If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion

The point you clearly made is that "God" is the benevolent deity in America.

I submit that America doesn't have a benevolent deity. Some of the citizenry may, but that doesn't mean they're right, nor does it permit them to insist their beliefs be paramount to all others....
OK tell me how you know what is right.
I don't have to, simply because I'm not the one making the bullshit claim that God is America's benevolent deity.

It'a impossible to prove anything about something that doesn't exist. But, since you seem convinced God does exist, show us the proof...

You're wrong.

Outsiders have already infiltrated their society. There have been a number of interactions with them over the years...
A number of interactions is not an infiltration yet, I bet that society is currently NOT the same as before the intruders.

You're wrong.

Outsiders have already infiltrated their society. There have been a number of interactions with them over the years...
A number of interactions is not an infiltration yet, I bet that society is currently NOT the same as before the intruders.
It's actually believed that's likely the case.

People have had successful interactions with them. Others have had their corpses posted on the beach like scarecrows.

It's currently illegal to visit the island...

I don't have to, simply because I'm not the one making the bullshit claim that God is America's benevolent deity.

I can't prove the existence of something that doesn't exist. But, since you seem convinced he God does exist, show us the proof...
The belief in a benevolent deity in America is NOT a bullshit claim. "In God We Trust" is emblazoned on our currency for one. We believe that a Creator has bestowed certain human rights as well. I suppose you can dispute the word Creator vs. God but that would be getting into the weeds. Now, if you believe that humans are incapable of envisioning a benevolent deity then you must believe human beings are fundamentally evil. BTW I never asked you or have I tried to provide proof of the existence of a deity. I think you continue to misunderstand.

I can't prove the existence of something that doesn't exist. But, since you seem convinced he God does exist, show us the proof...
The belief in a benevolent deity in America is NOT a bullshit claim. "In God We Trust" is emblazoned on our currency for one. We believe that a Creator has bestowed certain human rights for another. Now, if you believe that humans are incapable of envisioning a benevolent deity then you must believe human beings are fundamentally evil. BTW I never asked you or have I tried to provide proof of the existence of a deity. I think you continue to misunderstand.
No, but I've asked you to prove it. Frankly, if God exists, I don't think he'd be all too impressed by seeing his name on a nickel.

It should be pointed out that reference to God on our money didn't exist for a whole lot longer than they have. It wasn't until 1957 that "In God We Trust" showed up on paper currency; 64 years ago. Not a very long time at all...

Humans used to be prey at one time.
Primates lived in trees, and for some reason we came down to the grass savanahs.
So then we had to have a high reproductive rate to prevent extinction.
But that is no longer the case.
No that we have become predators instead of prey, a high reproductive rate risks not only the extinction of our own species, but potentially of all other species as well.

So then were did this prohibition against abortion come from?
It certainly did not come from the Egyptians, Greeks, or Romans, who all regularly practiced abortion..

{...
That abortion could have been specifically in the mind of the authors of Galatians and the Apocalypse, and that it was specifically dealt with by the early Christian communities, is established by several contemporary writings. The most important is the Didache, or Teaching of the Twelve Apostles. This ancient and authoritative statement of Christian principles in Syria was composed no later than 100 A.D. and may well have been written much .earlier.' 9 Here a list of precepts, was given for the instruction of the Christian:

You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not corrupt boys.
You shall not fornicate.
You shall not steal.
You shall not make magic.
You shall not practice medicine (pharmakeia).
You shall not slay the child by abortions (phthora).
You shall not kill what is generated.
You shall not desire your neighbor's wife.
Didache 2.2.
...}

But you see the problem?
It commands Christians to not practice medicine.
But we do practice medicine.
Why?
Because we now know that was an old superstition, and only the Christian Scientists still believe that medicine is bad.
And that is the level of ignorance that is against abortion.
It is a step backwards and more ignorant than the Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians even.

No, but I've asked you to prove it. Frankly, if God exists, I don't think he'd be all too impressed by seeing his name on a nickel.

It should be pointed out that reference to God on our money didn't exist for a whole lot longer than they have. It wasn't until 1957 that "In God We Trust" showed up on paper currency; 64 years ago. Not a very long time at all...
Belief is not science and requires no scientific method. Belief in a Creator goes back to 1776. Now, like I said, if you would like to get into the lexicon weeds as to 'Creator' vs. 'God' I will not join you.

Last edited:
Humans used to be prey at one time.
Primates lived in trees, and for some reason we came down to the grass savanahs.
So then we had to have a high reproductive rate to prevent extinction.
But that is no longer the case.
No that we have become predators instead of prey, a high reproductive rate risks not only the extinction of our own species, but potentially of all other species as well.

So then were did this prohibition against abortion come from?
It certainly did not come from the Egyptians, Greeks, or Romans, who all regularly practiced abortion..

