Fed Governor Bowman says additional rate hike could be needed if inflation stays high

I am so confused. We are told every day that inflation is NOT HIGH.

Why is the Fed Governor Bowman claiming inflation is high?

Is inflation high or is it not?

We are still possibly raising rates? Why?
Please read your own links FFS

“While it is not my baseline outlook, I continue to see the risk that at a future meeting we may need to increase the policy rate further should progress on inflation stall or even reverse,”

Inflation is off the charts... I know... I just returned from the store... OUCH!...

Grocery prices are 40% higher than in 2019.

The left refuse to admit it….or make fun of you for pointing it out.

Bill Maher said, “Oh no….HOT DOGS COST MORE.”

Fucking bubblehead analysis.

Every single person who posts on this site KNOWS shit is more expensive across the board.

When inflation is 10%, and then drops to 4%…….IT IS NOT “low”.

You are gaslighting me right?

Please reconsider this comment. You are generally reasoned, even if wrong.
Sorry.

Inflation always does and always should occur due to economic growth.

This round of inflation is due to supply chain issues and a burst of spending after the oandemic and rates being too low.

Can government spending affect inflation? Yes. But that is generally not the problem.

I know some rather wing economists make the case otherwise, but they are wrong.

Lets examine what he said.

WE MAY RAISE RATES IF INFLATION REMAINS HIGH.

Lefties, what does that sentence mean to you? That inflation is low? Is this person a liar?

Sorry.

This round of inflation is due to supply chain issues and a burst of spending after the oandemic and rates being too low.

Can government spending affect inflation? Yes. But that is generally not the problem.

Kill each other. Maim each other. Stop the excuses.

Sorry.

Have a good cry and let it all out.

17% to 21% is good for the economy.

Sorry.

You are conflating economic spending/investing by businesses with massive budgets passed by government.

The West is becoming more and more "corporalist" instead of capitalist. Hurting small and medium businesses by propping up corporations and passing massive budgets and boondoggle laden gifts to donors and expanded government.

You are conflating economic spending/investing by governments with massive budgets passed by government.
You are confusing both as being the main drivers of excess inflation.

That is not the case with the inflation caused by the pandemic and the surroundng events.

The real reasons have already been stated.

It's a dusty right wing talking point.

Forum List

Back