If you actually met Buddha

Firstly, "Zen" is arguably not a religion. Secondly, it would not matter if I were a Buddhist as the comment is merely about a story concerning a teacher and his pupils. And, what "deceit" do you mean? Finally, what "man" are you referring to whom you "remember"?
Yes I always thought of Christ and Buddha as philosophies, it's unfortunate the one has a religion named after him and the other which truly was a philosophy, is referred to as a religion. Whoever posted that original post on Buddhism, did it with deceit ( meant as a trap ). The original author of that quote meant it as a lesson for his adherents. It's not appropriate to use on non-buddhist to trick them to try to make them feel foolish. The person doing this is the one who should feel foolish. maybe there's nothing about honor and truthfulness in Buddhism I don't know, I don't really care. But we wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't for that original use of trickery. I like laughing with others, laughing at them at their expense is an entirely different story. There is no good ending to that story.

I'd advise him to change his diet or he'll be dead soon enough with or without my help, and give him a mask for safe measure.

????????????????????????
Have you never seen the fat Buddha depiction?

That is a representation of prosperity in the future. Shakyamuni was extremely thin after fasting for 49 days beneath a bo-dhi tree.
That's the Buddha I see when I hear the name. I don’t post for everyone and every perception, it doesn't bother me if people don't get what I mean.

What an odd question, MaryL.

What a very strange question.....the answer for me is of course not, like Jesus he is another Blessed soul.

Blessed soul my foot. Neither ever existed other than in your mind.

STUPID QUESTION as you don't MEET the Buddha without BECOMING or BEING the Buddha.
I didn't know everyone he taught became Buddha, then everyone they taught and so on. Must be a few around. You'd think by now we'd all be Buddha.

I would kill Buddha ONLY if he attacked me with the intention of putting me in the hospital for a long time or six feet under and had the ability to do so. Somehow I doubt Buddha would attack me to begin with.

Of course my objective would be to stop his attack not to put him in the grave. Unfortunately guns somethimes can and do kill attackers. That is why using a firearm is called lethal force.

However looking at Buddha’s pictures I doubt my .38 snub nosed revolver would do much more than give him a bad stomach ache.

I would kill Buddha ONLY if he attacked me with the intention of putting me in the hospital for a long time or six feet under and had the ability to do so.

Of course my objective would be to stop his attack not to put him in the grave. Unfortunately guns somethimes can and do kill attackers. That is why using a firearm is called lethal force.

However looking at Buddha’s pictures I doubt my .38 snub nosed revolver would do much more than give him a bad stomach ache.
Once again the fat Buddha is not a representation of Siddhartha it's a representation of prosperity.

The Buddha was actually a rather small and very thin man more like Ghandi.

I am not a Buddhist. I remember the man. I thought it was some Christian zealot who wanted to kill Siddhartha.

When did you ever see a Christian zealot kill someone - with or without time travelling machine?

Once again the fat Buddha is not a representation of Siddhartha it's a representation of prosperity.

The Buddha was actually a rather small and very thin man more like Ghandi.
I have to admit I have not studied Buddha or the religion.

The Dalai Lama once said that westerners lack the background to truly understand Buddhism. I thought about it and decided it does make more sense to go with the local religion.

I have to admit I have not studied Buddha or the religion.

The Dalai Lama once said that westerners lack the background to truly understand Buddhism. I thought about it and decided it does make more sense to go with the local religion.
Anyone can understand Buddhism it's not really that difficult

Anyone can understand Buddhism it's not really that difficult
That’s fine. I’ll just continue to study Christianity. The reincarnation thing doesn’t appeal to me. One life is more than enough for me.

That’s fine. I’ll just continue to study Christianity. The reincarnation thing doesn’t appeal to me. One life is more than enough for me.
Not all Buddhists believe in reincarnation just like all Christians don't believe the same things

Not all Buddhists believe in reincarnation just like all Christians don't believe the same things
I was not aware of that but as I said I haven’t studied Buddhism all that much.

Forum List

Back