If Trump were innocent , he would be an open book for Mueller

He has done nothing but try to derail the investigation from the beginning.. You have to be stupid not to see that he is trying anyway he can to trip up Mueller and the investigation. Now Trump has his loyal rats in congress trying to discredit the investigation..

Red Flag Folks..

WASHINGTON — Most Americans ( except for some dummies on the USMB Forum ;) ) think Donald Trump did something illegal or at least unethical regarding ties between his presidential campaign and Russia — and they think he’s trying to obstruct the investigation looking into those possible connections.

Most Americans believe Trump trying to obstruct Russia probe, poll finds
and what would you then call things like 6 months of fbi text messages showing said russian story was a plot to take out trump?
what would you call the messages we do have showing a "secret society" of FBI people working to take down a duly elected president?

you can't discredit an investigation that is bullshit to begin with. we're seeing more and more of that daily. also, when all this started trump said go ahead, investigate. what has he actively done to try and derail a thing?

you're bias is showing quite hard.

And your bias concerns me.. Don't you want to know if there is a problem? It has been like pulling teeth to get the truth of the Russian hack bots.. people closest to Trump are going down for money laundering . Don't you want to know if our president was involved?

If not why?

how am i biased when i say if trump committed a crime and it's proven - lock him up in an unrestored alcatraz? how am i biased when i see txt messages from our FBI saying they will work AGAINST a sitting president?

the entire RUSSIA is a cover to attack trump and you've soaked it right up.

Folks....let's always keep in mind the Leftists prize here.......in reality, it is NOT about Trump

Through it all, what the Left insists on is that.....

1). No True Rightwing President who is against their agenda can ever stand (Do not believe that Trump is unique)
2). There can never be corruption on the Left since it's virtue is that it's anti-Right, thereby "justifying" any wrong by the Left

This is the mentality we're dealing with.
I'm not sure most Americans have grasped the severity of the problem
I'm not sure most Americans have grasped the severity of the problem
They sure did. Otherwise Hitlery would be president and 4 more years to fundamentally transform America into a shithole would of finished.

Than let's move on and have Trump questioned and bust his surrounding mob who have plead quilty , if he is innocent well good for you. Don't you want to know if there is any truth to it?
Or do you just want to put your head in the sand and have a tea party?

He has done nothing but try to derail the investigation from the beginning.. You have to be stupid not to see that he is trying anyway he can to trip up Mueller and the investigation. Now Trump has his loyal rats in congress trying to discredit the investigation..

Red Flag Folks..

WASHINGTON — Most Americans ( except for some dummies on the USMB Forum ;) ) think Donald Trump did something illegal or at least unethical regarding ties between his presidential campaign and Russia — and they think he’s trying to obstruct the investigation looking into those possible connections.

and what would you then call things like 6 months of fbi text messages showing said russian story was a plot to take out trump?
what would you call the messages we do have showing a "secret society" of FBI people working to take down a duly elected president?

you can't discredit an investigation that is bullshit to begin with. we're seeing more and more of that daily. also, when all this started trump said go ahead, investigate. what has he actively done to try and derail a thing?

And your bias concerns me.. Don't you want to know if there is a problem? It has been like pulling teeth to get the truth of the Russian hack bots.. people closest to Trump are going down for money laundering . Don't you want to know if our president was involved?

If not why?

how am i biased when i say if trump committed a crime and it's proven - lock him up in an unrestored alcatraz? how am i biased when i see txt messages from our FBI saying they will work AGAINST a sitting president?

I want to get to the bottom of this.. we already know that Trump Jr. and Kushner lied.. Why?

100% correct. Seeing that all the investigation so far has uncovered is procedural crimes, its all about getting someone to say something wrong under Oath, and who cares about the actual original reason for the investigation.

It is straight out of the the Ken Starr playbook for special investigations.
Then this guy says he isn't liberal. Did Ken Starr and his investigation of sexual misconduct of the Rapist in Chief, piss you off? Harvey Weinstein anyone?

Why yes it did. I am pissed off that we waited 7 years and 80 million dollars so we could find out the seuxal habits of the president. I am pissed that we wasted 7 years and 80 million dollars so we could slap Clinton on the wrist for lying about getting a blow job.

I am also pissed that we are wasting money on Mueller and his band of merry men, because in the end the results will be about the same.

