hold that flashlight after a cup of Tea then I don't shoot because she will announce herself. Well, unless Grandma has a contract out to wipe you out, that is. You never know about Crazy Grandma.

Unless your furniture is made of 3" solid oak, you're better off lugging a 35-pound bucket of kitty litter with your other hand. Most furniture is either made of fluff or the wood's too thin.

The kitty litter bucket would work though. Just hold it in front of you with one hand and shoot with the other. Even better is it's used kitty litter because the smell will make them run away.

:21:

While in many respects, a shotgun is indeed a great (the best?) choice if you can only own one gun…but an AR-15 is also a darn good option.

In fact, an AR pattern rifle is a better choice in certain regards, though not as much in others. Shotguns are a little more ubiquitous, it’s true, but America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 comes darn close.

For starters, the AR-15 is one of the easiest weapon systems to learn. Since it’s a rifle, it is – like a shotgun – easier to be reliably accurate with for most shooters than a handgun, so long as the sighting system (be it iron sights, a red dot, or magnified optic) is zeroed.

Insert magazine, pull back the charging handle, and place it on safe. In case of bad guy, take safety off, aim and fire. Pretty darned simple.

Also, an AR-15 is far easier for most women to handle, which is one area where a shotgun (particularly the most popular 12 gauge variety) falls short. The length of pull on many smoothbores is frequently too long and a woman who isn’t used to the recoil of a 12-gauge (or even some 20 gauges for that matter) may be hesitant with one.

Own two AR-15s and two 9mm Glocks: 17L and 19.

It depends on the type of weapon, the State, County or City you live in.

Don't think I've ever seen a "registered firearm." I did purchase an AK through the channels right before the 2016 election, but every one of my other firearms were purchased face to face.

I have had all of them phoned in by a Sheriff's deputy, to make sure none of them were stolen. But I know the guy pretty well, he's bought a couple guns from me.

I dont know these years. I haven't had an FFL.Empire Inc in 25 years. Check with a gun shop

I don't have to. Even when I was in the Service and went over seas, the weapons stayed stateside with my parents. You will notice that none of these are new models but all of them are still in production so they must be pretty damned good.

Here is a funny story. I was invited to shoot Skeet while I was in Germany. Never shot skeet in my life before that. I was a 91 Trap Shooter though. Not great but not bad either. They noticed that I always hit the first bird but I would fumble the barrel on the second bird and then miss. They asked what was going on. I explained that I had never fired a model 1100 over under before in my life and was used to a Model 870. They went back to the Club House and got the old well worn Model 870 and I shot 24 out of 24. I was trying to use the recoil of the 1100 to eject the shell and cycle the action. Doesn't work so well but it was ingrained. It turns out that Skeet is easier to shoot than Trap for someone like me. You have more time and the birds are closer. But that damned stock just won't move on that 1100 worth a damned.

You know what makes the United States such a great country? I don't have to settle on just one gun, I can own as many guns as I want...

Almost nobody in the greatest Country in the world really has to defend themselves with a high powered rifle and a large magazine capacity and very few Americans have the experience and technical skills to master a military based semi-automatic rifle. "Is there one in the chamber"? "Where the hell is the safety"? Don't buy a thousand dollar AR 15 when you can get a break open easy to operate 12 ga. shotgun for a couple of hundred dollars. As far as handguns go the best bet is a revolver. No problems with a safety or an accidentally chambered round.

Glock is the best weapon of choice.

For long ranges self defense?

Almost nobody in the greatest Country in the world really has to defend themselves with a high powered rifle and a large magazine capacity and very few Americans have the experience and technical skills to master a military based semi-automatic rifle. "Is there one in the chamber"? "Where the hell is the safety"? Don't buy a thousand dollar AR 15 when you can get a break open easy to operate 12 ga. shotgun for a couple of hundred dollars. As far as handguns go the best bet is a revolver. No problems with a safety or an accidentally chambered round.

Wrong.

The AR-15 is far from "High Powered," and it isn't a military weapon..it is a standard/regular rifle.......and as the article points out, it is a very easy rifle to use especially for smaller people.

Wrong.

The AR-15 is far from "High Powered," and it isn't a military weapon..it is a standard/regular rifle.......and as the article points out, it is a very easy rifle to use especially for smaller people.

It's a varmint rifle suitable for woodchucks, porcupines, opossums, skunks and weasels. Unless it's an AR-10, it's 30 cal or go home.
:04:

Thats like saying, 'If I could only have one tool, would it be screwdriver or pliers?'.

It would really depend on the situation was I found myself in.

And how long I might be in that situation.

Pliers. I could file one end into a common screwdriver. Depending on the thickness maybe a modified Phillips on the other side.

Thats like saying, 'If I could only have one tool, would it be screwdriver or pliers?'.

It would really depend on the situation was I found myself in.

And how long I might be in that situation.

Pliers. I could file one end into a common screwdriver. Depending on the thickness maybe a modified Phillips on the other side.

Of course, with the surface removed, they wouldn't make very practical pliers.

Forum List

Back