If Trump wins? If Clinton wins?

Why would you vote for your candidate?

• I genuinely like Trump- he's dynamic, forceful, doesn't take any crap - he can be the change we need

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Trump's positions match mine far more closer than the other candidates.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I am voting for Trump because the possibility of Clinton as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I genuinely like Clinton - she's measured, thoughtful, has a good grasp of the issues we are facing

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Clinton's positions match mine far more closely than the other candidates

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I am voting for Clinton because the possibility of Trump as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I'm not voting.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because both candidates are too flawed to even consider supporting.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because neither major candidate's positions align with mine.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The states control the elections is the point you are missing.

That won't change.

So lets just make the states equal, if they have 2 electoral votes each, the votes would be divided if no person got at least 52% of the vote, and for the same party if one got more than 52% of the vote. The electors would be BOUND to vote as directed. OR we could make national electors separate, and equal. Each US House of Reps district would vote, and the majority of each district would determine the vote of the elector, they would be bound to vote as directed by the voters. The state would then only have control of the STATE electors for their US senate, US house and internal state government representatives. At least the people of the states would not have their votes negated by state laws.
Or we could do something really weird like the person that get's the most votes wins.

I'm voting for Hillary because she's far and away the more qualified candidate for the office. Unlike Trump, Hillary actually knows what's in the US Constitution, and that knowledge will giude her decisions. Trump thinks being elected POTUS makes him "boss of the USA," and will treat checks and balances like they don't apply to him.

I'm voting for Hillary because she knows partisan right wing nut jobs will be foaming at the mouth and examining everything she does, and will have a field day if she gives them a legitimate reason to override the will of the voters and kick her out of office. Just like Trump knows the these same hypocrits would give him a standing ovation and an airport named after him if he ate a fuckin puppy on live T.V.

And I'm voting for Hillary because the simple fact that she's still standing, right there in front of you after thirty years of despicable right wing bullshit, proves she's got more iron in her spine than Trump and everyone voting for him put together.

Last edited:
I'm voting for Hillary because she's far and away the more qualified candidate for the office. Unlike Trump, Hillary actually knows what's in the US Constitution, and that knowledge will giude her decisions. Trump thinks being elected POTUS makes him "boss of the USA," and will treat checks and balances like they don't apply to him.

I'm voting for Hillary because she knows partisan right wing nut jobs will be foaming at the mouth and examining everything she does, and will have a field day if she gives them a legitimate reason to override the will of the voters and kick her out of office. Just like Trump knows the these same hypocrits would give him a standing ovation and an airport named after him if he ate a fuckin puppy on live T.V.

And I'm voting for Hillary because the simple fact that she's still standing, right there in front of you after thirty years of despicable right wing bullshit, proves she's got more iron in her spine than Trump and everyone voting for him put together.

People keep saying qualifications but there are only a couple qualifications. Age and citizenship. How can that be changed when every faction has their own idea about qualifications. I myself don't think that being president is all that. It's a learning situation. Even obama's skated by for eight years and some think he's a good prez, others think he's a tyrant. I myself have grown from believing he's a pretty good guy to him being the enemy within that Cicero warned us about, but that's me, as well as a growing number of democrats. Some think I'm nuts for saying that. Maybe the first qualification on the list would be the president has to serve we the people, not the special interests. How to do that when most politicians have to beg for money from the special interests.

The poll allows up to 3 responses. Virtual M&M's to anyone who can discuss this without accusations of shill, partisan hack, etc.

This is why I would vote for Clinton over Trump. Trump is a tremendously scary candidate - NOT because his positions, which are impossible to pin down and promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall) - but it's his inherent and deeply flawed character which I find incomprehensible in a POTUS.

If he wins...what happens? If Clinton wins...what happens? I honestly have never felt this worried about an election, about the bad choices we are faced with, about a potentially horrible future for our country. I've been through a lot of elections...I've swallowed very distasteful choices (8 years of Bush) but nothing like this EVER.

