If Trump wins? If Clinton wins?

Why would you vote for your candidate?

• I genuinely like Trump- he's dynamic, forceful, doesn't take any crap - he can be the change we need

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Trump's positions match mine far more closer than the other candidates.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I am voting for Trump because the possibility of Clinton as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I genuinely like Clinton - she's measured, thoughtful, has a good grasp of the issues we are facing

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Clinton's positions match mine far more closely than the other candidates

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I am voting for Clinton because the possibility of Trump as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I'm not voting.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because both candidates are too flawed to even consider supporting.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because neither major candidate's positions align with mine.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm voting for Hillary because she's far and away the more qualified candidate for the office. Unlike Trump, Hillary actually knows what's in the US Constitution, and that knowledge will giude her decisions. Trump thinks being elected POTUS makes him "boss of the USA," and will treat checks and balances like they don't apply to him.

I'm voting for Hillary because she knows partisan right wing nut jobs will be foaming at the mouth and examining everything she does, and will have a field day if she gives them a legitimate reason to override the will of the voters and kick her out of office. Just like Trump knows the these same hypocrits would give him a standing ovation and an airport named after him if he ate a fuckin puppy on live T.V.

And I'm voting for Hillary because the simple fact that she's still standing, right there in front of you after thirty years of despicable right wing bullshit, proves she's got more iron in her spine than Trump and everyone voting for him put together.

People keep saying qualifications but there are only a couple qualifications. Age and citizenship. How can that be changed when every faction has their own idea about qualifications. I myself don't think that being president is all that. It's a learning situation. Even obama's skated by for eight years and some think he's a good prez, others think he's a tyrant. I myself have grown from believing he's a pretty good guy to him being the enemy within that Cicero warned us about, but that's me, as well as a growing number of democrats. Some think I'm nuts for saying that. Maybe the first qualification on the list would be the president has to serve we the people, not the special interests. How to do that when most politicians have to beg for money from the special interests.
Was Trump serving the people by dodging the draft with 4 draft deferments? Was he serving the people when he dodged taxes for 10 years? Was he serving the people when he never found a single day to do any community service in his entire life? Was he serving the people when he avoided public service for 70 years? Was he serving the people when he refused to pay his contractors and hired illegal immigrants? Trump has served no one but himself throughout his life. Only a fool would believe after 70 years he's decided to enter a life public service.

Most of our politicians haven't done military service, so I'm not too bothered about it. For me, Trump's far from perfect, but the best of the two choices. His tax dodging was legal by the way. How many people have done community service? Where I live, community service is something miscreants do when ordered by the court. I see your "contractor and illegal immigrant hiring" and I show you "clinton cash". Too bad you have to revert to calling people fools who don't think the same as you.
I don't fault people for not volunteering to serve in the military, particular in a time of relative peace. However, to seek deferments time after time when your country is at war and then expect to lead the nation's armed forces claiming you know more than the generals is narcissistic to a point of insanity.

Community service is far more than court mandated service. Both my wife and I have volunteered for years at a food bank. My daughter volunteers in in two schools. This summer my two my grand kids worked for 3 days cleaning up a beach area.

For a man who devoted his whole life to serving no one but himself, not God, not Country, and not family the presidency is not for him because being president is all about service.

Forum List

Back