If there were no such thing as opinion talk shows....

What would the right wingers watch on TV or listen to on the radio?

Where would they get their "news"?
I'd vote for reruns of married with children. That's good classic tv right there ☺
And at least as informative as Faux Newz.
Or any of the left wing shows as well...they are all guilty...in fact, if you look at most talk shows, most of the hate is actually spewed from the left. You need only to listen to Sirius xm progress to see that, from both the hosts, as well as the callers that call the shows.

But, this thread was not meant to be about that, it was meant to be about the effect that opinion shows have on how "news" is received and how our opinions are being molded by them.

Huh? That's not what I was saying at all....I was saying that if news were just news, and no commentary added, we would be less divided. Most of what we think, politically, is drilled into our heads by whatever talking head we listen to most.

If you did that, make it JUST NEWS, JUST FACTS, how would the bed wetting liberals with atrophied frontal lobes know what to parrot on these message boards and comment sections?

I'd vote for reruns of married with children. That's good classic tv right there ☺
Or any of the left wing shows as well...they are all guilty...in fact, if you look at most talk shows, most of the hate is actually spewed from the left. You need only to listen to Sirius xm progress to see that, from both the hosts, as well as the callers that call the shows.

But, this thread was not meant to be about that, it was meant to be about the effect that opinion shows have on how "news" is received and how our opinions are being molded by them.
What left wing shows?

There really aren't any. There is no left wing equivalent to rush limbaugh or faux news.

Opinions are fine ewhen you are aware that they are opinions. The problem is when so-called news programs are really (mostly left wing) opinion shows.
I'm not bashing either side here. Fox is equally guilty of being agenda driven.
Yeah that might be true but Fox is a lonely network among ABC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, NBC, the Comedy Channel and half a dozen other minor networks.

What left wing shows?

There really aren't any. There is no left wing equivalent to rush limbaugh or faux news.
You are either a fool or stone cold gutless liar. Maddow, O'Donnell, CNN more than qualify. Besides Hannity, Carlson and Ingram admit they are right wing. The others I mentioned above pretend to be 'journalists'

...would we be as divided as we are? My guess is no, we wouldnt. When trump said the media was the enemy of the people, I'm thinking he wasnt wrong.

Talk radio, prime time talk shows on tv...all of it, are the most polarizing shows on tv and radio. Each of them designed to indoctrinate their listeners and to mold their thoughts into a designed form, to create division.

Think about it, if stories were simply just told to you without any commentary or spin, we, there wouldnt be as much hate. It may not be flashy and dramatic, but we would all be forced to come to our own conclusions.

If people were honest, they'd have to admit that their views are heavily influenced by what they hear from day to day by their favorite talk shows. Most people dont know what is actually going on in the world, just what their echo chamber box tells them.

I dont think, when the constitution was talking about freedom of the press, that it was meant for opinion talk shows, since those are not actually "news" and many of then are not journalists. I think it was meant for actual news papers and the like.

Oh how awesome it would be if EVERYONE unplugged for a few months...heck, even a few weeks. I think we would see a major shift in attitudes and how we treat each other...

"Talk radio, prime time talk shows on tv...all of it, are the most polarizing shows on tv and radio. Each of them designed to indoctrinate their listeners and to mold their thoughts into a designed form, to create division."""

^^^^^ This is all because of Reagan pulling the plug on the Fairness Doctrine in 1987. I have a friend who is retired from television news and he still rails about this. The Fairness Doctrine required equal time for political opponents. Reagan killed it. He was a bigger bastard than Trump.

Reagan’s Veto Kills Fairness Doctrine Bill

""" President Reagan, intensifying the debate over whether the nation’s broadcasters must present opposing views of controversial issues, has vetoed legislation to turn into law the 38-year-old “fairness doctrine,” the White House announced Saturday.

The doctrine, instituted by the Federal Communications Commission as public policy in 1949, requires the nation’s radio and television stations to “afford reasonable opportunity for the discussion of conflicting views on issues of public importance.”"""

What left wing shows?

You are either a fool or stone cold gutless liar. Maddow, O'Donnell, CNN more than qualify. Besides Hannity, Carlson and Ingram admit they are right wing. The others I mentioned above pretend to be 'journalists'

MSNBC and CNN may not report on a story, but Fox outright lies about a story.

TR_tvxjpk

...would we be as divided as we are? My guess is no, we wouldnt. When trump said the media was the enemy of the people, I'm thinking he wasnt wrong.

Talk radio, prime time talk shows on tv...all of it, are the most polarizing shows on tv and radio. Each of them designed to indoctrinate their listeners and to mold their thoughts into a designed form, to create division.

Think about it, if stories were simply just told to you without any commentary or spin, we, there wouldnt be as much hate. It may not be flashy and dramatic, but we would all be forced to come to our own conclusions.

If people were honest, they'd have to admit that their views are heavily influenced by what they hear from day to day by their favorite talk shows. Most people dont know what is actually going on in the world, just what their echo chamber box tells them.

I dont think, when the constitution was talking about freedom of the press, that it was meant for opinion talk shows, since those are not actually "news" and many of then are not journalists. I think it was meant for actual news papers and the like.