If you weren't such a fucking partisan zealot you would be pissed too. But as is your MO, you put party before country.

We already went through the firing Mueller... Trump has looked into it, but knows it would do him in..
BS.

Aside from the Constitutional authority the President has to fire the FBI Director at any time, Comey - and evidence - has proven there were / are more than enough reasons to have fired Comey.

He admitted Hillary broke numerous laws yet he incorrectly stated the reason he was not going to recommend indictment was because Hillary was 'too stupid' to know she was breaking the Law. A 1st year Law student knows 'ignorance of the law' is not a legal defense for breaking the law. Besides, Hillary's signature is all over govt documents acknowledging training and her stating she was fully educated on and aware of the laws pertaining to the handling of classified. It has already been proven as well Comey and Lynch coordinated on the exoneration of Hillary before the investigation was over...and he and McCabe's wives took money from the Clintons. This alone should have excused him and McCabe from having any part in the Hillary investigation.
COMEY OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE. The Director of the FBI can not be allowed to break laws or demonstrate extreme bias.

He leaked classified information.

He was involved in acquiring the Russian-propaganda-filled unsubstantiated dossier that was illegally used in a US election, which was used illegally to acquire warrants to tap Trump and his associates.

He has been identified as a member of this 'Secret Society'...

Mueller and Comey are buddies, mentor-and-mentored'...THAT alone should force Mueller to step away from this part of the investigation....but he won't.

Trying to get Trump on Obstruction charges for firing Comey when the man needed to be fired and Trump had full authority to do so is Mueller grasping at more straws.

Red Flag Folks..

The text messages show nothing of the sort.

What has he done?

On January 4, the New York Times’s Michael Schmidt reported that Trump ordered the White House counsel, Don McGahn, to convince Attorney General Jeff Sessions not to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. When McGahn failed, “the president erupted in anger in front of numerous White House officials, saying he needed his attorney general to protect him,” Schmidt writes. “Mr. Trump said he had expectedn his top law enforcement official to safeguard him.”[...]

Technically, the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president and can be fired at any time and for any reason. However, the general belief among experts is that it’s not legal for the president to use this power in an attempt to shield himself or his family members from criminal investigation. Crucially, it does not matter whether Trump successfully shielded himself from scrutiny — all that matters is that he tried to.

“The obstruction statutes are very broad,” Griffin explains. “It matters whether Trump ‘endeavors’ to impede the DOJ and congressional investigations at any turn.”

This all hinges on what was in the president’s mind when he fired Comey. If Trump did it because he thought Comey was doing a poor job supervising the Russia investigation, that’s perfectly legal. If he did it because he was worried that Comey’s investigation might end up uncovering some kind of misdeeds by the Trump family — whether Russia-related, financial, or otherwise — then that’s obstruction.

Typically, proving intent is difficult for prosecutors, because establishing what a person was thinking at a particular moment is inherently challenging. But Trump has made things easier for Mueller — by repeatedly, even publicly, admitting that he fired Comey out of hostility to the Russia investigation.

Mueller’s obstruction of justice case against Trump looks damning
bullshit.

have a nice day.

Red Flag Folks..

Why do you need a lawyer if you're not guilty?

Plus so far all we have seen from Mueller is procedural prosecutions. Why be an open book when a mis-statement can get you prosecuted?
/-----/ "Why do you need a lawyer if you're not guilty?" Because there are too many ways the opposition can trip you up if they are out to get you.

100% correct. Seeing that all the investigation so far has uncovered is procedural crimes, its all about getting someone to say something wrong under Oath, and who cares about the actual original reason for the investigation.

So Sessions originally said " I did not have any contact with the Russian's

In June he was busted having contact with the Russian's ( " but I didn't talk about the campaign" )

OHHHH Marty..They are the ones lying, not Mueller tripping them up..

National Security
Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show
Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show

How about you quote the relevant points, since you linked to a site behind a paywall....

No, that’s what you want to believe.

Red Flag Folks..

Plus so far all we have seen from Mueller is procedural prosecutions. Why be an open book when a mis-statement can get you prosecuted?

I understand needing a lawyer to explain your rights ect. Marty... but a person's actions can show you the truth no matter what they say..
His actions alone show me he is covering for something.

We all know that Trump fired Comey to try and make the Russian investigation go away , he has used his power to try and stop Mueller ...
Why would his lawyers made Bannon sign a hush paper, why?
They have tried to distance themselves from anyone let go who did lie about their Russian connections.. past or present..

