Why can't the GOP do healthcare???

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
What's wrong Republicans? You folks have has 7+ years to plan what to do on healthcare, given the chance, and now that the GOP controls both houses of Congress they still can't come up with anything they can agree on. Mitch McConnell shut out the Dem's from any participation, and it's still No Go. Can't blame the Democrats for this one folks, so what's the problem??
:boohoo:

The GOP cannot do health care because they don't know what it is they want. They only know what they don't want, which is a very lazy way to go about policy, particularly when you're in the governing party.

It's not that they can't. It's that they won't. Poor people may be the base of the GOP but the GOP hates poor people and wants them gone. Of course, the GOP hates others more, like gays and blacks and Hispanics. But the poor are in the top ten.

They pretend to deny it, but their policies tell the tale.

If Trump gets his way today: He told them this morning or late last night to immediately repeal ACA and take up a replacement later on. Immediate repeal would stop the subsidies immediately and many millions would be uninsured immediately instead of 10 years down the road. Just think of the domino effect if stopped immediately.

I must add I don't think the Senate will do it, they are beginning to understand he isn't a stable man.

I must add I don't think the Senate will do it, they are beginning to understand he isn't a stable man.

And the repeal has less than 20% support. Conservatives put themselves in a tough position; pass this "reform" and kick millions off insurance next year in time for the Midterms, or don't and have to account for their inability to do something to address this thing they've been saying for seven years had to be repealed entirely and immediately.

The GOP's new plan is to repeal Obamacare and replace it sometime in the future. Or not.

It's this kind of uncertainty that is destroying the markets. Not Obamacare. Not Democrats.

But Republicans. They destroy everything they touch.

Forum List

Back