If this is progress...

Iran is helping the shiites.... Syria is helping the sunnis....anybody with any sense was predicting exactly that sort of outcome....

but in the end, we will probably end up with a shiite theocracy in Iraq that is much closer allied with Iran than it ever will be with us.

that is the Bush legacy - a failure.

and then your dream will come true

no so...I do not dream of a Bush failure...I only predict it. I think he has made terrible mistakes and they will come back to haunt the country for generations.

no so...I do not dream of a Bush failure...I only predict it. I think he has made terrible mistakes and they will come back to haunt the country for generations.

The only thing that will haunt you is victory in Iraq

You and your party have placed your political future in the failure of the US economy and Iarq

what will victory look like in Iraq? Do you really still envision the multicultural jeffersonian democracy, or are you resigned to a shiite theocracy?

Look even if this so called "surge" does work and violence goes down. The victory in iraq can not be claimed. To think that Iraq can be some kind of political utopia, controlled by a two or three sided government is ridiculess. The reason democrats are wanting out is because they realize that slowing violence is not even half of what needs to be done to the infastructure of Iraq. They realize that Bush's democracy in Iraq would take decades of US occupation. That is time that we can not afford to give to Iraq with so much trouble in the middle east and back home.

Iraq will never be a democracy. EVER. Too much corruption, too much infustructure damage, to many illegal weapons markets, to much non-secular bias. Right now Iraq is in a transitional democracy but they dont want this. They dont want to be forced into American Idology. They want theocracy, just like Iran. They are far to religious to want any type of secular government and violence will never stop until everyone gets what they want, which is 3 seperate governments. Not going to happen.

Iraq will never be a democracy. EVER. Too much corruption, too much infustructure damage, to many illegal weapons markets, to much non-secular bias. Right now Iraq is in a transitional democracy but they dont want this. They dont want to be forced into American Idology. They want theocracy, just like Iran. They are far to religious to want any type of secular government and violence will never stop until everyone gets what they want, which is 3 seperate governments. Not going to happen.

There has never been a prosporous colonization by the US, thats not their style.
The countries that have developed economically are those that were not colonized by the West; every country that was colonized by the US is a total wreck.
The West just robs them.

The goal of the US is to keep Iraq a 3rd world country.

Keep the people poor and keep the economy vested in the interest of the big Western economic powers in the region.

Keep the rich rich and the poor people paying.

whether they are The Elite Westerners, or Regional Elites.

So, as long as the people are poor and the government gives the lucrative contracts to the right people, then the country will do fine.

So the US says to Iraq, 'you can run yourself, but we will be embedded in your government, and we will be making sure we get what we want.'

But if the country succeeds and becomes some kind of independant power, without the US.

it will cost the US alot of money, as one big example - oil and Oil Investments.

If the US no longer controls the Oil

- Stock will become unguaranteed, so to speak, it will be viewed as volatile, and fluctuate naturally in the open market. that is, if the source is controlled by Regional independents, it will ultimately lead to Western interest not investing in what was once a sure thing.

And the US wont have control over what gets done in the government, the US wont have veto power when it comes to economic decisions in that region.

A democratic Iraq will start making decisions that reflect what the public wants and whats best for the region, which is not in the best interest of the US.

If oil prices go up because Iraq is Sovereign and Democratic, then the US economy will suffer, Iraq cannot be allowed to control thier own power, there must be key people put in place(in government) that will make decisions with US interest in mind.

You cannot have those(diplomats) in place if the general population in Iraq are prosporous, they must be distracted by either war/violence, consumerism, or poverty.

Or else they have a say in the way things are run, and they will quickly see who is voting to make changes and what changes are actually being made, and if the publics interest is not being served, they will vote them out

The region needs to remain in turmoil in order for the US to benefit.

Jordan is a sunni monarchy.... that would be somewhat problematic to "victoriously" install in a country such as Iraq with an 80% shiite population who had just gotten over spending three decades under the thumb of another sunni autocrat.

These homocide bombers prove that our President has been right all along. If they don't bomb us there, they will bomb us here. I say we need to surge more troops to finish the terrorists off in Iraq, then finish off Iran and North Korea and their weapons of mass destruction. Both will be easy to finish off because their people are longing for democracy and freedom, which we can teach them afterwards. They will cheer our presence, I am sure. That will put the Axis of Evil, as our President called them, in the dustbin of history. And then they can enjoy the full benefits of democracy and freedom that we enjoy here at home and Iraq now enjoys, without us having to worry about the evil-doers any longer.

Terrorists enjoy blowing themselves up, and the US military enjoy blowing them up

You would think they would get along better

Forum List

Back