So you are saying that Trump did not distance himself.. He is notorious for tweeting out, Trump is doing it to himself.

Red Flag Folks..

If not why?

I want to get to the bottom of this.. we already know that Trump Jr. and Kushner lied.. Why?

ah hell - and we know the FBI lied all over the place. we know obama lied, hillary lied and every politician who has ever held office likely.

but since you don't like trump, it becomes YUGE cause - TRUMP!

and that is just bullshit. we all hold to the same standards or we divide up and fall.

we've been falling for awhile now.

If I were Trump there is no way in hell I am talking to Mueller irregardless of innocent of guilt. It is far too easy to make a slip of the tongue and be guilty of perjury.
at this point it would be what mueller is doing in a hail mary attempt. they know the txt are there and shit is about to bust loose so it's full court press to trump and the cons.

in turn, they are gunning hard and heavy for the txt's and FBI now.

the race is on.

Sorry, but I am still not buying that anything is going to break loose, I have heard it since the days of Reagan and Ollie North and his shredder.

I will believe it when I see it. Right now it is all just a big old nothing burger.
after having "the football" taken away so many times in the past, i can't say i disagree. but *if* these txt are real and our FBI worked for the favor of one over the other - then how will you feel? do you not believe what you're read so far or are you giving one side a LOT more leeway than you are the other in the absence of real proof either way?

I think both sides are equally corrupt. Even these text messages are being spun in all sorts of directions based upon which party one is loyal to.

So again, wake me when someone actually goes to jail or something actually changes. So far we are right where we were under Reagan, lots of corruption and nothing being done about it.

Red Flag Folks..

/-----/ "Why do you need a lawyer if you're not guilty?" Because there are too many ways the opposition can trip you up if they are out to get you.

In June he was busted having contact with the Russian's ( " but I didn't talk about the campaign" )

National Security

How about you quote the relevant points, since you linked to a site behind a paywall....

I showed you a link to the intelligence busting Sessions as the Ambassador called Russia and told them.. They have it on tape.

If I were Trump there is no way in hell I am talking to Mueller irregardless of innocent of guilt. It is far too easy to make a slip of the tongue and be guilty of perjury.
at this point it would be what mueller is doing in a hail mary attempt. they know the txt are there and shit is about to bust loose so it's full court press to trump and the cons.

in turn, they are gunning hard and heavy for the txt's and FBI now.

the race is on.

Sorry, but I am still not buying that anything is going to break loose, I have heard it since the days of Reagan and Ollie North and his shredder.

I will believe it when I see it. Right now it is all just a big old nothing burger.
after having "the football" taken away so many times in the past, i can't say i disagree. but *if* these txt are real and our FBI worked for the favor of one over the other - then how will you feel? do you not believe what you're read so far or are you giving one side a LOT more leeway than you are the other in the absence of real proof either way?

I think both sides are equally corrupt. Even these text messages are being spun in all sorts of directions based upon which party one is loyal to.

So again, wake me when someone actually goes to jail or something actually changes. So far we are right where we were under Reagan, lots of corruption and nothing being done about it.

I think that we are going to have a modern Deep Throat... Too many people know the details.

National Security

I showed you a link to the intelligence busting Sessions as the Ambassador called Russia and told them.. They have it on tape.

we have text messages of massive spying abuse and threats to our elected president.

why does one mean more to you than the other, if we're just looking at evidence and not sides/people?

If you really want to know his history, this is a good article with his past successes and failures.

As he investigates Trump's aides, Robert Mueller's record shows surprising flaws
'If Trump were innocent , he would be an open book for Mueller'

So the new snowflake argument is that if Trump (or anyone else) is truly innocent he would willingly subject himself to questioning by a man known for prosecutorial mis-conduct, a man who has withheld evidence in the past that could have prevented innocent people from going to jail, a man who has invented crimes to send innocent people to jail, a man who formed the Ultimate partisan 'Get Trump' / Anti-Trump Pro-Hillary team from which 2 extremists have already been booted off his team after being exposed as anti-Trump Pro-Hillary criminals.

BWUHAHAHAHA......

You might as well say if you are truly not afraid of dying, you should let me strap you into this electric chair and flip the switch so you can prove it.

Ahhh, Easy .. Please show me a link of Mueller being known for prosecutorial misconduct ? Sending innocent people to jail..

