If teachers were given the option to conceal carry, schools would be a lot safer.

The idea that classrooms would be safer by having firearms introduced into them is madness to me.

The answer to this part of the problem is SROs. They didn't stop the guy at this one data point, but they do a lot of good.
But continuing school shootings is good, right?

What job do you currently do, or if you're retired, what was your last job?
I never give out personal information to progressives. They only want to use that information to attack me.

Some progressives hope that attacking me will distract from their inability to support their arguments. Others hope to force me to to stop posting the truth altogether.

It doesn't even matter what the personal information is. Whatever it is will be fashioned into some sort of an attack.

The last board I was on there was even a concerted attempt to use my reference to a gunfight that one of my ancestors was in to try to find out who I am. Luckily I left a lot of the details vague enough they they were unable to succeed. But I was suitably creeped out by the lengths that they went to in their attempts to find me.

No, people are wanting the alternator fixed, they're sick of changing the battery.
It is strange to want to fix an alternator that is in perfect working order. But they should stop changing the battery. It is fine too.

I never give out personal information to progressives. They only want to use that information to attack me.

Some progressives hope that attacking me will distract from their inability to support their arguments. Others hope to force me to to stop posting the truth altogether.

It doesn't even matter what the personal information is. Whatever it is will be fashioned into some sort of an attack.

The last board I was on there was even a concerted attempt to use my reference to a gunfight that one of my ancestors was in to try to find out who I am. Luckily I left a lot of the details vague enough they they were unable to succeed. But I was suitably creeped out by the lengths that they went to in their attempts to find me.

It is strange to want to fix an alternator that is in perfect working order. But they should stop changing the battery. It is fine too.
Make a job up. I work in construction.

The alternator is broken, but they keep wanting to fix the battery.

The alternator is NOT broken.

I still haven't seen anyone point out any flaws in our logic.
Gun culture is broken, so fix everything that suffers from it is stoopid. States with the most restrictions and countries with gun laws suffer less incidents.

A blind man on a galloping horse can see the flaw. Obviously you can't.

Gun culture is broken,
No it isn't.

so fix everything that suffers from it is stoopid.
Nothing suffers from it.

States with the most restrictions and countries with gun laws suffer less incidents.
That is incorrect. The number of criminal incidents remains the same.

Now, in places with fewer guns, more criminal incidents may not have any guns involved. And in places with many guns, more criminal incidents may involve guns.

But the number of criminal incidents remains the same regardless of whether guns are involved.

There is no flaw.

No it isn't.

Nothing suffers from it.

That is incorrect. The number of criminal incidents remains the same.

Now, in places with fewer guns, more criminal incidents may not have any guns involved. And in places with many guns, more criminal incidents may involve guns.

But the number of criminal incidents remains the same regardless of whether guns are involved.

There is no flaw.
Yes it is, innocent people suffer, it is correct, there's a flaw.

Yes it is, innocent people suffer, it is correct, there's a flaw.
That is incorrect. Gun culture is not broken. Neither is there a flaw. Innocent people are not harmed by gun culture in any way.

And no, the number of incidents remains exactly the same regardless of the number of restrictions on guns.

By the way, here is the same question I posed to Vagabond63:

While I can certainly see how frequent shooting exercises are beneficial, why do you think that forcing people to participate in a shooting club before they are allowed to have a gun somehow reduces homicide rates?

The only effect of more shooting practice that I can see is that it will make gun owners better shots. That's not a bad thing, but I really don't see how it reduces homicide rates any.

We already know of course that gun availability doesn't have any impact on homicide rates. But it doesn't look to me like UK gun laws have a basis for even pretending that they curtail homicides.

That is incorrect. Gun culture is not broken. Neither is there a flaw. Innocent people are not harmed by gun culture in any way.

And no, the number of incidents remains exactly the same regardless of the number of restrictions on guns.

By the way, here is the same question I posed to Vagabond63:

While I can certainly see how frequent shooting exercises are beneficial, why do you think that forcing people to participate in a shooting club before they are allowed to have a gun somehow reduces homicide rates?

The only effect of more shooting practice that I can see is that it will make gun owners better shots. That's not a bad thing, but I really don't see how it reduces homicide rates any.

We already know of course that gun availability doesn't have any impact on homicide rates. But it doesn't look to me like UK gun laws have a basis for even pretending that they curtail homicides.
It is correct. America has a broken gun culture, For example, one of your good guys shot at a car that had three youths inside, they were lost. Nineteen innocent kids had their brains blown all over their classroom (one of the hundreds of mass shootings). You try say them from abortion to then blast them away at school. Taf.