I have to ask, and it would be nice to get meaningful answers rather than idiotic memes, this of Trump voters?

Does any of this worry you? Any of his character flaws? Can you really excuse them away?

I GET that Clinton is deeply flawed...but is Trump really a better choice?

He is shallow, highly vindictive and thin skinned, unable to control his temper or stay on topic, his ignorance is fueled not by a lack of education but a lack of interest. His total lack of preparation for the debates is a worrisome indicator of his ability or willingness to prepare for the highest office in the country and the problems he would face as president. For all the complaints (many justified) about Clinton - she knows what she's doing and she certainly does her work beforehand to study the issues.

This editorial says it best:
Election prediction: Trump loses even if he wins

The best analogy I've heard for this election is that a terrible storm is bearing down upon us. You can either join in raising the alarms and aiding in getting the people to safety, or you can stand by and criticize the fine points of evacuation plans, cast doubt on the strength of the storm and disparage the reputations of the emergency managers.

Hillary Clinton is a crook. There is no one who doesn't know this. The email fiasco that embroils her, and as of now appears to have cost her the election, is due to the fact she is a crook. Her desire to thwart federal law and escape Freedom of Information Act requirement is the reason she set up the illegal server. All of the rest of the trouble she faces is a direct result of this decision to violate the law. But that is Hillary, she is a crook, she thinks like a crook and would never even consider conducting herself in an honest or honorable way.

Hillary exists to enrich and aggrandize Hillary. From her strategic marriage to Bill Clinton, a sexual predator, Hillary gained the access to extort the Arkansas elite, and extort them she did. Pay to play is the game that Hillary has played from day one. Even the White Water and Castle Grande frauds were based on pay to play. Initially threats of action against businesses by then AG Bill Clinton were used to extort "investments" into the worthless "development" projects run by HRC and the McDougals. After Bill became governor, the sale of favors replaced the earlier extortion. And the Clinton mob grew.

The Clinton Foundation became the clearing house for the mob activities. As SOS, access to the United States Government was sold via payments to the slush fund. The sale of American Uranium stockpiles to Vladimir Putin was done through massive bribes made to Hillary through the Clinton foundation. Iran and Saudi Arabia both bribed the Secretary of State for favors through this slush fund.

Hillary is a Mafia Don, she presides over a vast criminal enterprise. She is not qualified to be president and belongs in prison. Al Capone and John Gotti were legitimate businessmen in comparison to this crook.

If she wins the White House, there will be little change from Obama. Access to the government will still be conducted via bribes. Wall Street will continue to run the nation for their own benefit. Foreign policy will continue to be conducted based on bribes from foreign governments, which will continue the decline of the nation as a world leader.

Hillary will appoint SCOTUS justices who are radical left, of the Kagan persuasion, who will end the Bill of Rights should they gain a majority. Individual liberty will be a thing of the past, replaced by group privilege. Freedom of speech will continue to give way to "hate speech" laws that severely restrict what may be said about favored groups. Religious freedom will vanish as abortion mandates are pushed onto religious organizations and hospitals. Continued attacks on the press such as those by Obama against the AP for stories the administration objects to. Kagan has already vowed to reverse Heller and crush the 2nd Amendment, sparking a civil war. The continued use of illegal search and seizure against enemies of the state will expand under Hillary and the rogue court she appoints. The 5th Amendment will be crushed just as the 1st, 2nd, and 4th were.

The economy under Clinton will mirror Obama's economy. The top 1% will see gains and the middle class will continue to slide into poverty, as is the goal of the left. The march toward a two tiered society with a ruling elite and a vast underclass in abject poverty will continue, bringing the nation closer to the dream of feudalism that the left fights diligently to bring about.
Wow! Excellent post.

If Trump wins its possible that we get to stay a free country for a little longer. If Hillary wins we lose rights and liberties and become slaves to the government.

