If this is progress...

which part of the "shoe" above doesn't fit you?

(besides the obvious 60% reference) ;)

I've always both written on topics and have posted articles I think might either be of interest to some posters. I've also posted things just to get some discussion going, whether I agree with the pov or not.

But obviously, if you feel that way, tis best to throw me on ignore.

I've always both written on topics and have posted articles I think might either be of interest to some posters. I've also posted things just to get some discussion going, whether I agree with the pov or not.

But obviously, if you feel that way, tis best to throw me on ignore.

I would never ignore you, you are one of my very favorite people here!

.... I only point out that you are one of the biggest contributors of GOOD NEWS stories... yet you never seem to post any bad news stories. why is that?

.... I only point out that you are one of the biggest contributors of GOOD NEWS stories... yet you never seem to post any bad news stories. why is that?

Perhaps because she is not a liberal

Perhaps to provide some balance to the not so good. On the other hand, you can find plenty of my posts that criticise the administration and point out the suffering of so few in this country; those paying the price of the war, personally.

I would suggest that for those that take the time to read them, RSR's incessant cut and paste spamming provides all the "balance" this site needs.

I would suggest that for those that take the time to read them, RSR's incessant cut and paste spamming provides all the "balance" this site needs.

But they often don't have enough 'context' to make it worthwhile to read through. Sorry RSR, just my pov.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled topic: Progress or not, pays your money and takes your choices.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled topic: Progress or not, pays your money and takes your choices.

we are paying an enormous price in blood and treasure...

I, for one, hope that, if this war continues to slip into carnage and chaos, Team Bush is somehow sometime somewhere brought up on charges of war crimes. This war, the deception used to create support for it, the inept prosecution of it, the unwillingness of this administration to examine the possibliity of their own failure shows me an arrogance that is so profound and so mean spirited, merely sending him back to Crawford does not seem enough somehow.

We were attacked five and a half years ago by islamic extremists. We are not one bit safer from attack from them today than we were then. We have flushed nearly a trillion tax dollars down the toilet in a war that has made us more enemies and lost us more allies... I remain aghast and outraged - stunned that so many have been led so far down this path by such a band of incompetent boobs. Sometimes, I feel like the one guy who sees that the emporer isn't really wearing any clothes.

I, for one, hope that, if this war continues to slip into carnage and chaos, Team Bush is somehow sometime somewhere brought up on charges of war crimes. This war, the deception used to create support for it, the inept prosecution of it, the unwillingness of this administration to examine the possibliity of their own failure shows me an arrogance that is so profound and so mean spirited, merely sending him back to Crawford does not seem enough somehow.

We were attacked five and a half years ago by islamic extremists. We are not one bit safer from attack from them today than we were then. We have flushed nearly a trillion tax dollars down the toilet in a war that has made us more enemies and lost us more allies... I remain aghast and outraged - stunned that so many have been led so far down this path by such a band of incompetent boobs. Sometimes, I feel like the one guy who sees that the emporer isn't really wearing any clothes.

I always said MM has hoping for defeat in Iraq - now he admits it

I don't think that one can say, "..Team Bush is somehow sometime somewhere brought up on charges of war crimes." and also that you hope/pray that the troops prevail. It's just intellectually inconsistent.

I don't think that one can say, "..Team Bush is somehow sometime somewhere brought up on charges of war crimes." and also that you hope/pray that the troops prevail. It's just intellectually inconsistent.

bullshit. Of course I hope our troops prevail. I hope and pray every single day that God will perform a miracle and not take another life in the conflict in Iraq.

What is intellectual about hope and prayer?

A good friend of mine in my church choir has breast cancer.... it has metastized everywhere. I can hope and pray for her recovery, but can intellectually know that she is going to die soon. How is that intellectually inconsistent?

For years, when they were in the cellar, I hoped and prayed that the New England Patriots would someday win the superbowl. Year after year, I hoped they would, but intellectually, I was pretty certain that they would not.

How the hell is hoping for one thing while simultaneously realizing that what you hope for will probably not come to pass - how is that "intellectually inconsistent"?

bullshit. Of course I hope our troops prevail. I hope and pray every single day that God will perform a miracle and not take another life in the conflict in Iraq.

A good friend of mine in my church choir has breast cancer.... it has metastized everywhere. I can hope and pray for her recovery, but can intellectually know that she is going to die soon. How is that intellectually inconsistent?

For years, when they were in the cellar, I hoped and prayed that the New England Patriots would someday win the superbowl. Year after year, I hoped they would, but intellectually, I was pretty certain that they would not.

How the hell is hoping for one thing while simultaneously realizing that what you hope for will probably not come to pass - how is that "intellectually inconsistent"?

Really?

These are your own words:

I, for one, hope that, if this war continues to slip into carnage and chaos

Inconsistent to 'hope and pray' that troops sent for illegal reasons would prevail. I mean that is the implication of 'war crimes' no?

Forum List

Back