If modern-day Democrats were like they used to be would you vote Democrat?

George Wallace ( D) Democrats
He became a member of the American Independent party, a far right conservative party which he was the nominee for president in 1968. Although he never joined the republican party he did support some republicans in national elections.

Last edited:
FDR was a totalitarian POS. LBJ was a statist.
No, I wouldnt vote for them. Or any other Dems. Of that time or now.
I am a REAL liberal. I have nothing in common with that corrupt political party.

You make some good points, but FDR did support unions, protective tariffs, increased standards for workers, etc.
He also included Republicans into his cabinet, so was more bipartisan than politicians are now.
But he did use war as a means of prosperity.

I don’t listen to or watch levin that much. For all I know he has praise Franklin Roosevelt. What I do know is he has been very critical of the Democratic Party in general he is another Republican who suggested Black people that the Democrats have a long try to control Black people. I don’t agree with that tactic just look at how many Black people vote Republican the numbers are not high enough.

I was saying that it was other conservatives on patriot radio such as Andrew Wilcow and Sonny Johnson who have made this incorrect viewpoint that Roosevelt was a racist. The point is it’s offensive to many Americans especially ww2 veterans.

The truth of the matter is that the clan was inclusive of Democrats and Republicans. It’s my position that racism was not a Democrat or Republican thing but it was a part of American history.

Hugo Black did not kill anyone. He was like millions of Americans at one point a member of the clan. It’s a part of American history and if you look at African history , Israeli history Arab history in many of these countries there is a controversial time. It was some of these israels who killed British civilians prior to 1948 went on to become Prime Minister‘s becoming the most powerful people in Israel

It is important to make a distinction because I don’t think Robert Byrd or Hugo black ever killed or lynched anybody what they are esteemed members of American history and of the Democratic Party. So they’re controversies are perhaps far less than the controversies of for example menchim begim or other Israeli leaders who were involved in killing other people. So it’s important to look at the whole picture. the Bible teaches us about people who led lives that were previously bad but eventually went on to do good things so I’m standing by what I’m saying and my viewpoint is Hugo black is what the Bible teaches us about a man finding redemption. So there you go there’s your counter argument and I think it’s a good one.

In a similar capacity if you look at the American Civil War you will find that the fact of the matter is that many of the soldiers even officers who fought for the confederate states would go on to have successful lives in the United States after the Civil War….that’s even more controversial one might argue than the Hugo black situation. So I don’t agree with the KKK of history no one does in America anymore. But yes there are many Americans Republican and Democrat to this day that look up to Hugo black …..especially people who go to law school for example. It’s a part of the woke culture to try and cancel people like Hugo black.
I agree with much of what you say.

I only listen to Levin, nobody else.

Roosevelt, the Democratic party and racism. Yes there, was much, on both sides. The tragic era after Lincoln was murdered is certainly telling of the struggle this nation went through.

Political strategies. The Democratic party repeatedly calls the GOP racists. The Democrats are busy screaming high and low, near and far. The Democrats are very busy rewriting history. Revisionist history where all us old white men are racists who in our spare time trample on women.

A strategy? Nope, if you listen to Levin you hear history being corrected. You hear a man defending himself and many others. It is pushback. We can not be silent and allow the lies of the left define who we are.

The woke culture? Cancelling Hugo Black? If we address the history of the Democratic party, defending ourselves against their lies, we are woke.

Sorry, nice try.

KKK, millions joined? Or was it around a million, with no official number? It dont really matter, does it?

So how many of the Supreme Court Justices were KKK members? With so many Americans in the Klan, all the Supreme Court Justices were in the Klan, or was it just Hugo Black.

As far as I know it was just Hugo Black.

What type of person joins the KKK? What was the KKK? Hugo Black was totally aware that the KKK was actively hanging black men.

The KKK hated black people.
The KKK hated Jews
The KKK hated Catholics
The KKK hated Homosexuals

Hugo Black joined the KKK, because he was one of them.

Christian forgiveness is nice, but nothing in the bible tells us to accept members of the KKK into our homes or the highest most powerful seats in government.

Yes, Hugo Black said he was sorry, but that kind of hate is not something that goes away, with an epiphany in the morning. The KKK was actively killing, before and after Hugo Black's, "redemption".

Correcting the Democratic Party's political strategy calling me and the GOP racist is not a strategy. It is a response to an assault.

Woke culture may try to cancel Hugo Black, well, it is hard to argue with them when Hugo Black is the target.

That KKK membership was not a membership in the Boy Scouts.

He became a member of the American Independent party, a far right conservative party which he was the nominee for president in 1968. Although he never joined the republican party he did support some republicans in national elections.
George wallace was the Democrat Front runner after winning the 1972 Democrat POTUS primaries in Florida & Michigan & others and was on cover of TIME magazine as “ Our Next President “ and well on his way to defeating NIXON until a Republican nut job in a black Turtleneck shot him

What type of person joins the KKK? What was the KKK? Hugo Black was totally aware that the KKK was actively hanging black men.

The KKK hated black people.
The KKK hated Jews
The KKK hated Catholics
The KKK hated Homosexuals

Hugo Black joined the KKK, because he was one of them.