This is why the the whole power structure is against Trump. He won't perform tricks for special interests like hillary and most politicians have to. This is also why public funded elections only need to be put into place. Most politicians can't afford to be self funded like Trump is.

That's because he IS a special interest.

I agree with you there. He's certainly not perfect but clinton is the perfect bought and paid for special interests' dream. That's my opinion anyway. Besides that, wouldn't getting money out of politics and publicly financed elections be a nice goal?

Clinton is bought and paid for, but Trump is buying and paying for.

Don't see how that's any better....

I agree 100% on getting money out of elections :)

Big, big difference between Trump and clinton. Trump has bought and paid for his campaign. clinton has had to serve wall street and other big interests to get funding for her election, as well as donations to her foundation I would guess. Too much about her is questionable. She has given speeches to wall street at the tune of $5k to 7k a minute, and those speeches are not available to the public. This should make most thinking people sit up and ask why wall street would pay her so much, and why they won't make those speeches available. This kind of thing used to be called bribery.

If Trump wins its possible that we get to stay a free country for a little longer. If Hillary wins we lose rights and liberties and become slaves to the government.

This is why the the whole power structure is against Trump. He won't perform tricks for special interests like hillary and most politicians have to. This is also why public funded elections only need to be put into place. Most politicians can't afford to be self funded like Trump is.

That's because he IS a special interest.

I agree with you there. He's certainly not perfect but clinton is the perfect bought and paid for special interests' dream. That's my opinion anyway. Besides that, wouldn't getting money out of politics and publicly financed elections be a nice goal?

Clinton is bought and paid for, but Trump is buying and paying for.

Don't see how that's any better....

I agree 100% on getting money out of elections :)

Big, big difference between Trump and clinton. Trump has bought and paid for his campaign. clinton has had to serve wall street and other big interests to get funding for her election, as well as donations to her foundation I would guess. Too much about her is questionable. She has given speeches to wall street at the tune of $5k to 7k a minute, and those speeches are not available to the public. This should make most thinking people sit up and ask why wall street would pay her so much, and why they won't make those speeches available. This kind of thing used to be called bribery.

You mentioned "Thinking People". Those thinking people are already not voting for Hillary.

Anyone voting 3rd party in this election is a complete asshole.

Save your silly protest vote for another time, "heros."
Trump is like the Halloween prank of lighting a bag full of shit on someone's porch. Voting for Hillary to thwart Trump is like stomping on that flaming bag of shit to put the fire out. Having the flaming bag of shit on your porch is bad - your house could catch on fire. Stomping on the bag is also bad - you get shit all over yourself and the house. Voting 3rd party is like putting out the flaming bag of shit with a bucket of water.

People keep saying qualifications but there are only a couple qualifications. Age and citizenship. How can that be changed when every faction has their own idea about qualifications. I myself don't think that being president is all that. It's a learning situation. Even obama's skated by for eight years and some think he's a good prez, others think he's a tyrant. I myself have grown from believing he's a pretty good guy to him being the enemy within that Cicero warned us about, but that's me, as well as a growing number of democrats. Some think I'm nuts for saying that. Maybe the first qualification on the list would be the president has to serve we the people, not the special interests. How to do that when most politicians have to beg for money from the special interests.
Was Trump serving the people by dodging the draft with 4 draft deferments? Was he serving the people when he dodged taxes for 10 years? Was he serving the people when he never found a single day to do any community service in his entire life? Was he serving the people when he avoided public service for 70 years? Was he serving the people when he refused to pay his contractors and hired illegal immigrants? Trump has served no one but himself throughout his life. Only a fool would believe after 70 years he's decided to enter a life public service.