{...
That abortion could have been specifically in the mind of the authors of Galatians and the Apocalypse, and that it was specifically dealt with by the early Christian communities, is established by several contemporary writings. The most important is the Didache, or Teaching of the Twelve Apostles. This ancient and authoritative statement of Christian principles in Syria was composed no later than 100 A.D. and may well have been written much .earlier.' 9 Here a list of precepts, was given for the instruction of the Christian:

You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not corrupt boys.
You shall not fornicate.
You shall not steal.
You shall not make magic.
You shall not practice medicine (pharmakeia).
You shall not slay the child by abortions (phthora).
You shall not kill what is generated.
You shall not desire your neighbor's wife.
Didache 2.2.
...}

But you see the problem?
It commands Christians to not practice medicine.
But we do practice medicine.
Why?
Because we now know that was an old superstition, and only the Christian Scientists still believe that medicine is bad.
And that is the level of ignorance that is against abortion.
It is a step backwards and more ignorant than the Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians even.
Children were not venerated as they are, or used to be, in America. They were basically work slaves or sex objects and when a society was conquered the boys would be killed and the women raped. Abortion is a step backward but, alas it is what it is.

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!
Oh darn... LOL

Belief is not science and requires no scientific method.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. And, because it requires no scientific method, it cannot be objectively proven...

Belief in a Creator goes back to 1776.

Wow.

That's the dumbest thing you've said in this entire thread...

Now, like I said, if you would like to get into the lexicon weeds as to 'Creator' vs. 'God' I will not join you.

Can't make a case for your argument?

Fair enough. Then I guess we expect future posting from you to reflect that...

Thank you, Captain Obvious. And, because it requires no scientific method, it cannot be objectively proven...

Wow.

Now, like I said, if you would like to get into the lexicon weeds as to 'Creator' vs. 'God' I will not join you.

I NEVER TRIED TO PROVE IT!! YOU IDIOT!!
EVER HEAR OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE? ""We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".
Go ahead and argue the difference between Creator and God. Find a mirror.

Wow.

I NEVER TRIED TO PROVE IT!! YOU IDIOT!!
EVER HEAR OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE? ""We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".
Go ahead and argue the difference between Creator and God. Find a mirror.

Dummy, pay attention.

You said that, in America", "God" was the benevolent deity.

You've proven to be only a pathetic failure at supporting that position.

One person's creator can be very different from yours. Your belief isn't any more valid than anyone else's.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to address how a belief in a creator only goes back to 1776. What a stupid fucking thing to say...

Dummy, pay attention.

You said that, in America", "God" was the benevolent deity.

You've proven to be only a pathetic failure at supporting that position.

One person's creator can be very different from yours. Your belief isn't any more valid than anyone else's.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to address how a belief in a creator only goes back to 1776. What a stupid fucking thing to say...
Oh phooey, I spent many posts trying to explain to you that God was a belief and a concept but your anvil-like brain could do nothing but argue and fight. Have you ever even read the 1776 Declaration of Independence? It mentions a Creator. Are you from America? It seems you're not.

I believe allowing the owner of the baby factory the choice to terminate a developing fetus as opposed to forcing her to bring a new life into the world, and the science to safely do that, while persevering the baby factory for future use, sets us apart from all the other animals in natures kingdom.
Phooey! Babies are not made in a factory, asshat. Beyond that insanity, calling a woman a 'baby factory' reflects your low regard for good men and women having children and raising families.
Poor thing, go see mommy, she'll make you feel better. Would ums feels better if I called it a miracle baby factory? The Miracle factory comes as standard equipment for most all female mammals, complete with nourishment nozzles too!

Maybe you'd feel better if I called the baby factory (ops I mean miracle factory) an oven with a bun in it. Take out a bun but the oven still works.

Correction Miracle Oven!

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!
Do you really think our VP should knuckle under to the kiddy diddling Catholic church? You're probably not even Catholic.
Born and raised. He should go with the Church. But he won't because he is a piece of shit. Either you're loyal or you're not. Baby murder is not Christian.
It depends on the situation doesn't. If a woman aborts her pregnancy she's a cold blooded murderer but if we kill some kids in an airstrike in some war zone we just calmly dismiss it as an unavoidable part of war, collateral damage..no big deal.
Don't even try to compare the two. A baby in a womb is innocent. When we launch airstrikes against the enemies of liberty it's because they are complete assholes.
Do you really think our VP should knuckle under to the kiddy diddling Catholic church? You're probably not even Catholic.
Born and raised. He should go with the Church. But he won't because he is a piece of shit. Either you're loyal or you're not. Baby murder is not Christian.

Abortion is not “baby murder”. A baby is alive and breathing. Genesis, the first book of the Bible, says that when Adam was fully formed, God breathed life into him. Life begins at the first breath.

According to the Catholic Church, a baby in the womb is not innocent either. It carries the mark of “original sin”. The child cannot be considered innocent until it has been baptized. An unbaptized infant cannot be buried in a Catholic cemetery.

I find it laughable when Republicans talk about saving innocent babies. These are the people who vote against universal healthcare. You have the highest rate of maternal deaths in childbirth and infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world. I don’t hear Republicans talking about these issues, or doing anything to reduce the number of women and babies who are dying.

These women and their children are loved and wanted but you don’t even talk about them, or saving them or even helping them. You only talk about saving the “unborn”. That’s why no one takes you seriously. Real babies and their mothers are dying and you don’t care but these imaginary “innocent children in the womb” must be saved.

