If Trump dies, who is the Republican nominee for President?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Pence would be President, but I think the Republicans would have to hold another convention to nominate him for the election in November.

We have never in our history have a Presidential candidate die, so this is unknown territory.

The RNC can replace a candidate, just like the DNC did with Thomas Eagleton in 1972. That being said, I think Mike Pence would be elevated to the top spot and a new person nominated for VP.

I believe there has been a President who's died from illness while in office. But if Trump can beat Covid, then WE can beat Covid. This can unite the country reelecting Trump four more years if he's able to pull through this.
Do we even know if he's sick?

A shit ton of people get it, and then nothing happens to them. And frankly Trump has access to drugs that nobody else will prescribe. Now if those side effects kill him, as it's been stated by... Some... There you go. If he doesn't even look or sound sick the whole time, you'll know who the fuck'n idiots are if you have half a brain and are actually honest with yourself. The latter being them most important here.

Edit: Side note: I'll vote third party before I vote for Pence. For the life of me I never could figure out why they would want to impeach Trump.

Pence would be President, but I think the Republicans would have to hold another convention to nominate him for the election in November.

We have never in our history have a Presidential candidate die, so this is unknown territory.
The Party will decide primarily. It depends on State laws to some extent.

I believe there has been a President who's died from illness while in office. But if Trump can beat Covid, then WE can beat Covid. This can unite the country reelecting Trump four more years if he's able to pull through this.
His brother didn't.

You Fake News bots thought wrong cause he didn't die from the Chinese Virus.
How do yous know?

Ask yourself that.

Wash your mouth out with soap!!!!

The president will have the best care, and is not going to die!!!!

=========

But IF....

The Trump Pence ticket is too late to change....lots of people have voted....since it is a 2 person, locked ticket.....I believe Pence would be President in Trump' s place, if the ticket won most votes?

The RNC would then select the President, which will likely be Pence. All the votes for the Republicans will go to the Republican ticket, according to that famous Constitutional Law scholar what's-his-name at UC Berkeley. It won't be the end of the world, just more of our usual Democratic Party tantrums over their failing insurrection and treason.

"......if Trump can beat...." Then he is the intelligent choice. He will have the antibodies in his system and will be immune. No need to worry about future uncertainty.

Pence would be the one on the ticket, should Trump expire before the actual election date. He would need to quickly select a running mate, preferably a woman minority. Any female candidate should be chosen from a list of conservative minority women that are running for congress, but are no yet holding a seat, as that would take from the seats already held by conservatives in congress. Perhaps the new and popular Baltimore candidate, Kim Klacik, or the ever popular Candace Owens. Both are want to change the black communities for the better as well are very pro-Constitution.

Forum List

Back