If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion

Humans used to be prey at one time.
Primates lived in trees, and for some reason we came down to the grass savanahs.
So then we had to have a high reproductive rate to prevent extinction.
But that is no longer the case.
No that we have become predators instead of prey, a high reproductive rate risks not only the extinction of our own species, but potentially of all other species as well.

So then were did this prohibition against abortion come from?
It certainly did not come from the Egyptians, Greeks, or Romans, who all regularly practiced abortion..

{...
That abortion could have been specifically in the mind of the authors of Galatians and the Apocalypse, and that it was specifically dealt with by the early Christian communities, is established by several contemporary writings. The most important is the Didache, or Teaching of the Twelve Apostles. This ancient and authoritative statement of Christian principles in Syria was composed no later than 100 A.D. and may well have been written much .earlier.' 9 Here a list of precepts, was given for the instruction of the Christian:

You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not corrupt boys.
You shall not fornicate.
You shall not steal.
You shall not make magic.
You shall not practice medicine (pharmakeia).
You shall not slay the child by abortions (phthora).
You shall not kill what is generated.
You shall not desire your neighbor's wife.
Didache 2.2.
...}

But you see the problem?
It commands Christians to not practice medicine.
But we do practice medicine.
Why?
Because we now know that was an old superstition, and only the Christian Scientists still believe that medicine is bad.
And that is the level of ignorance that is against abortion.
It is a step backwards and more ignorant than the Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians even.
Children were not venerated as they are, or used to be, in America. They were basically work slaves or sex objects and when a society was conquered the boys would be killed and the women raped. Abortion is a step backward but, alas it is what it is.

It is not true that when one society conquered another, the boys were killed and the women raped.
That very rarely ever happened.
One of the few instances was in the Old Testament, when Joshua defeats the Canaanites at Jericho.
The defeat of Troy by the Greeks is another.
And another would be the Roman defeat of Carthage.
These were obvious exceptions from extreme emotional feelings, and not the norm when it came to imperial expansion.

Normally when the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc., defeated someone, it is because they wanted to add the productivity, wealth, manpower, and skills to their own, in order to increase their economic capability.
Almost all empires in history include the separate conquered nations within the empire.

Abortion is not a step backward, but the realization that women have millions of ovum, so there is no reason to not wait until conditions are ideal, before committing them to the family.
What is barbaric is to insist on the birth of a fetus that is known to be painfully defective and nonviable, like with spinal bifida.

... this is not new. This has been general doctrine for the RCC for a long time.

No it hasn't.
Only since 1869, and a few short periods earlier.
The RCC also at one time considered all practice of medicine to be a deadly sin.

I believe allowing the owner of the baby factory the choice to terminate a developing fetus as opposed to forcing her to bring a new life into the world, and the science to safely do that, while persevering the baby factory for future use, sets us apart from all the other animals in natures kingdom.
Phooey! Babies are not made in a factory, asshat. Beyond that insanity, calling a woman a 'baby factory' reflects your low regard for good men and women having children and raising families.

Stripping a woman’s right to decide when and if to have a baby, reduces her to a baby factory.

A gestating fetus is not a “baby”. Furthermore you have still not addressed the actual issue of why women have abortions in the first place. You have no universal healthcare. You have no mandated maternity leave or job security for pregnant women. You have the highest rate of maternal death in childbirth an infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world.

When you care about living breathing people, as much as you care about the unborn, you can complain about abortion.

But it’s still a woman’s right to choose and it always will be. You either make it legal or women will go to illegal abortion providers.
The courts have ruled that women have a right to an abortion, I'm good with that. However don't cheapen or dismiss the life of the unborn just so you can feel better about it.

I’m not the one who is cheapening life here. You cheap in the lives of women who are forced to make these financial decisions because of the failure of your government to provide any sort of basic encouragement for them to have babies.

No maternity leave. No family leave. No universal healthcare. The abortion rate in Canada is half that of the USA and abortions are free here and easily obtained.

