If Trump wins? If Clinton wins?

Why would you vote for your candidate?

• I genuinely like Trump- he's dynamic, forceful, doesn't take any crap - he can be the change we need

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Trump's positions match mine far more closer than the other candidates.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I am voting for Trump because the possibility of Clinton as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I genuinely like Clinton - she's measured, thoughtful, has a good grasp of the issues we are facing

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Clinton's positions match mine far more closely than the other candidates

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I am voting for Clinton because the possibility of Trump as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I'm not voting.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because both candidates are too flawed to even consider supporting.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because neither major candidate's positions align with mine.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Trump wins the Senate Democrats power of filibuster will be THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!
If McConnell has a majority he will end cloture for the term for SCOTUS.

Dems will do the same thing if the win the Senate and Hil is president.

The poll allows up to 3 responses. Virtual M&M's to anyone who can discuss this without accusations of shill, partisan hack, etc.

This is why I would vote for Clinton over Trump. Trump is a tremendously scary candidate - NOT because his positions, which are impossible to pin down and promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall) - but it's his inherent and deeply flawed character which I find incomprehensible in a POTUS.

If he wins...what happens? If Clinton wins...what happens? I honestly have never felt this worried about an election, about the bad choices we are faced with, about a potentially horrible future for our country. I've been through a lot of elections...I've swallowed very distasteful choices (8 years of Bush) but nothing like this EVER.

I have to ask, and it would be nice to get meaningful answers rather than idiotic memes, this of Trump voters?

Does any of this worry you? Any of his character flaws? Can you really excuse them away?

I GET that Clinton is deeply flawed...but is Trump really a better choice?

He is shallow, highly vindictive and thin skinned, unable to control his temper or stay on topic, his ignorance is fueled not by a lack of education but a lack of interest. His total lack of preparation for the debates is a worrisome indicator of his ability or willingness to prepare for the highest office in the country and the problems he would face as president. For all the complaints (many justified) about Clinton - she knows what she's doing and she certainly does her work beforehand to study the issues.

This editorial says it best:
Election prediction: Trump loses even if he wins

The best analogy I've heard for this election is that a terrible storm is bearing down upon us. You can either join in raising the alarms and aiding in getting the people to safety, or you can stand by and criticize the fine points of evacuation plans, cast doubt on the strength of the storm and disparage the reputations of the emergency managers.
I already voted early.

I went with McMullin the CIA guy for POTUS. Maybe he can shake things up in DC ?!

I went with the GOP for the Senate and with the DEM's for the House Of Reps.

A GOP Senate can control Hillary or Donald.

A DEM House is then needed to control the GOP in the Senate.

If Trump wins the Senate Democrats power of filibuster will be THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!

If McConnell is smart and he has control then he will let the SCOTUS trickle down to 7 and NOT allow any more appointments to the high court at all.

With 7 the SCOTUS can function Constitutionally. Kennedy and Roberts are both swing voters. The other 6 are partisan with 2 being strict constructionist and 4 being communist.

I already voted early.

I went with McMullin the CIA guy for POTUS. Maybe he can shake things up in DC ?!

I went with the GOP for the Senate and with the DEM's for the House Of Reps.

A GOP Senate can control Hillary or Donald.

A DEM House is then needed to control the GOP in the Senate.

Well thought-out...WRONG, but well-thought out. :lol:

I voted third party...

Why?

1. Hillary Clinton will be embroiled in investigations for the four years she will be in office. The House will retain it GOP majority and 2018 Mid-Term elections will not change that either.

If the Senate stays red then Hillary Clinton will be limited and will not be able to get anything done with the Senate and House being Hostile.

So her USSC picks will not happen.

Then add in the fact that scandal follow her everywhere she goes, and it is tiring and America should not have to endure four years of this.

Also Hillary Clinton will have to deal with the growing threat of China, Russia, Iran and North Korea and from what I have seen she will be in over her head when dealing with those nations on the World Stage.

Then dealing with Mexico, Cuba, Central America and South America will be something the new President will also have to deal with...

With the possible new relationship with Cuba but still dealing with the Castro regime to the Cartels in Mexico and Central American that have ruined many lives while murdering the local citizens to South America with failing governments like in Venezuela...

Then domestic issues that will arise through the USSC and possible unrest of her being elected made it clear to me there is no way I could ever vote for Hillary Clint if the choice was her or a bullet to the head...

