If Obamacare is so great why are there no insurers backing it and

I wonder how many insurance companies are strongly backing repeal?

Insurance companies will be just fine either way. This is not about insurance companies, this is about a government takeover of 1/6 of the economy.

But it's not a pure takeover. The insurance companies are being asked (some would argue that they are doing the asking) to "partner" with government. They get guaranteed profits and the government gets their fingers in our health care. Win/win. They can even pretend it's somehow "market based".

I wonder how many insurance companies are strongly backing repeal?

Insurance companies will be just fine either way. This is not about insurance companies, this is about a government takeover of 1/6 of the economy.

But it's not a pure takeover. The insurance companies are being asked (some would argue that they are doing the asking) to "partner" with government. They get guaranteed profits and the government gets their fingers in our health care. Win/win. They can even pretend it's somehow "market based".

sadly congressional bribery decides most of our social policy. Not one member of the house or senate has even mentioned attacking the outrageous pricing of medical care or the raping of the public by big pharma.

term limits would help but as long as lobbying is allowed, nothing will change.

Time to do away with the insurance companies. They're just "death panels" that aren't subject to being voted out. Single payer, NOW!

are you crazy. Do you want all medical care to look like the VA? Damn, I cannot believe how ignorant you liberals are.

The VA gives excellent care. That's not the problem. The problem is the system is overwhelmed by 15 years of the US being perpetual involved in shooting wars and by the failure of successive Republican Budgets to properly fund health care for veterans.

The problem isn't the quality of care, its access to it. Republicans are big in sending soldiers into war, but then reneg on their promises to care for them when they're injured. They'd rather dump them into the general care of private insurance companies even though their injuries are better treated by the specialized services the VA provides, which public hospitals don't have the skills or expertise to treat.

Every time I see a commercial for the Wounded Warrior Project, it makes me angry. Why do these brave men and women have to beg for money for assistance and services for their injuries? It's so wrong on every level.

how does Obamacare work without insurers

When you figure this out, let Obama know because he has no idea

How is it possible that RWNJs still don't understand how ObamaCares works and how their own health is forfeit by the Rs they vote for?

And why can't they find the ObamaCares forum?

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
No one knows how Obummacare works, because it is not working, it is failing miserably

Time to do away with the insurance companies. They're just "death panels" that aren't subject to being voted out. Single payer, NOW!
The insurance companies pay more reimbursements then Medicare/Medicaid.

are you crazy. Do you want all medical care to look like the VA? Damn, I cannot believe how ignorant you liberals are.

The VA gives excellent care. That's not the problem. The problem is the system is overwhelmed by 15 years of the US being perpetual involved in shooting wars and by the failure of successive Republican Budgets to properly fund health care for veterans.

The problem isn't the quality of care, its access to it. Republicans are big in sending soldiers into war, but then reneg on their promises to care for them when they're injured. They'd rather dump them into the general care of private insurance companies even though their injuries are better treated by the specialized services the VA provides, which public hospitals don't have the skills or expertise to treat.

Every time I see a commercial for the Wounded Warrior Project, it makes me angry. Why do these brave men and women have to beg for money for assistance and services for their injuries? It's so wrong on every level.

What do you know about the VA? If you do go to one, then it must be one of the good ones like Albuquerque. Just took forever to get an appointment, and I had to drive 350 miles one way to see them. And because I am not service connected, they would help with lodging. Other than that it was great.

However, while the one I go to here can get me in 1 or 2 days. They doctors suck a green weenie. They used to have a few good ones but they can't hang on to them.

I've told the story a couple of time that I fought the VA for over 18 months try to get my blood pressure down. They kept adding pills (without doing away with any) and upping doses unitl it go to the point that it was physically effecting me without lower my blood pressure much. I finally went to a civilian doctor and he got it down to safe levels inside of 3 months with 2 pills. Even cost me less with $9.00 copay's at the VA, I was spending less for 2 med's than I was than I was for 5 with the gov. At the private pharmacy I am spending $5.00 for one, and $12.00 for the other.