When you start caring about real babies and their mothers who are dying, I’ll take you seriously on the abortion matter.
According to science life begins at conception. Do you disagree with science?
That everyone who ever lived started life at conception, is logical. However not every conception leads to a birth. Many simply don't implant in the womb. Some forms of birth control stop the fertilized eggs from implanting.

Last edited:
It depends on the situation doesn't. If a woman aborts her pregnancy she's a cold blooded murderer but if we kill some kids in an airstrike in some war zone we just calmly dismiss it as an unavoidable part of war, collateral damage..no big deal.
Don't even try to compare the two. A baby in a womb is innocent. When we launch airstrikes against the enemies of liberty it's because they are complete assholes.

Abortion is not “baby murder”. A baby is alive and breathing. Genesis, the first book of the Bible, says that when Adam was fully formed, God breathed life into him. Life begins at the first breath.

According to the Catholic Church, a baby in the womb is not innocent either. It carries the mark of “original sin”. The child cannot be considered innocent until it has been baptized. An unbaptized infant cannot be buried in a Catholic cemetery.

I find it laughable when Republicans talk about saving innocent babies. These are the people who vote against universal healthcare. You have the highest rate of maternal deaths in childbirth and infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world. I don’t hear Republicans talking about these issues, or doing anything to reduce the number of women and babies who are dying.

These women and their children are loved and wanted but you don’t even talk about them, or saving them or even helping them. You only talk about saving the “unborn”. That’s why no one takes you seriously. Real babies and their mothers are dying and you don’t care but these imaginary “innocent children in the womb” must be saved.

When you start caring about real babies and their mothers who are dying, I’ll take you seriously on the abortion matter.
According to science life begins at conception. Do you disagree with science?

You’re gonna have to provide a link or science calls “gestation” or says a fetus is anything but a parasite.

According to science life begins at birth. Science calls the initial phase of human development a “zygote”. The next phase is a called a “fetus” and the whole process is call “gestation”.

My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. One of the most traumatic events of my life. When I called my doctor to tell him that I was having cramps and spotting he casually said “Oh, it’s probably just an early miscarriage”.

He was very casual and glib about it. He didn’t say anything about trying to save the “baby”. One would think that if an actual baby was involved my doctor would’ve been more concerned for its well-being.

And once again it comes down to if you really cared about the babies, you would care about the higher rate of infant mortality in the first year off life. You’d do “well baby check ups” for new mothers, and ensure universal health care access for pregnant women and their babies.

You don’t take care of the babies that are being born in the United States today. Until you start taking care of them and they can sure they don’t die, you can shut the fuck up about the unborn.
I have posted links in many threads and earlier in this thread already. Go back and look it up. I am sorry you lost a baby, that is very difficult as you say. Your doctor being an ass because he could not save the baby is unacceptable and I would hope you changed doctors.

Why is it that taking a bald eagle egg is a federal offense. The same with sea turtles. Why is that if they are not living?

Both species are endangered and every potential life should be given the opportunity to become a life.

Humans are not endangered. Not in the slightest. We are a danger to ourselves and others. It is illegal for us to kill endangered species because we are the ones who endangered them in the first place.
According to you their life is worth more than human life. Interesting concept.
You can't murder babies.
Sure you can, women too, you just can't, or shouldn't be able to get away with it. Ask Lt. Calley.

My_Lai_massacre.jpg

I believe allowing the owner of the baby factory the choice to terminate a developing fetus as opposed to forcing her to bring a new life into the world, and the science to safely do that, while persevering the baby factory for future use, sets us apart from all the other animals in natures kingdom.
Phooey! Babies are not made in a factory, asshat. Beyond that insanity, calling a woman a 'baby factory' reflects your low regard for good men and women having children and raising families.

Stripping a woman’s right to decide when and if to have a baby, reduces her to a baby factory.

A gestating fetus is not a “baby”. Furthermore you have still not addressed the actual issue of why women have abortions in the first place. You have no universal healthcare. You have no mandated maternity leave or job security for pregnant women. You have the highest rate of maternal death in childbirth an infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world.

When you care about living breathing people, as much as you care about the unborn, you can complain about abortion.

But it’s still a woman’s right to choose and it always will be. You either make it legal or women will go to illegal abortion providers.

Stripping a woman’s right to decide when and if to have a baby, reduces her to a baby factory.

A gestating fetus is not a “baby”. Furthermore you have still not addressed the actual issue of why women have abortions in the first place. You have no universal healthcare. You have no mandated maternity leave or job security for pregnant women. You have the highest rate of maternal death in childbirth an infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world.

When you care about living breathing people, as much as you care about the unborn, you can complain about abortion.

But it’s still a woman’s right to choose and it always will be. You either make it legal or women will go to illegal abortion providers.
The courts have ruled that women have a right to an abortion, I'm good with that. However don't cheapen or dismiss the life of the unborn just so you can feel better about it.

Does this apply to the Death Penalty as well? The Catholic Church's position on life is unimpeachable.

Forum List

Back