If some peoples taxes are going up

Cons act like it’s a good deal because they throw some crumbs at the working class .

And let’s just ignore the whole debt thing that WAS a big deal before the election.

Cons act like it’s a good deal because they throw some crumbs at the working class .

And let’s just ignore the whole debt thing that WAS a big deal before the election.
why is it a "bad deal" to you?

Harley actually thinks Trump and the GOP are looking out for him.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

why is the left bitching? Dont most of them say we should raise the tax rate? :eusa_think:
The rich will sing to the heavens with this tax bill and you’ll get screwed and you’re still carrying Trump’s water.
Masochist or idiot?
How will i be screwed?
I see you don’t understand this horrific tax bill. It’s not surprising.

How the GOP tax bill will destroy the finances of average Americans
and amounting to a big transfer of wealth to lower-tax red-state America
can you explain how it does this?

why is the left bitching? Dont most of them say we should raise the tax rate? :eusa_think:

Because those living in high taxed blue states are told to complain about it!
Well all signs are it will be better for red states.
Are you talking about deducting state income tax?

Correct.
Wasnt that just two states though?
Also, i have no problem with that. They shouldnt be getting extra deductions because they live in a state with high taxes.
Deductions should be eliminated.

Not sure. Won't they be double taxed on same income? That hardly seems right.

You know, I'm still wondering why the corporations are going to have their taxes cut permanently, while the rest of us average citizens will get tax breaks that will expire in 10 years.

And yeah, I'm going to be watching VERY closely when I file this time for taxes. Why? Because when I retired, I calculated what my withholdings should be so that the government didn't get to hold on to my money for a year and then send me a big rebate in April, but yet enough was withheld so that I didn't have to pay in anything either.

Generally, for the past 10 years or so, I usually end up with a rebate check of 2 to 3 dollars, or maybe I have to pay a dollar or two.

If my rates go up this time, I'm going to know immediately.

Because those living in high taxed blue states are told to complain about it!

Correct.
Also, i have no problem with that. They shouldnt be getting extra deductions because they live in a state with high taxes.

Sounds like a problem only the high taxed state can figure out.
Is it right for me and other people that live in decently taxed states to subsidize them? Thats basically what it amounts to, isnt it?

The rich will sing to the heavens with this tax bill and you’ll get screwed and you’re still carrying Trump’s water.
Masochist or idiot?
How will i be screwed?

If the debt skyrockets we all could be.
Right? God forbid each person owes more than 65 K like they do now lol
At worst my taxes go up a little and the debt increases rapidly. At best my taxes decrease a little and the economy grows faster. I really see no reason yet to know which one it will be.

You know, I'm still wondering why the corporations are going to have their taxes cut permanently, while the rest of us average citizens will get tax breaks that will expire in 10 years.

And yeah, I'm going to be watching VERY closely when I file this time for taxes. Why? Because when I retired, I calculated what my withholdings should be so that the government didn't get to hold on to my money for a year and then send me a big rebate in April, but yet enough was withheld so that I didn't have to pay in anything either.

Generally, for the past 10 years or so, I usually end up with a rebate check of 2 to 3 dollars, or maybe I have to pay a dollar or two.

Isnt that how the corporate tax rate always is?

Correct.

Is it right for me and other people that live in decently taxed states to subsidize them? Thats basically what it amounts to, isnt it?
I think it amounts to double taxation. Income in most those states tends to be much higher so they are still paying more in federal taxes.

You know, Reagan tried to tell us that "trickle down" was a workable model for taxation, but it has yet to work.

Personally, I think that the tax cuts for the citizens should be permanent, and tell the corporations that we will cut their taxes for 10 years, but if they don't move jobs back to the USA, they will return to current rates after 10 years have passed.

That would incentivize companies to bring jobs back here.

Correct.

I think it amounts to double taxation. Income in most those states tends to be much higher so they are still paying more in federal taxes.

When I was in the Navy and processing the pay paperwork for people in my command, if your home of record was a state that didn't charge state income taxes, you paid 28 percent in federal. If your state made the military pay state income taxes, you paid 28 percent in federal and 4 percent in state, making your total tax witholding about 32 percent.

Dunno how civilian companies withhold their taxes from their employees though.

It's bullshit! Saving a couple hundred per year in taxes (maybe) when workers should be making a couple hundred more per week in pay.

...on the rich, not on the poor. This tax plan raises taxes on the poor.

The wealthy don't need a tax cut and neither does our economy. This is just about rewarding wealthy Conservative donors and nothing else.

What is needed are wage increases, not increases to after-tax income for the top 1%.

Correct.

But why is that everyone elses fault? Maybe their state should work on that if they are taxing them twice.

You know, Reagan tried to tell us that "trickle down" was a workable model for taxation, but it has yet to work.

Personally, I think that the tax cuts for the citizens should be permanent, and tell the corporations that we will cut their taxes for 10 years, but if they don't move jobs back to the USA, they will return to current rates after 10 years have passed.

That would incentivize companies to bring jobs back here.
Personally, i dont think we should be taxed on how much we earn. I would be ok with getting rid of the income tax period.
Raise federal sales tax

...on the rich, not on the poor. This tax plan raises taxes on the poor.

The wealthy don't need a tax cut and neither does our economy. This is just about rewarding wealthy Conservative donors and nothing else.

What is needed are wage increases, not increases to after-tax income for the top 1%.
So, your argument is discrimination against people that make good money?

Forum List

Back