If the Virginia Gov and Lt Gov Resign As They Should

190202113118-tease-ralph-northam-yearbook-photo-handout-super-tease.jpg

It looks like a costume. I'm guessing the other guy is in a costume, too?

Why is it racist? I want this explained, please, not just a bunch of political mumbo jumbo. Asclepias?
because we've defined almost everything as racist *if* it furthered a political goal or party.

to me, the left has gone crazy on calling the right racist, nazi, supremacist and so forth. kids do stupid stuff all the time. it's called growing up and learning. to sit and judge by todays standards what we did 30+ years ago, we're all going to be guilty of something.

what i find karma-related-haha-funny is that the gov accused his opponent of blatant racism. we've gotten to the point where we use it regardless of whether that person is or not simply because we either don't want to or are not able to dive into an intelligent discussion around it.

live by the racism, die by it. i think it's stupid but when people get hit enough with the boomerang of their idiocy, maybe they'll cut it out.
Are you saying there is no rational reason for calling him a racist? I'll wait to hear from a black poster. Paul Essien
What do you think will be the response if there was a pic of an elected official who was dressed up in a Nazi uniform next to a guy who is posing as a holocaust victim?

Do you think people would be going "what's the big deal? how is this anti-Semitic"?
Okay. That's got me thinking. Maybe it's the victim thing?

because we've defined almost everything as racist *if* it furthered a political goal or party.

to me, the left has gone crazy on calling the right racist, nazi, supremacist and so forth. kids do stupid stuff all the time. it's called growing up and learning. to sit and judge by todays standards what we did 30+ years ago, we're all going to be guilty of something.

what i find karma-related-haha-funny is that the gov accused his opponent of blatant racism. we've gotten to the point where we use it regardless of whether that person is or not simply because we either don't want to or are not able to dive into an intelligent discussion around it.

live by the racism, die by it. i think it's stupid but when people get hit enough with the boomerang of their idiocy, maybe they'll cut it out.
Are you saying there is no rational reason for calling him a racist? I'll wait to hear from a black poster. Paul Essien
i don't think 1 picture, 30+ years ago, defines him completely today.
If I dress as a hula dancer, does that mean I disrespect and hate Hawaiians? If I put on a cowboy outfit, hid my hair under my hat and put on a fake mustache, does that mean I hate men?
I just don't get where a costume like that is racist, but maybe that's because I don't think like that? I'm still waiting for an explanation.
for the most part i'm agreeing with you. i have no idea if he's racist or not and i don't think a 30 year old picture when times were different is enough to say he is.

i think people do it now cause the left is crazy out there calling EVERYONE racist. paula dean - she was harassed and fired for saying the N word 30+ years ago.

this is what identity politics does and you see the right saying FRY HIM cause the left set the tone in the past and now it's coming back to haunt them. we really don't care who people are anymore, just what we can call them that benefits ourselves.
You obviously did not see or hear his press conference on Saturday
No, what in essence did he say, Biff?

If I dress as a hula dancer, does that mean I disrespect and hate Hawaiians? If I put on a cowboy outfit, hid my hair under my hat and put on a fake mustache, does that mean I hate men?
I just don't get where a costume like that is racist, but maybe that's because I don't think like that? I'm still waiting for an explanation.

Here, maybe this will help.
If You Choose To Wear Blackface On Halloween, You're Just Plain Racist | HuffPost
there's been countless slams lately for people who did this in the past. megan kelly said pretty much what oldlady is saying and she got lambasted. this is the definition of the left and it's ignorant. but if they're going to make this the standard to be judged by then they MUST apply it to themselves.

ONLY THEN will they MAYBE stop doing this stupid shit that hits them harder than it hit anyone else.

Well, if you were to dress up as a hula dancer or put on a cowboy hat, according to liberals that's some kind of cultural appropriation. As far are stopping the stupid shit, not sure how to stop something that happened 20-30 years ago. Nevertheless, whatever rules apply should apply to both the left and the right.
61A1MYAsubL._SX355_.jpg

I don't recall these guys being boycotted by any liberals.....do you?
liberals were not boycott crazy at the time. do you really think if they did this today the liberal posse wouldn't come out to play?
Yea, there weren't many boycotts back then.....
sit-in.jpg

Just stop....

Why is it racist? I want this explained, please, not just a bunch of political mumbo jumbo. Asclepias?

What do you think will be the response if there was a pic of an elected official who was dressed up in a Nazi uniform next to a guy who is posing as a holocaust victim?

Do you think people would be going "what's the big deal? how is this anti-Semitic"?
Its the fact that 1984 is not 1954....and the fact that people still in 2019 still don't get it is the problem...So I will say it again.....if someone dressed up like a Nazi and a holocaust victim in 1984; there will STILL NOT be people saying "it was a different time back then"

When was there a time where jews being slaughtered was seen as OK by most of America -- possibly around the time we were contemplating going to war over it....but after that war was fought (with the help of black soldiers who would still be treated as second class for decades to come) -- we pretty much knew it was taboo to mock the holocaust....

Its the fact that 1984 is not 1954....and the fact that people still in 2019 still don't get it is the problem...So I will say it again.....if someone dressed up like a Nazi and a holocaust victim in 1984; there will STILL NOT be people saying "it was a different time back then"

When was there a time where jews being slaughtered was seen as OK by most of America -- possibly around the time we were contemplating going to war over it....but after that war was fought (with the help of black soldiers who would still be treated as second class for decades to come) -- we pretty much knew it was taboo to mock the holocaust....
I already said okay. I got it. If part of their costume was Northam having a noose around his neck and the KKK'er holding the end of the rope, it would have been a lot more clear from the get go. I didn't think of it. Now I get it.

