If you actually met Buddha

What an odd question, MaryL.

What a very strange question.....the answer for me is of course not, like Jesus he is another Blessed soul.

Would you kill him?
You cannot kill the Buddha.
There are many Buddhas
They have achieved nibbana.
Some who have achieved this perfect state
Choose to return to this plane to help others progress,
If you happen to meet a Buddha
The Buddha will be one of these.
But beware.
No Buddha ever claims to be a Buddha.
To make such a claim would trivialize perfection.
If you meet a Buddha and know it, you are being misled.
The Buddhas who have returned to human form do die
But when the do they can, if they choose, return in 40 days.

Would you kill him?
There are many Buddhas
But beware.
Sure do miss that Informative Button!!! :mad:

Would you kill him?
There are many Buddhas
But beware.
Sure do miss that Informative Button!!! :mad:
I guess.

Wow, did everyone really miss the point of this? The one time this OCD old bat starts a non-racist, non-xenophobic thread and no one gets the point? That's a real shame.

Kill the Buddha if the Buddha exists somewhere else. If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha. In other words, if you encounter a "Buddha" separate from yourself, you are deluded.

To "meet" the Buddha is to be stuck in dualism.

There is an old Zen story about a master who made the comment, "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!" As with all such lessons, any out-of-context response only displays total lack of understanding of, well, much of anything.

There is an old Zen story about a master who made the comment, "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!" As with all such lessons, any out-of-context response only displays total lack of understanding of, well, much of anything.
I am not a Buddhist. I remember the man. I thought it was some Christian zealot who wanted to kill Siddhartha.

Not at all.
Well if you're a Buddhist, you're a sad one. Using deceit to try to make a point in a religion just proves to me how wrong it is. I always thought the object of Buddhism was the improvement of self. I I have to wonder what the Buddha. ( Sidarkha ) would think of his 9th. Century knock-off Chinese. I, mysellf was mostly concerned with the judgmental religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Now I realize it's a systemic problem in all religions. I guess they all employ attack and discredit methods in an effort of self-preservation. The truth can stand on its own.

Well if you're a Buddhist, you're a sad one. Using deceit to try to make a point in a religion just proves to me how wrong it is. I always thought the object of Buddhism was the improvement of self. I I have to wonder what the Buddha. ( Sidarkha ) would think of his 9th. Century knock-off Chinese. I, mysellf was mostly concerned with the judgmental religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Now I realize it's a systemic problem in all religions. I guess they all employ attack and discredit methods in an effort of self-preservation. The truth can stand on its own.
Firstly, "Zen" is arguably not a religion. Secondly, it would not matter if I were a Buddhist as the comment is merely about a story concerning a teacher and his pupils. And, what "deceit" do you mean? Finally, what "man" are you referring to whom you "remember"?

Forum List

Back