If you could live in any book...

For example....you magically can transport yourself to live permanently inside the story of a fictitious book. Which would you choose and why?

I think I would like to be inside a Victoria Holt book. Why? Because it always involves a mysterious castle, ladies and gentleman and some scalywags but over all...nice settings.
I would choose Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, I really love this book! :smile:
The reason: Wonderland is way better than the real world :oops:

For example....you magically can transport yourself to live permanently inside the story of a fictitious book. Which would you choose and why?

I think I would like to be inside a Victoria Holt book. Why? Because it always involves a mysterious castle, ladies and gentleman and some scalywags but over all...nice settings.

At the moment I'd have to say Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon because the world of that novel is at least a worthwhile apocalypse.
Wow, great pick! I've read quite a few books by McCammon, Swan Song is my favorite. Such an incredible and gripping story. My second favorite by him is Boy's Life, which unlike many of his other books, contains very little horror or creepiness. It DOES have one of my favorite passages in ANY book I've read. It's the part where the boy, who IS the main character in the book, hears some strange noises in the back yard of his house several nights in a row after his beloved family dog died. The noises sound like a dog whimpering. After a few nights of this, he gets the courage to see just what IS making these sounds. It turns out to be the ghost of the family dog, looking pleadingly to the boy to let him out of the yard. The boy does so, and he never hears or sees the dog's ghost again. Just an astoundingly tender and bittersweet passage. Thinking of it just made me tear up again. McCammon's writing can be like that. Horrific one moment, tender the next. He is just a fantastic writer.
Wolfs Hour is good too. Hell, all his books are great exceot nightingle sings or whatever its called.

At the moment I'd have to say Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon because the world of that novel is at least a worthwhile apocalypse.
Wow, great pick! I've read quite a few books by McCammon, Swan Song is my favorite. Such an incredible and gripping story. My second favorite by him is Boy's Life, which unlike many of his other books, contains very little horror or creepiness. It DOES have one of my favorite passages in ANY book I've read. It's the part where the boy, who IS the main character in the book, hears some strange noises in the back yard of his house several nights in a row after his beloved family dog died. The noises sound like a dog whimpering. After a few nights of this, he gets the courage to see just what IS making these sounds. It turns out to be the ghost of the family dog, looking pleadingly to the boy to let him out of the yard. The boy does so, and he never hears or sees the dog's ghost again. Just an astoundingly tender and bittersweet passage. Thinking of it just made me tear up again. McCammon's writing can be like that. Horrific one moment, tender the next. He is just a fantastic writer.
Wolfs Hour is good too. Hell, all his books are great exceot nightingle sings or whatever its called.
Yep, Wolf's Hour IS mighty fine. It's a clever look at werewolf folklore, and incorporated into a more modern setting. I also really like They Thirst, McCammon's tale of modern day vampires. He's such a fantastic writer.

Yep, Wolf's Hour IS mighty fine. It's a clever look at werewolf folklore, and incorporated into a more modern setting. I also really like They Thirst, McCammon's tale of modern day vampires. He's such a fantastic writer.
Did you know there is a part 2 of Wolfs Hour?

Sorry its foreign description but on the right, you can read what its about. Remember his son? The wolfling he had with the female wolf? It ain't dead. ;)

Yes, They Thirst was pretty good too. So was Mystery Walk.

Have you read The Talisman by peter straub and stephen king? Part two of that book is Black House. I wouldn't mind being in The Talisman...but not in our world. The Territories world sounds better.:)

Did you know there is a part 2 of Wolfs Hour?

Sorry its foreign description but on the right, you can read what its about. Remember his son? The wolfling he had with the female wolf? It ain't dead. ;)

Yes, They Thirst was pretty good too. So was Mystery Walk.

Have you read The Talisman by peter straub and stephen king? Part two of that book is Black House. I wouldn't mind being in The Talisman...but not in our world. The Territories world sounds better.:)
I wasn't aware there was a second part to Wolf's Hour, thanks for the info. Also, I've read both The Talisman and Black House. Two wonderful books, I enjoyed the Talisman a BIT more. The Territories DO sound like an interesting place to inhabit. Mystery Walk is another one of my favorites by McCammon. Have you read Stinger? It's a strange sci-fi-ish (best way I can describe it) story, but quite good. I've never read ANY book by McCammon that I didn't enjoy.

Forum List

Back