If Trump dies, who is the Republican nominee for President?

If Trump dies, Pence is President and up for election on November 3rd. Simple.

How would that theoretically change the "Never Trump" faction's choice? They are supposed to be Republicans who don't like Trump- but presumably like regular Republicans like VP Pence.

The RNC's establishment hates Christians as much as Democrats do. Don't count on them to do the right thing.

Pence would be President, but I think the Republicans would have to hold another convention to nominate him for the election in November.

We have never in our history have a Presidential candidate die, so this is unknown territory.
Me. It would be me. I’d be the new nominee.

His brother didn't.

You are quite despicable to insinuate that.

The same people that started using the new code word 'empathy'.

The New York Times quoted a family friend as saying that Trump had recently started experiencing intracerebral hemorrhaging after a fall.

A piece of paper you cant afford ain't health coverage

Kind of exactly my point. Every other advanced country has universal health care as a public service.

We are the ones who insist to make people pay or work for health coverage, and a lot of people can't get it. Trump has spent the last four years stripping people of health coverage.

So while an American is sitting at home worried if his Covid symptoms are serious enough to rack up thousands of dollars in deductibles to show up in an Emergency Room, the Fat Orange Blob got flown in a Helicopter to a state of the Art Hospital because he had the sniffles.

I believe there has been a President who's died from illness while in office. But if Trump can beat Covid, then WE can beat Covid. This can unite the country reelecting Trump four more years if he's able to pull through this.
This isn't normal covid spreading--8 Trump people (including the unnamed journalist) to come down all at the exact same time with the virus isn't how the virus typically spreads....

Why hasn't the media released the name of the journalist btw........

Kind of exactly my point. Every other advanced country has universal health care as a public service

Then move to one of these other wonderful advanced countries. Just don’t try to come back here when you need life saving specialized care.

Pence would be President, but I think the Republicans would have to hold another convention to nominate him for the election in November.

We have never in our history have a Presidential candidate die, so this is unknown territory.

Wrong. They don't need another convention. In fact, the regular convention is but a formality.

Why don't you want Pence to be the nominee?

Wrong. They don't need another convention. In fact, the regular convention is but a formality.

Pence is SWAMPY

This said---with just a month to go till the election-----changing everything over to Pence being the nominee isn't fisable---------the dems would fight it in court preventing the election from being ruled on making Pelosi the Queen B.

Nothing in this thread really matters because it is very unlikely that Trump dies from this. He never downplayed the fact that it can spread, but he has asked us not to freak out over it because the mortality rate is not worth freaking out about. Lefties have watched Outbreak one too many times and the MSM has perpetuated that myth.

Pence is SWAMPY

This said---with just a month to go till the election-----changing everything over to Pence being the nominee isn't fisable---------the dems would fight it in court preventing the election from being ruled on making Pelosi the Queen B.

Wrong. Pence would be the nominee.

Pence is SWAMPY

Pence doesn't become the automatic nominee--------the republicans have to hold another convention making him the official nominee. There will be no time to change the official ballots.........and I guarantee that the dems would fight everything in court dragging this out so they could claim that Pence couldn't be declared the victor even he clearly was---------with this tied up in court, no official president, making Pelosi (or whoever wins the most seats in the house) the queen b.

I believe there has been a President who's died from illness while in office. But if Trump can beat Covid, then WE can beat Covid. This can unite the country reelecting Trump four more years if he's able to pull through this.

If he lives then biden will be vulnerable to the virus while Trump won't be.....
And watch them scream if anyone says ANYTHING negative about the Vegetable. They would DEMAND you vote for him out of pitty

If he lives then biden will be vulnerable to the virus while Trump won't be.....

Actually, if he lives, we should questions his fitness to serve. Not only because he couldn't protect himself, but much less the country, but because many Covid Survivors suffer long-term health effects.
The Brit tRump clone pulled through,no problem.
borisjohnson960.jpg

Kind of exactly my point. Every other advanced country has universal health care as a public service.

We are the ones who insist to make people pay or work for health coverage, and a lot of people can't get it. Trump has spent the last four years stripping people of health coverage.

So while an American is sitting at home worried if his Covid symptoms are serious enough to rack up thousands of dollars in deductibles to show up in an Emergency Room, the Fat Orange Blob got flown in a Helicopter to a state of the Art Hospital because he had the sniffles.
Point missed.

OBAMACARE is the piece of paper nobody can afford.

Trumo saved thousands of lives by bringing down drug prices. He did health care the right way and you guys fight him to enrich bug corporations

Point missed.

OBAMACARE is the piece of paper nobody can afford.

Trumo saved thousands of lives by bringing down drug prices. He did health care the right way and you guys fight him to enrich bug corporations

You are wasting your time. They don’t understand any plan that doesn’t include the word “free”. It is in their DNA.

Pence is SWAMPY

Pence doesn't become the automatic nominee--------the republicans have to hold another convention making him the official nominee. There will be no time to change the official ballots.........and I guarantee that the dems would fight everything in court dragging this out so they could claim that Pence couldn't be declared the victor even he clearly was---------with this tied up in court, no official president, making Pelosi (or whoever wins the most seats in the house) the queen b.

You might want to seek the input of someone who knows what they are talking about. A convention is not required.

Forum List

Back