I want all healthcare to look like France, or Japan, or Sweden.

Then you are an idiot. I have been to those countries, I want no part of government run medicine. Are you anxious to pay 65% of your income to the government? That's what they pay in those countries that you admire so much.

Well to bad, I would rather gov (Dems) than just insurance companies. GOP, one size does not fit all, yes it does when it comes to healthcare.

I want all healthcare to look like France, or Japan, or Sweden.

Then you are an idiot. I have been to those countries, I want no part of government run medicine. Are you anxious to pay 65% of your income to the government? That's what they pay in those countries that you admire so much.

Well to bad, I would rather gov (Dems) than just insurance companies. GOP, one size does not fit all, yes it does when it comes to healthcare.

obamacare is the classic one size fits all. It requires single males to by a policy that includes maternity and child care coverage. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about and are a victim of left wing indoctrination.
Can you even understand her blathering?

Insurers want to make as much money as possible, off YOU, that's why.
Again...insurance companies pay more in reimbursements than the government does.

lol. The government pays out of taxpayer revenues. What it doesn't pay remains in the treasury, IOW, still in the possession of the taxpayers.

What insurance companies don't pay out stays with the insurance company. Gone forever.

Again...insurance companies pay more in reimbursements than the government does.

Are you claiming that the medical loss ratio is better at private insurance companies than it is with Medicare?
I'm saying that the government not only denies more claims....they also pay less in reimbursements to cover patients hospital/ doctor bills.

lol. The government pays out of taxpayer revenues. What it doesn't pay remains in the treasury, IOW, still in the possession of the taxpayers.

What insurance companies don't pay out stays with the insurance company. Gone forever.
Patients pay more out of pocket when they rely on the government unless they have a secondary insurance provider lined up.

We definitely need a new crop of conservative posters around here.

Yeah, the current ones keep destroying you on a daily basis. I understand why you want new ones, problem is that they would also destroy you because your left wing ideology is a fraud and a hoax.

Did the Democrats un-constitutionally exempt themselves, and they alone, from the ACA?

No republicans voted for ACA. So I guess you answered your own question.
3% of Americans get their insurance on the exchanges, and not even all of them are dissatisfied with their coverage.

Obamacare is not 'collapsing'.

some states and counties have no company offering ACA coverage. The ones that do are charging huge premiums and have huge deductibles. Paying 12,000 per year in premiums and having a 5K deductible means you pay 17K out of pocket before you collect anything from the insurance company. Do you really think that's good for middle class americans?

lol, and why would insurers offer that for less if they had their way?

they did before ACA.

If you could prove that you were healthy enough to qualify. As a career underwriter, my underwriting book was geared to reject about 30% of everyone under 65, including all pregnant women.

And where is Obama and which company are you CEO of again.?
Look up Rubio and don thecon etc who are doing their best to see it fails

The people who were dropped by their insurer because of Obamacare do not care who I am.

You got that fuckface

I wonder how many insurance companies are strongly backing repeal (not replace)?

Anthem is based in Indianapolis and likes it.

Anthem, Mike Pence's Home State Insurer, Likes Some Trumpcare Ideas

Though much of the healthcare industry is opposed to the Republican-led effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, one insurer based in Mike Pence’s home state of Indiana sees the GOP legislation as regulatory relief for the individual market.

Anthem WLP +% CEO Joe Swedish indicated some support for part of the American Health Care Act, also known as Trumpcare, in a letter to U.S. House committees last week. Anthem’s words about the GOP effort are in sharp contrast to opposition from other insurers as well as powerful health lobbies that include the American Medical Association, American Hospital Association and American Nurses Association.

Read the rest at link.

Anthem is even helping the cause by pulling out of counties across the nation. Wonder how the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association feels about that?

The people who were dropped by their insurer because of Obamacare do not care who I am.

You got that fuckface

Those insurance companies that canceled their plans first year or two on their insureds did so on purpose. Those were all grandfathered plans and they could have had them today, but the premiums would have gone up as insureds dropped off.

Forum List

Back