Why the Lt. Gov.?

The filthy Nugga committed rape....How do we know this?
Because he’s been accused. Hang him in public...ain’t that right LefTarded folks?

OldLady my2¢

I've long taken my lesson from the Ox Bow Incident. I forget what year we read that in English class, it's been a mighty long time ago. It made for a good movie too. As far as movies go I sure preferred Intruder in the Dust over To Kill a Mockingbird. I'd guess Mockingbird is a better book, based on hearing that Faulkner is murder to read.

So freaking stupid, when will people understand that forced resignations only reply to repub’s.

there's been countless slams lately for people who did this in the past. megan kelly said pretty much what oldlady is saying and she got lambasted. this is the definition of the left and it's ignorant. but if they're going to make this the standard to be judged by then they MUST apply it to themselves.

ONLY THEN will they MAYBE stop doing this stupid shit that hits them harder than it hit anyone else.

Well, if you were to dress up as a hula dancer or put on a cowboy hat, according to liberals that's some kind of cultural appropriation. As far are stopping the stupid shit, not sure how to stop something that happened 20-30 years ago. Nevertheless, whatever rules apply should apply to both the left and the right.
61A1MYAsubL._SX355_.jpg

I don't recall these guys being boycotted by any liberals.....do you?
liberals were not boycott crazy at the time. do you really think if they did this today the liberal posse wouldn't come out to play?
Yea, there weren't many boycotts back then.....
sit-in.jpg

Just stop....
this doesn't have jack nor shit to do with the village people. now you're just strawmaning shit around.

Why should the LT governor resign ?

Unless your saying he was the hooded guy

Since he is not then he should not resign right

i think people look for reasons to be mad and all PC and don't really care anymore what that reason is.

1 picture DOES NOT tell an entire story.
I asked a question .....if this was a guy in a Nazi outfit with a guy who is posing as a holocaust victim -- will there be this ambiguous back and forth on whether it is anti-Semitic or not....would there be people telling families of holocaust victims to stop being so PC and get over it?

Reasonable point, but then you have progressives who constantly do EXACTLY what they're projecting on conservatives, all in the same breath.

The governor is being told he needs to resign because of the racist photo on his yearbook page from medical school. Now, I've heard a couple of people say that "kids will be kids" as a way to say it's not so bad, but here's the thing..........he was 24 at the time, and sorry, but by 24, a person pretty much has their views firmly in place by then (especially if they are becoming a doctor). So no, I don't think that he's changed his views much.

After people started calling for the governor to step down, and it was looking more and more like the Lt. Gov. was going to take over, THAT is when the sexual harassment allegations came up. There have been no other allegations against the Lt. Gov, just this one. And, because of the timing and the fact that there is only this one woman making allegations, it looks like it could be a smear job.

Why the Lt. Gov.?

The filthy Nugga committed rape....How do we know this?
Because he’s been accused. Hang him in public...ain’t that right LefTarded folks?

OldLady my2¢

I've long taken my lesson from the Ox Bow Incident. I forget what year we read that in English class, it's been a mighty long time ago. It made for a good movie too. As far as movies go I sure preferred Intruder in the Dust over To Kill a Mockingbird. I'd guess Mockingbird is a better book, based on hearing that Faulkner is murder to read.
Lucas was an interesting character. His gram, a slave belonging to Lucius McCaislin, committed suicide when Lucius stopped screwing her after a couple decades and started raping their daughter. Edmonds, who helps Lucas out in Intruder, is his cousin, a McCaislin on the distaff.

Why should they resign?
I don't think they should in general. Who you dress up or mock I don't care.......and if you are accused of sexual assault, you should be assumed innocent....BUT....since these are leftwing democrats.....I just have to laugh my ass off......again showing that democrats are exactly who they accuse republicans of being.......PROJECTION....it's all the left does......but I do think the Gov should resign for supporting that disgusting abortion bill......killing babies is never ok.

i don't think 1 picture, 30+ years ago, defines him completely today.

Don't get what's wrong with blackface? Here's why it's so offensive.

A Republican becomes Governor.

Constitution of Virginia - Article V. Executive

The Speaker of the House of Delegates is Kirk Cox, a Republican.
Why should the lt governor resign?

He's been accused of sexual harassment by a Stanford Fellow, and as the Democrats are fond of insisting, the woman is always to be believed.

That is so ridiculous. A thorough investigation should take place. There was no serious investigation of Kavanaugh as the FBI was not allowed to conduct a thorough investigation. Also Kavanaugh provided corroboration of Ford's story. She knew Kavanaugh was with Judge and Kavanaugh's calendar confirmed that. Also Kavanaugh was accused by people who knew him of not telling the truth to Congress.

Why should they resign?

:21:

Libs are such fucking hypocrites.

A Republican becomes Governor.

Constitution of Virginia - Article V. Executive

The Speaker of the House of Delegates is Kirk Cox, a Republican.
Why should the lt governor resign?

He's been accused of sexual harassment by a Stanford Fellow, and as the Democrats are fond of insisting, the woman is always to be believed.
and as the right said, that's fucking stupid.

yet here we are, doing "stupid" "cause they did it first".

when will we grow up, that is my burning question for these times.

The Democrats set the rules. Now they have to live by them.

I don't agree with the nonsense, but again, they brought it upon themselves.

We will grow up when people forcing this puerile garbage are politically removed from influence.

You people are the hypocrites. By the rules Republicans established, the Lt Governor should not resign.

Forum List

Back