Abortion in Canada is a matter between a woman and her doctor and it’s paid for by our government funded healthcare. We have mandated maternity leave. We have job security for pregnant women. We have universal healthcare for both woman and her baby paid for by our taxes.

If you want to save “innocent lives”, ypu could start with maternity leaves, and subsidized daycare. All the shit that Republicans are refusing to pass right now.
No one is forcing women to let themselves be inseminated by a sperm donor. Stop blaming everyone else please.

I believe allowing the owner of the baby factory the choice to terminate a developing fetus as opposed to forcing her to bring a new life into the world, and the science to safely do that, while persevering the baby factory for future use, sets us apart from all the other animals in natures kingdom.
Phooey! Babies are not made in a factory, asshat. Beyond that insanity, calling a woman a 'baby factory' reflects your low regard for good men and women having children and raising families.

Stripping a woman’s right to decide when and if to have a baby, reduces her to a baby factory.

A gestating fetus is not a “baby”. Furthermore you have still not addressed the actual issue of why women have abortions in the first place. You have no universal healthcare. You have no mandated maternity leave or job security for pregnant women. You have the highest rate of maternal death in childbirth an infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world.

When you care about living breathing people, as much as you care about the unborn, you can complain about abortion.

But it’s still a woman’s right to choose and it always will be. You either make it legal or women will go to illegal abortion providers.
The courts have ruled that women have a right to an abortion, I'm good with that. However don't cheapen or dismiss the life of the unborn just so you can feel better about it.

I’m not the one who is cheapening life here. You cheap in the lives of women who are forced to make these financial decisions because of the failure of your government to provide any sort of basic encouragement for them to have babies.

No maternity leave. No family leave. No universal healthcare. The abortion rate in Canada is half that of the USA and abortions are free here and easily obtained.

Abortion in Canada is a matter between a woman and her doctor and it’s paid for by our government funded healthcare. We have mandated maternity leave. We have job security for pregnant women. We have universal healthcare for both woman and her baby paid for by our taxes.

If you want to save “innocent lives”, ypu could start with maternity leaves, and subsidized daycare. All the shit that Republicans are refusing to pass right now.

How do I cheapen life? I am not forcing anyone to do anything, I said if a woman wants to have an abortion, that is their decision but they should not fool themselves by denying science. They are ending a human life. At least educate yourself on exactly what you are doing to make an informed educated, science based decision. Why is that so terrifying to you?
I’m not a Republican, I haven’t voted for a Republican President for many years, so stop with the stupid knee jerk partisan BS.

Last edited:

No one is forcing women to let themselves be inseminated by a sperm donor. Stop blaming everyone else please.

Sex is not just normal, but required for mental and physical well being.
Celibacy is not normal and is very harmful.

U

How do I cheapen life? I am not forcing anyone to do anything, I said if a woman wants to have an abortion, that is their decision but they should not fool themselves by denying science. They are ending a human life. At least educate yourself on exactly what you are doing to make an informed decision.
I’m not a Republican, I haven’t voted for a Republican President for many years, so stop with the stupid knee jerk partisan BS.

That is not true.
To be a human being, you have to be conscious and self aware.
That does not happen even at birth, but likely later than that even.
So there is no science claiming a fetus or unborn baby is a human being yet.
The science says that the historic precedence is that even birth does not make one a full human being yet.

U

How do I cheapen life? I am not forcing anyone to do anything, I said if a woman wants to have an abortion, that is their decision but they should not fool themselves by denying science. They are ending a human life. At least educate yourself on exactly what you are doing to make an informed decision.

That is not true.
The science says that the historic precedence is that even birth does not make one a full human being yet.

Science says no such thing,

There are condoms, pills and many ways to enjoy sex. A woman does not need to be inseminated to enjoy sex and a man doesn't need to inseminate a woman to enjoy sex. My question is why do women always play the victim? If a woman has sex and kills her baby that's on her and no one else typically.

That is not true.
That's a horrible lie. Shame on you.

U

That is not true.

Science says no such thing,

Yes science does say that life begins with self awareness after birth.
If you are not yet born, you can not possibly be conscious or then care about anything.