National Security

Again, behind a paywall.

Red Flag Folks..

the lying trump would be a fool to put his hand on a bible
If there really is a valid christian religion, it would go up in flames.

Ahhh, Easy .. Please show me a link of Mueller being known for prosecutorial misconduct ?

Ask and ye shall receive....

Mueller team criticized by fellow attorneys for history of questionable tactics

Conservative group Freedom Watch is suing to have Mueller removed as special counsel

Mueller's hiring of Andrew Weisman, who has an even worse record of prosecutorial misconduct, proves this is a witch hunt, destroying all credibility:

Lawyer Sidney Powell: Prosecutor's Record Destroys Credibility of Mueller Probe

Consider that his team consists of / consisted of Anti-Trump Pro-Hillary Lawyers, Donors, a criminal extremist Anti-Trump Pro-Hillary FBI agent (Mueller was forced to boot from his staff by the IG), and Weisman - a prosecutor known for his misconduct, and it is obvious Mueller has assembled a team tht does not give a damn about 'Justice' or the 'Truth'.

Red Flag Folks..

If not why?

ah hell - and we know the FBI lied all over the place. we know obama lied, hillary lied and every politician who has ever held office likely.

but since you don't like trump, it becomes YUGE cause - TRUMP!

and that is just bullshit. we all hold to the same standards or we divide up and fall.

we've been falling for awhile now.

I hate liars period Iceberg and yes it seems that all politicians lie.. let's not go there. I am not up to the well Hillary did it , today. Let's stick to getting to the bottom of this investigation..

I think Mueller is wrapping it up, I hope anyway..

He did not fire Comey to stop the investigation. He knew it would continue. Comey was a screwup and you Dems admitted it-
Before Trump fired Comey, these Democrats wanted him out
Democrats cry foul over Comey firing after previously calling for him to resign
Dems Condemning Comey's Firing Called for Him to Be Investigated and Resign
Five Times Democrats Said They WANTED Comey Gone
!!!LIST OF CLIPS OF DEMOCRATS SAYING COMEY SHOULD RESIGN!!! - They are downvoting this like crazy! • r/The_Donald

No, that’s what you want to believe.

Red Flag Folks..

I understand needing a lawyer to explain your rights ect. Marty... but a person's actions can show you the truth no matter what they say..
His actions alone show me he is covering for something.

We all know that Trump fired Comey to try and make the Russian investigation go away , he has used his power to try and stop Mueller ...
Why would his lawyers made Bannon sign a hush paper, why?
They have tried to distance themselves from anyone let go who did lie about their Russian connections.. past or present..

So you are saying that Trump did not distance himself.. He is notorious for tweeting out, Trump is doing it to himself.

Red Flag Folks..

The text messages show nothing of the sort.

What has he done?

On January 4, the New York Times’s Michael Schmidt reported that Trump ordered the White House counsel, Don McGahn, to convince Attorney General Jeff Sessions not to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. When McGahn failed, “the president erupted in anger in front of numerous White House officials, saying he needed his attorney general to protect him,” Schmidt writes. “Mr. Trump said he had expectedn his top law enforcement official to safeguard him.”[...]

Technically, the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president and can be fired at any time and for any reason. However, the general belief among experts is that it’s not legal for the president to use this power in an attempt to shield himself or his family members from criminal investigation. Crucially, it does not matter whether Trump successfully shielded himself from scrutiny — all that matters is that he tried to.

“The obstruction statutes are very broad,” Griffin explains. “It matters whether Trump ‘endeavors’ to impede the DOJ and congressional investigations at any turn.”

This all hinges on what was in the president’s mind when he fired Comey. If Trump did it because he thought Comey was doing a poor job supervising the Russia investigation, that’s perfectly legal. If he did it because he was worried that Comey’s investigation might end up uncovering some kind of misdeeds by the Trump family — whether Russia-related, financial, or otherwise — then that’s obstruction.

Typically, proving intent is difficult for prosecutors, because establishing what a person was thinking at a particular moment is inherently challenging. But Trump has made things easier for Mueller — by repeatedly, even publicly, admitting that he fired Comey out of hostility to the Russia investigation.

Mueller’s obstruction of justice case against Trump looks damning
bullshit.

have a nice day.

Wow, that's such a compelling argument. Mueller should just stop now.

Forum List

Back