Trump had not said anything that impressed me. Every time Trump open his mouth wrong or lies......... it doesn't matter to his followers it's acceptable. Most of his policies from tariffs, trade, immigration, economic and foreign are flawed. We have *370* top well known economists blasting Trump economic policy. Think about that......... *370*. Then there are 75 former ambassadors and diplomats blasting Trump foreign policy. Do we need anything else to prove that this guy is unqualified? This is unbelievable.
Hillary is not perfect but I prefer someone with experience, stability, not to be bullied around and no training required. I'm sure she will do good for this country.
Trump displayed racism, fraud, no tax returns, inexperience, divisiveness, never ending lies, weak, ignorant, unqualified & unfit to be CIC. There is nothing there I can pick that he is the better choice. I suspect most of his followers are impressed with his charm and celebrity status. If you think prices of commodities and services are high right now. Think again. Trump is the wrong choice.

370 top economists publish scathing letter against 'dangerous, destructive' Trump

75 retired diplomats pen letter blasting Trump as 'unqualified'

Was Trump serving the people by dodging the draft with 4 draft deferments? Was he serving the people when he dodged taxes for 10 years? Was he serving the people when he never found a single day to do any community service in his entire life? Was he serving the people when he avoided public service for 70 years? Was he serving the people when he refused to pay his contractors and hired illegal immigrants? Trump has served no one but himself throughout his life. Only a fool would believe after 70 years he's decided to enter a life public service.

Most of our politicians haven't done military service, so I'm not too bothered about it. For me, Trump's far from perfect, but the best of the two choices. His tax dodging was legal by the way. How many people have done community service? Where I live, community service is something miscreants do when ordered by the court. I see your "contractor and illegal immigrant hiring" and I show you "clinton cash". Too bad you have to revert to calling people fools who don't think the same as you.

Trump is like the Halloween prank of lighting a bag full of shit on someone's porch. Voting for Hillary to thwart Trump is like stomping on that flaming bag of shit to put the fire out. Having the flaming bag of shit on your porch is bad - your house could catch on fire. Stomping on the bag is also bad - you get shit all over yourself and the house. Voting 3rd party is like putting out the flaming bag of shit with a bucket of water.

You may have your thrill voting third party at the moment, but you'll still be stuck with one of the two choices. I have an idea where you bet against the candidate you dislike the least. Win win. If your choice loses, you still won the money bet. No way you can lose!!

Same old lies and BS monoplanic lines of propaganda from the left as usual. It is okay if the clintons lie, murder, rape and extort. It is not okay if one of the Trump corporations General contractors does not pay one of their (the general contractors) subs. NO corporation deals directly with anything but GENERAL CONTRACTORS. it is not the place of a corporation to pay subcontractors hired by the general contractor. All your business statements about some person not being paid by Trump is pure uneducated bullshit. As for hiring illegals, Trump does not hire everyone that works on his projects either, So there you have the same BS in that line of monoplanic propaganda. I guess you have the deferments from the draft notices he got too, or is that just another cobbled up line of MONOPLANIC PROPAGANDA. Liberal clinton worshiping scum are lower than the dirt under a snail turd. HA>>>>

You may have your thrill voting third party at the moment, but you'll still be stuck with one of the two choices. I have an idea where you bet against the candidate you dislike the least. Win win. If your choice loses, you still won the money bet. No way you can lose!!
How about just voting in the best interests of the country? Why should I be forced to vote for a corrupt career politician or a clueless sociopath? I've been voting against what I have perceived as the greater evil every election cycle since the Ford administration. For once, I'd like to vote FOR someone and it definitely isn't Trump or Clinton.

As much as I want Trump, I'm actually for third party votes. If they can get a third party enough traction then we might actually get out of this bi-polar mess the US is in. The two party system is failing, horrendously.

promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall)

Mehico will pay for the wall a hundred times over when Trump rewrites or voids NAFTA. I'd think anybody who's been listening to what's going on would know that. :rolleyes-41:
That and they will have to take over the medical for the illegals that get tossed back over while at the same time losing the billions of dollars that are sent back to their families in south America

Forum List

Back