Oh how awesome it would be if EVERYONE unplugged for a few months...heck, even a few weeks. I think we would see a major shift in attitudes and how we treat each other...
Another "I HATE the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution" thread .......

If only Free Citizens could only say and hear what Leftist wanted them to .... you know ....

Like China, Venezuela, North Korea, Cuba, etc ....

We would all then live in such a wonderful Communist utopia!!

Fvckin' Leftist ......

There is no place for these Useful Idiots in a Free Nation.

Huh? That's not what I was saying at all....I was saying that if news were just news, and no commentary added, we would be less divided. Most of what we think, politically, is drilled into our heads by whatever talking head we listen to most.

If you did that, make it JUST NEWS, JUST FACTS, how would the bed wetting liberals with atrophied frontal lobes know what to parrot on these message boards and comment sections?

Try Associated Press and Reuters, pants-shitting TrumpTard.

"Talk radio, prime time talk shows on tv...all of it, are the most polarizing shows on tv and radio. Each of them designed to indoctrinate their listeners and to mold their thoughts into a designed form, to create division."""

^^^^^ This is all because of Reagan pulling the plug on the Fairness Doctrine in 1987. I have a friend who is retired from television news and he still rails about this. The Fairness Doctrine required equal time for political opponents. Reagan killed it. He was a bigger bastard than Trump.

Reagan’s Veto Kills Fairness Doctrine Bill

""" President Reagan, intensifying the debate over whether the nation’s broadcasters must present opposing views of controversial issues, has vetoed legislation to turn into law the 38-year-old “fairness doctrine,” the White House announced Saturday.

The doctrine, instituted by the Federal Communications Commission as public policy in 1949, requires the nation’s radio and television stations to “afford reasonable opportunity for the discussion of conflicting views on issues of public importance.”"""
Go F yourself. That doctrine was to silence conservative view points. Everyone including morons like yourself gets to have options.

What left wing shows?

MSNBC and CNN may not report on a story, but Fox outright lies about a story.

TR_tvxjpk

Some of the demrats did exactly that.

You're not mentioning the platform WE are on here, on the "INTERNET". I sort of lament the days newspapers, writing letters. Because of the influence of the 'net, in the last 20 years, I have had relatives seduced into cults, or even had a sex change. I think the internet is the main culprit feeding this insanity and weirdness, I hate to say. I cringe posting this...

You're not mentioning the platform WE are on here, on the "INTERNET". I sort of lament the days newspapers, writing letters. Because of the influence of the 'net, in the last 20 years, I have had relatives seduced into cults, or even had a sex change. I think the internet is the main culprit feeding this insanity and weirdness, I hate to say. I cringe posting this...
That may well be a factor.

What left wing shows?

That bed wetter is far worse than a fool, he is a complete jabbering retard. I doubt he has the cognitive capacity to understand the shit he posts, so he may not be "lying" since he believes that bullshit is true. If you don't know the muppets on MSLSD, CBS, PBS, NBS, ABS and CNNBS are apparatchiks of the DNC you're walking around with an atrophied frontal lobe and that's the bottom line. You could have 6 different TV's going at once and watch all of them almost verbatim repeat the same agitprop on any given morning news show. It's not even deniable they read scripts from the same leftist asshole. They never have someone on with an opposing point of view to add perspective. It's 95% Trump Hate, and 5% fluff.

What left wing shows?

No, they really don't. Rush and hannity tell you what to think. Maddow and her like ask questions that make you think.

Nope.

I haven’t watched one of those panel shows or nighttime cable news shows in years.

Trump just sucks.
Ok, so, how do you know trump sucks? If you are getting your information from the tv or radio, its heavily edited and agenda driven. How do you know what you know about trump is even accurate? Even if it is accurate, how do you know it's not been twisted or context edited to favor a particular narrative?

My point being, people dont know what they think they know, because there are no unbiased news sources left in the world.

Kids in cages as a deterrent.

Forcing people returning from over seas to stand for hours shoulder to shoulder while his CDC was recommending social distancing

Praising multiple organizations/people then disavowing them, firing them, etc...

Making fun of the handicapped.

calling Mexicans rapists

not knowing people died from the flu

hiding from Mueller instead of sitting for a deposition

Just for starters. Now you’re going to tell me NONE of that happened, right!

What were the talk shows of the day when this country fell into a full blown Civil war, with both sides using Cannons, bayonets and muskets to kill each other?

I thought about the failure of the several attempts that were made at left-wing talk shows but it didn't take long to find the reason they failed.

It's because true liberals are not allowed to think. Only to parrot the party line. True, it changes according to the talking point-du-jour as dictated by the elite. But typically only once a day. So.....one call and you know what's coming. Over and over and over.

It's not as even as original as the Muslim call prayer day after day. At least in that there is the opportunity for varied inflection...well slightly......but in the liberal "call to prayer" no deviation is allowed. No mater how slight.

Nope.

I haven’t watched one of those panel shows or nighttime cable news shows in years.

Trump just sucks.

Thumb up minus the Trump sucks part..

I am going for my record I have not watched television since the super bowl and I don't listen to the radio.

Just listen to the lyrics of the songs...it's worse then opinion shows any day of the week

Forum List

Back