if only other states would think like Californians

billyerock1991

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2012
By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times

Gun-safety legislation going into effect in California next week will allow authorities to seize a person’s weapons for 21 days if a judge determines there’s potential for violence.

Proposed in the wake of a deadly May 2014 shooting rampage by Elliot Rodger, the bill provides family members with a means of having an emergency “gun violence restraining order” imposed against a loved one if they can convince a judge that allowing that person to possess a firearm “poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself or another by having in his or her custody or control.”

finally a gun law that we can use

Gun-safety legislation going into effect in California next week will allow authorities to seize a person’s weapons for 21 days if a judge determines there’s potential for violence.

Proposed in the wake of a deadly May 2014 shooting rampage by Elliot Rodger, the bill provides family members with a means of having an emergency “gun violence restraining order” imposed against a loved one if they can convince a judge that allowing that person to possess a firearm “poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself or another by having in his or her custody or control.”

For mischief.

They're on drugs. There's no such thing as gun violence, it's an emotional term designed for politics. If someone truly is insane they belong in a loony bin, but that hits too close to home for the liberals.

I'm sure some of the fourteen dead in San Bernardino would have loved to have had a gun.

The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon.

Another "feel warm and fuzzy" law. Just look at cities and states with strict gun laws (Chicago)....they don't work. The left is clueless about...well most everything

The difference between Clinton and Cosby is that Cosby is black. I mean, we're talking Democrats here. Consider their history and current attitudes.

Thank gawd no one else does. That place is fucked up.
yeah maybe so, but if you're acting like a nut, and you own a gun, say by by to that gun ...
best law that could have happened ....

Can we do the same thing with voting rights for democratic voters? After all, you have to be crazy to vote democratic.

"Don't worry, we will give you your voting rights back 21 days later".

confiscation of private property for

thought crimes.

1984.jpg

yeah maybe so, but if you're acting like a nut, and you own a gun, say by by to that gun ...
best law that could have happened ....

Okay. So I'm outta my head and armed..... then 2 PD units show up and start banging on my door...... How does thst scenario end? Not well for the LEOs if I'm really thst dangerous.

Yeah, yet another tool for a disgruntled person to get even with their lover.

Of course no anti-gun judge would ever abuse this law. Noooooooo.

And the dupes think this would stop any person who really wishes to kill other people using a gun. "Oh, I was going to go to the store and kill ten people, but now I have this gun violence restraining order, so I guess I'll just stay home and watch reruns of the Brady Bunch."

I swear, if I ever wanted to try and sell a bridge to somebody, I would make sure it's a liberal, because they'll believe anything.

They're on drugs. There's no such thing as gun violence, it's an emotional term designed for politics. If someone truly is insane they belong in a loony bin, but that hits too close to home for the liberals.
But it's now the law.......

Yeah, yet another tool for a disgruntled person to get even with their lover.

Of course no anti-gun judge would ever abuse this law. Noooooooo.

And the dupes think this would stop any person who really wishes to kill other people using a gun. "Oh, I was going to go to the store and kill ten people, but now I have this gun violence restraining order, so I guess I'll just stay home and watch reruns of the Brady Bunch."

I swear, if I ever wanted to try and sell a bridge to somebody, I would make sure it's a liberal, because they'll believe anything.

Just tell them it's an organic, free range, no cruelty, repurposed, and union made bridge, you could get any price you asked.

Another "feel warm and fuzzy" law. Just look at cities and states with strict gun laws (Chicago)....they don't work. The left is clueless about...well most everything

This is my neighbor of 18 years who was not suppose to have a gun legally in California due to his mental state and ended up murdering his son... People will fall through the cracks, doesn't help!

My sweet Andrew

A Santa Clara County resident also spurred the law's existence. Los Gatos resident Carmen Hamady-Daou suffered untold heartbreak when in 2011 after divorcing her husband after an abusive marriage, he shot and killed their 22-year-old son Andrew and then turned the gun on himself. Ed Daou had been the subject of a protective order and was supposed to surrender his handgun, but gaps in the law meant local police were unaware whether he actually did.

Carmen Hamady-Daou vowed to honor her son's memory by instilling change and turned to the District Attorney's Office and Alquist, who gave her blessing to the cause.

Santa Clara County: Authorities key in on gun-control policy as annual domestic-violence report released

But it's now the law.......
Yep. Perfectly legal. People should vote in conservatives, leave or love it. People are not free to oppose the law on their moral grounds.

Yep. Perfectly legal. People should vote in conservatives, leave or love it. People are not free to oppose the law on their moral grounds.

The American People have a DUTY to oppose immoral laws. We judt hsve to ve prepared to deal with the consequences of doing so.

Forum List

Back