2. As for Donald John Trump this is a lot easier and the reason why I will never vote for him is simple and I do not want some used car salesman as President.

Look over Donald Trump business past and notice many failures and him breaking his deals in the past that benefit him and him only.

Donald Trump run on his name only and his past is riddle with failure from marriages to business dealings. Also the man is sued daily from the bogus rape case of some 13 year old kid to Trump University and most times he settles.

As I have written his plan for the wall is great and wonderful if it would stop the cartels but it will not. Portions of the wall that is already built has massive tunneling systems dug by the cartel to move drugs, weapons, illegals and sex slaves under nose of our Border Patrol.

Sensors and landmines are some suggestions but I highly doubt the landmines idea would be consider...

Then factor in the fact Donald Trump is hated by his own political party ( sure they will vote for him because of Pence ) and then realize Donald Trump would be one scandal from being impeached by his own political party which would mean Pence limit time as President would lead to some Democrat winning in 2020.

So it is easy for me to say no to Donald Trump...

So it was easy for me to vote for Johnson and let be honest Trump will win Texas so my Johnson vote is like voting for Clinton and some will write wasted but it was my option that I believe was better than Clinton or Trump...

Trump....I was a Rubio supporter and took plenty of abuse from it but held my ground until the Donald whipped Rubio's tailend in Florida. Then I knew Trump was inevitable, both as the nominee and the presidency. Trump will win the WH.

The poll allows up to 3 responses. Virtual M&M's to anyone who can discuss this without accusations of shill, partisan hack, etc.

This is why I would vote for Clinton over Trump. Trump is a tremendously scary candidate - NOT because his positions, which are impossible to pin down and promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall) - but it's his inherent and deeply flawed character which I find incomprehensible in a POTUS.

If he wins...what happens? If Clinton wins...what happens? I honestly have never felt this worried about an election, about the bad choices we are faced with, about a potentially horrible future for our country. I've been through a lot of elections...I've swallowed very distasteful choices (8 years of Bush) but nothing like this EVER.

I have to ask, and it would be nice to get meaningful answers rather than idiotic memes, this of Trump voters?

Does any of this worry you? Any of his character flaws? Can you really excuse them away?

I GET that Clinton is deeply flawed...but is Trump really a better choice?

He is shallow, highly vindictive and thin skinned, unable to control his temper or stay on topic, his ignorance is fueled not by a lack of education but a lack of interest. His total lack of preparation for the debates is a worrisome indicator of his ability or willingness to prepare for the highest office in the country and the problems he would face as president. For all the complaints (many justified) about Clinton - she knows what she's doing and she certainly does her work beforehand to study the issues.

This editorial says it best:
Election prediction: Trump loses even if he wins

The best analogy I've heard for this election is that a terrible storm is bearing down upon us. You can either join in raising the alarms and aiding in getting the people to safety, or you can stand by and criticize the fine points of evacuation plans, cast doubt on the strength of the storm and disparage the reputations of the emergency managers.

Yes, Trump is much better than Clinton. He's no criminal...

He did well in the debates, too, even considering that Hillary cheated...

go TRUMP as a last chance . Trump is better than Hilary on issues that matter to me and that is all it is . Hilary will mess with gun owners , allow more muslim refugee invaders as well as invaders from south of the border , won't build a wall , will stack the courts with libs , won't rebuild the USA military and she will expand obamacare among other actions . ------------ Trump is the only responsible choice !!

Does the GOP need to overcome a filibuster to repeal so-called Obamacare?

You've ranted against filibusters for 8 years.

Hypocrite much, Comrade?

Does the GOP need to overcome a filibuster to repeal so-called Obamacare?

You've ranted against filibusters for 8 years.

Hypocrite much, Comrade?

You've ranted for them. Fuck you.

I expect the TRUMP to do whatever he needs to do to get rid of Obamacare and same goes for whatever he needs to do to push forth MY and His agenda Carbineer !!

like I said , I expect him to go as far as possible to wreck mrobamas legacy in every way that he can if the TRUMP is elected Jake !!

Trump is a decent guy who has history of stepping up to help strangers. I believe he has a genuine concern for this country and wants to help.
I like his ideas, and the changes he's wanting to make.

I don't think I've ever despised any politician more than I do Hillary. She's a vile woman who I absolutely can't stand.

Forum List

Back