A teacher is a teacher, not a bodyguard. A care worker in a care home is a carer, not a bodyguard. A vicar in a church is a vicar, not a body guard. A subway sandwich maker is a sandwich maker, not a body guard. If someone wanted to be a bodyguard, they would train and apply for a bodyguards job, not a teacher's, care worker, vicar or fast food seller. The gun culture is broken, idiots believe walking around with guns is fantastic, shoot at anything and anyone that moves then ask questions. The gun nuts believe everyone should be a bodyguard, that speaks volumes of the gun nut's IQ level.

You've had nearly 250 years of, "The answer is more guns", and you still suffer horrendous gun violence. Many other countries decided to go in the opposite direction with gun checks and control, and the gun violence dramatically keeps falling. And the capacity of your brain can only squeak, "Der, not broken, der, incorrect".

With you it's, "If it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, it's a gun". Solid bone from the neck up.

It is correct.
No it isn't.

America has a broken gun culture,
No we don't.

What really needs to happen is, you guys need to change and become like us.

For example, one of your good guys shot at a car that had three youths inside, they were lost.
If it was a good guy, I presume it was a justifiable shooting. What else were they doing besides driving around lost?

Nineteen innocent kids had their brains blown all over their classroom (one of the hundreds of mass shootings).
So what? They'd be just as dead if they were murdered with some other kind of weapon.

You try say them from abortion to then blast them away at school. Taf.
I don't pay much attention to the abortion issue, although I am extremely unsympathetic to feminists.

A teacher is a teacher, not a bodyguard. A care worker in a care home is a carer, not a bodyguard. A vicar in a church is a vicar, not a body guard. A subway sandwich maker is a sandwich maker, not a body guard. If someone wanted to be a bodyguard, they would train and apply for a bodyguards job, not a teacher's, care worker, vicar or fast food seller.
I guess those teachers were pretty stupid to get themselves killed confronting the shooter that was slaughtering their students.

It's a shame you weren't able to tell them that they were supposed to stay out of the killer's way and not interfere with the slaughter.

The gun culture is broken,
No it isn't. Like I said above, what really needs to happen is, you guys need to change and become like us.

idiots believe walking around with guns is fantastic, shoot at anything and anyone that moves then ask questions.
Nonsense.

The gun nuts believe everyone should be a bodyguard, that speaks volumes of the gun nut's IQ level.
Name-calling is a poor substitute for facts and logic.

You've had nearly 250 years of, "The answer is more guns", and you still suffer horrendous gun violence.
So what? It's not like being killed with guns makes the victims more dead.

Many other countries decided to go in the opposite direction with gun checks and control, and the gun violence dramatically keeps falling.
So what? It's not like being killed with other kinds of weapons makes the victims less dead.

And the capacity of your brain can only squeak, "Der, not broken, der, incorrect".
I gave you more detailed answers. But when you don't even address the detailed answer and merely repeat the same untrue claims, the important thing to do is deny that your claims are true.

With you it's, "If it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, it's a gun". Solid bone from the neck up.
Again, name-calling is a poor substitute for facts and logic.

Gun culture is broken, so fix everything that suffers from it is stoopid. States with the most restrictions and countries with gun laws suffer less incidents.

when-seconds-count-the-police-are-only-minutes-away-n.jpg

No it isn't.

No we don't.

What really needs to happen is, you guys need to change and become like us.

If it was a good guy, I presume it was a justifiable shooting. What else were they doing besides driving around lost?

So what? They'd be just as dead if they were murdered with some other kind of weapon.

I don't pay much attention to the abortion issue, although I am extremely unsympathetic to feminists.

I guess those teachers were pretty stupid to get themselves killed confronting the shooter that was slaughtering their students.

It's a shame you weren't able to tell them that they were supposed to stay out of the killer's way and not interfere with the slaughter.

No it isn't. Like I said above, what really needs to happen is, you guys need to change and become like us.

Nonsense.

Name-calling is a poor substitute for facts and logic.

So what? It's not like being killed with guns makes the victims more dead.

So what? It's not like being killed with other kinds of weapons makes the victims less dead.

I gave you more detailed answers. But when you don't even address the detailed answer and merely repeat the same untrue claims, the important thing to do is deny that your claims are true.

Again, name-calling is a poor substitute for facts and logic.
I'll sum up your stance on the gun topic -

th-307286549.jpg

Forum List

Back