If there is no recession, why does the Fed keep raising rates?

This is more punitive governance. They can’t beat us over the head with Covid anymore so now it’s this.
Interest rates were comically low. Now there is artificial mass hysteria that rates are approaching the average rate of the last 40 years. It’s in essence another ginned up hoax.

What they should be doing is raising taxes to suck some of that money back out of the economy.
What they should be doing is putting Trump's economic team back in their positions and undo everything Biden has done... raising taxes does not fill the treasury... cutting taxes and spawning growth does that... more jobs more investment feeds a broken US treasury... higher taxes gets us less revenue not more....

Does is make sense to keep raising rates when the economy is great?

I dont get it.

They are raising rates to try and slow down inflation, which will lead to a recession if it isn't there already.

If there was a full blown "classic" recession, almost certainly rates would be going down, often aggressively. Inflation and energy costs among other issues (some might argue the energy issue is self inflicted but I digress) has created a perfect storm of trouble.

IMO, the massive, excessive deficit has assured many of these issues, especially as the economic benefits of this sharply increase debt is suspect.

The long term structural damage to the U.S economy and reserve currency status is yet to be determined.

They are raising rates to try and slow down inflation, which will lead to a recession if it isn't there already.

If there was a full blown "classic" recession, almost certainly rates would be going down, often aggressively. Inflation and energy costs among other issues (some might argue the energy issue is self inflicted but I digress) has created a perfect storm of trouble.

IMO, the massive, excessive deficit has assured many of these issues, especially as the economic benefits of this sharply increase debt is suspect.

The long term structural damage to the U.S economy and reserve currency status is yet to be determined.

They should stop wastefull government spending

Yes. My question was facetious because Biden Dems and the CULT are liars who know the economy sucks.

I a, calling them out on their lies.

It was rhetorical.

Yes. My question was facetious because Biden Dems and the CULT are liars who know the economy sucks.

I a, calling them out on their lies.

It was rhetorical.

It's difficult to express connotation through text, so I wasn't questioning your assertion or even applying a judgement of your intent. I was simply providing my own assessment of their objective and what most certainly created this situation.

The danger for me is the risk of this becoming far worse than a cyclical recession, especially as spending/debt has skyrocketed and the global supply chain shifts and prices increase. This may be far more long-term than we recognize at this juncture.

Cheers.

What they should be doing is raising taxes to suck some of that money back out of the economy.
sorry, I need my hard earned money to keep up with the Xiden inflation....feel free to give more of your money to the Govt if you wish.

Most folks are barely making it paycheck to paycheck now because of the Xiden inflation

Yes, increase government spending and taxes to ramp up the percent of the economy that's government, great idea (not)

I hope every realizes Unemployment is going to spike.

He literally said yesterday they are trying to soften the job market.

This is so people do not have money to spend.

We are so fucked. Jerome Powell is purposefully trashing the economy.

I have not seen my girlfriend Janet Yellin lately. Where is the cult hiding her?

Forum List

Back