There are condoms, pills and many ways to enjoy sex. A woman does not need to be inseminated to enjoy sex and a man doesn't need to inseminate a woman to enjoy sex. My question is why do women always play the victim? If a woman has sex and kills her baby that's on her and no one else typically.

All method of birth control can and do sometimes fail, and the removal of the mistake harms no one, especially those not yet born or conscious.

All method of birth control can and do sometimes fail, and the removal of the mistake harms no one, especially those not yet born or conscious.
If you're that worried about being inseminated I suggest you consult a sex therapist. There are many ways to have sexual pleasure. Penis in vagina will always be a risk. Just a little basic knowledge for you.

Does this apply to the Death Penalty as well? The Catholic Church's position on life is unimpeachable.

Two entirely different issues....but you knew that
The sanctity of life doesn't have an asterisk as a Catholic. It's why I'm opposed to both. Folks want it both ways, but these teachings are unimpeachable, but you knew that.

What crime did an unborn baby do to deserve death?

God himself has dealt out death as punishment. It's Biblical

Does this apply to the Death Penalty as well? The Catholic Church's position on life is unimpeachable.

The sanctity of life doesn't have an asterisk as a Catholic. It's why I'm opposed to both. Folks want it both ways, but these teachings are unimpeachable, but you knew that.

None whatsoever.

Yes, it's for God to deal death as a punishment. Not man. I was taught to be unconditionally pro-life much in the fashion of Pope Saint John Paul II.

None whatsoever.

Yes, it's for God to deal death as a punishment. Not man. I was taught to be unconditionally pro-life much in the fashion of Pope Saint John Paul II.

Sorry, there is absolutely no correlation to killing an innocent unborn child to executing someone who murders people.

In fact Biblically speaking if you support the sin of killing the unborn you're just as guilty of doing it. (Not saying you do)

None whatsoever.

Sorry, there is absolutely no correlation to killing an innocent unborn child to executing someone who murders people.

In fact Biblically speaking if you support the sin of killing the unborn you're just as guilty of doing it. (Not saying you do)
I can’t abide the discarding of life in any instance. These are the deeply held I beliefs was taught and still hold today. If you agree, that’s okay. We just disagree.

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
I remember when I was over in the war and my wife and me would send tapes back and forth. My little girl sent me one and she said "daddy please come home alive." I sent her one back and I told her "baby girl you're dad is coming home...alive." You think I would abort her? No way dude. I kept my promise.

It's too bad we don't understand that the kids in other countries want the same thing.
So people in the United States of America are supposed to feel guilty? Fuck you.

Absolutely. You seem to be another that only pretends to be pro-life. Life doesn't end at birth.

Where does it say that in the bible?

You guys are obsessed by saving the life of a foetus from an unwanted pregnancy to a girl destined to poverty but never show any consideration for that child after it's birth but instead chortle and bleat how you have upheld gods laws. Bullshit. Its your own laws etc your wanting obey. Its your filthy religion interfering with women's rights to their body. No one or religion has that right but you sanctamonious pompous godbothering derelicts take it upon yourself to interfere regardless.

Mind your own bloody business. Do so.ething about your Catholic wives having abortions but still attend church with a gut full of contraception.
Do something about the priest rooting little boys. You know, the ones you give money to every Sunday as payment for doing it.
When has your filthy religion spent hundreds of millions of dollars like Bill gates has , to save children's lives in Africa etc?
Why doesn't you fraudulent churches pat taxes like every other business?

You just don't get it. You are 24 carat gold plated hypocrites.
So if someone murders you we should let that person go free?

None whatsoever.

I can’t abide the discarding of life in any instance. These are the deeply held I beliefs was taught and still hold today. If you agree, that’s okay. We just disagree.

True that But the moment you lose a loved one to murder you'll rethink your position.

Trust me I've been there.

Bottom line....there is absolutely no reason to kill an unborn child in the age of today. Multiple methods of birth control, men need to share responsibility and cover.

It's all about personal responsibility and lack of it is no damn reason a baby should be murdered...and yes it's murder

Forum List

Back