If Trump wins is it a referendum on conservative values or people being sick of liberal culture?

IF Drumpf wins this will be a referendum on the white people in this country. Prior to Obama getting elected Drumpf would not have been a viable candidate for POTUS. Its obvious that Drumpfs assent is the back lash of angry white voters having their political will stymied for the first time....2 times in a row. I say this because every other demographic was over 60% in voting for the first Black POTUS while whites never topped 40%. Its the elephant in the room but we all know its true.

IF Drumpf wins this will be a referendum on the white people in this country. Prior to Obama getting elected Drumpf would not have been a viable candidate for POTUS. Its obvious that Drumpfs assent is the back lash of angry white voters having their political will stymied for the first time....2 times in a row. I say this because every other demographic was over 60% in voting for the first Black POTUS while whites never topped 40%. Its the elephant in the room but we all know its true.
Republicans would win every election if they changed their messaging on social issues and trickle down. Lower taxes and less government programs is a winning argument, the rest of the BS is a loser and makes the GOP look like corporate villains

Republicans would win every election if they changed their messaging on social issues and trickle down. Lower taxes and less government programs is a winning argument, the rest of the BS is a loser and makes the GOP look like corporate villains
I think Repubs have been very active in coding their language. Not particularly clever but they have tried. Every since they started recruiting the racist Dems over to their party they have pushed the same message on social issues and trickle down. I cant say all Repubs are illiterate or sheep but it must be a lot of them that are.

I ask this because I don't feel like all people who are tired of liberal royalty, social justice warriors or outrage culture are necessarily conservative, ideology wise.

SJWs are tiring, and also she is terrible..

I think Repubs have been very active in coding their language. Not particularly clever but they have tried. Every since they started recruiting the racist Dems over to their party they have pushed the same message on social issues and trickle down. I cant say all Repubs are illiterate or sheep but it must be a lot of them that are.
A big part of it is they speak to the extreme of their base and not to the entire country. Immigration for example. There is nothing wrong with wanting to enforce our laws and support border security however they need to also speak to the 11 million illegals that are in this country and propose a common sense solution that addresses that issue and doesn't attack, or threaten them. Another example is when they speak about welfare and describe recipients, which is nearly half the country, as "takers". While the base gets fired up about this, it is very insulting and polarizing for the national audience.

My point being, they can still promote and advance their agenda but they need an overhaul with their messaging to present a more united front instead of the obstructionist/oppositional front that they have been running on as of late

If Trump wins, it's because people are sick of Hillary.

The idea that Trump represents some conservative movement, other than the crazy fringe alt-right, is absolutely hilarious.

A big part of it is they speak to the extreme of their base and not to the entire country. Immigration for example. There is nothing wrong with wanting to enforce our laws and support border security however they need to also speak to the 11 million illegals that are in this country and propose a common sense solution that addresses that issue and doesn't attack, or threaten them. Another example is when they speak about welfare and describe recipients, which is nearly half the country, as "takers". While the base gets fired up about this, it is very insulting and polarizing for the national audience.

My point being, they can still promote and advance their agenda but they need an overhaul with their messaging to present a more united front instead of the obstructionist/oppositional front that they have been running on as of late
Such a message delivered with intelligence would scare away much of their base which curiously seems to consist of ignorant poor whites and business owners out to make more profit. The message I see is that "Blacks, Mexican, women, and gays are taking your jobs" and "we are going to lower taxes on businesses". If they got rid of the misogynistic, racist rhetoric I think the poor whites would feel alienated. GOP doesnt want to lose that vote.

If Drumpf wins its only the result of people being tired of the two candidates and the Drumpf supporters being more sheeplike.

Asclepias- I totally agree with the first half- being tired of the two canidates- and vehemently disagree with the second half- drumpf supporters sheeplike.

Let's review. Those "sheep" outright refused to follow the party leaders in selecting from the chosen candidates, Bush, Rubio, Kasich, er at, and instead ignored their pleas by selecting the orange clown. No my friend, the sheep are on the other side of the political fence, those who ignored all the shortcomings and scandals of the bulldyke and gleefully elected her as their nominee as the DNC intended. Nothing is more obvious.

If Drumpf wins its only the result of people being tired of the two candidates and the Drumpf supporters being more sheeplike.

Asclepias- I totally agree with the first half- being tired of the two canidates- and vehemently disagree with the second half- drumpf supporters sheeplike.

Let's review. Those "sheep" outright refused to follow the party leaders in selecting from the chosen candidates, Bush, Rubio, Kasich, er at, and instead ignored their pleas by selecting the orange clown. No my friend, the sheep are on the other side of the political fence, those who ignored all the shortcomings and scandals of the bulldyke and gleefully elected her as their nominee as the DNC intended. Nothing is more obvious.
I said Drumpf supporters were sheeplike, not GOP supporters. It looks like its just a matter of taste. You have Clinton who is probably dirty and then you have Drumpf that very likely is a sexual predator in addition to being inexperienced, narcissistic, and a general all around blow hard.

I ask this because I don't feel like all people who are tired of liberal royalty, social justice warriors or outrage culture are necessarily conservative, ideology wise.
Considering Trump is about the sorriest excuse for a conservative the party could find, his election says a lot about conservative values and it's not good.

The movement has been fearing and loathing somewhere in Vegas for a while now, trying to again find it's soul. Trump is just a symptom of a serious dysfunction.

Considering Trump is about the sorriest excuse for a conservative the party could find, his election says a lot about conservative values and it's not good.

You got that right! Trump is calling for protectionism, taxes, and minimizing free trade. That is not a conservative idea, but an idea usually championed by liberals.

Trump himself used to be a democrat and a good share of his supporters are not the traditional conservative types, especially when they excuse his vulgar remarks. I'm glad there are a fair share of established republicans and social conservatives who aren't supporting him.

You got that right! Trump is calling for protectionism, taxes, and minimizing free trade. That is not a conservative idea, but an idea usually championed by liberals.

Trump himself used to be a democrat and a good share of his supporters are not the traditional conservative types, especially when they excuse his vulgar remarks. I'm glad there are a fair share of established republicans and social conservatives who aren't supporting him.
And if republicans in congress don't treat him right, he'll be a democrat again. The only chips he holds are supreme court nominations and you can bet he would use those to get what wants and he doesn't care what party he has to deal with. What I wonder is what does he really want. What he's been telling his supporters is mostly nonsense. Not being a politician or needing a job at end of his term, or needing any campaign contribution, he doesn't need any support from voters once elected. He's free to pursue any agenda he chooses and as he said, "being unpredictable is his greatest weapon."

Forum List

Back