Christian forgiveness is nice, but nothing in the bible tells us to accept members of the KKK into our homes or the highest most powerful seats in government.

Yes, Hugo Black said he was sorry, but that kind of hate is not something that goes away, with an epiphany in the morning. The KKK was actively killing, before and after Hugo Black's, "redemption".

That is way inaccurate.
The KKK was typical of all wealthy, elite, political groups.
They did not necessarily "hate" anyone, but wanted to keep their privilege, power, and wealth, even when not deserved.
So they did often resort to hate speech, but not to whole groups, but just organized individuals who threatened their privileges.
The KKK did hate that Blacks, Jews, and Catholics were organizing to become a threat to them, but it was their organizations they feared and hated, not all individuals who simply fit the demographic.

The real history of the KKK was simply people who wanted to resist the federal intrusion over state authority after the Civil War.

George wallace was the Democrat Front runner after winning the 1972 Democrat POTUS primaries in Florida & Michigan & others and was on cover of TIME magazine as “ Our Next President “ and well on his way to defeating NIXON until a Republican nut job in a black Turtleneck shot him

Southern democrats back then just were democrats because they felt they could not join the "party of Lincoln", the republican party.
They were actually republicans in all other ways.

If modern-day Democrats were like they used to be would you vote Democrat?​

1673266893217.png

NO!

I would like to believe that I would have mostly voted Democrat in the 20th century. ..At any time period In that 100 year history but mostly because of the 40s 50s and 60s with people like Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson. The way I saw that era was back in those days it was about the workingman. The Democrats were proud of America. We did not have leading Democratic politicians calling for the destruction of historical statues or rioting in our country.

Maybe some people might disagree but the way I see it is that the blue collar Man of the 1950s the steel worker was the ideal representation of the American of that time. It would have been a man with perhaps a family of 4-8 people able to send one or all of his kids to college ..We have changed so significantly here in 2022 we don’t have nearly as many steel jobs as we used to. And frankly the dynamic has changed the image and representation of the American family man has changed. The image of the Democrat and Republican has changed. The way I see it I Democrats and Republicans looked better and acted better in the 20th century then they do today.

Since 2020 I have voted for pretty much all Republicans. But I’m going to change I wanna see the Democratic Party go back to talk about helping the working class, universal healthcare raising the middle wage, supporting the police supporting the firefighters supporting the military. Opposing BLM opposing the view that America is systemically racist. I hope the Democratic Party goes this way but I don’t know what the future is.
It was the opposite for me. I was a republican in 60's and 70's because I liked their approach to a fiscally sound government. However, when support for the Christian religion became the unwritten plank in their platform and they declared war on gays, and other minorities, I was done with them. Never really strong on most democrat candidates but they were generally better than the opposition.

Although I describe myself today as a 'conservative', I also acknowledge that in my approach to social issues, I'm pretty much an FDR/JFK Democrat.

But the classic divisions between Republican and Democrat of the past -- with the Republicans representing big business and the professional well-off middle classes, and the Democrats representing those further down the social scale -- are pretty much gone now.

The apparatus of the Republicans -- their officials and elected politicians -- are still, down deep, the old-fashioned Party of Business. The one that believes if you can a refrigerator assembled cheaper in Mexico or China, then let it be. Or if you can get illegal immigrants to work for low wages and fear to unionize, then fine. But Trump turned all that upside down, and now these people fear Trump's mobilizing the Republicans' working class base against them.

The Democrats are now the party of the 'woke' college-educated middle class, and of the racial minorities looking for government action to improve their lot.

But the real change has been in our ruling class: the billionaires. They have gone global. In the past, the big capitalists all needed a state -- ie an army -- to protect their interests. So they were big on patriotism -- which also worked against leftist class solidarity. But now, they're indifferent to this.

So if woke lunatics want to force a Marine rifle company to have a transgender CO and a homosexual platoon leader -- with some compensation in the form of few nubile young women scrattered among the squads -- with the obvious inevitable effect on unit cohesion and morale -- they don't care.

And at the same time, the neo-con/neo-liberal foreign-policy-making 'blob' in Washington is acting as if the US were still a great military power, ready to whip the Chinese if they move to take back Taiwan.

This won't end well.

I'm pretty much an FDR/JFK Democrat.

Not many of those around these days. So much of the democratic party is controlled by the Far Left progressives, or so it seems. And the Far Right has a lot of influence over the GOP too; which extreme has the most power is probably a debate that won't be resolved. Over the last year or so, we saw some bipartisan legislation that the extremists didn't like but it got passed anyway. That's where I think politics is going to go, deals will be struck where neither side likes it but will vote for it or face an angry electorate in 2024 for doing nothing.

Although I describe myself today as a 'conservative', I also acknowledge that in my approach to social issues, I'm pretty much an FDR/JFK Democrat.

But the classic divisions between Republican and Democrat of the past -- with the Republicans representing big business and the professional well-off middle classes, and the Democrats representing those further down the social scale -- are pretty much gone now.

The apparatus of the Republicans -- their officials and elected politicians -- are still, down deep, the old-fashioned Party of Business. The one that believes if you can a refrigerator assembled cheaper in Mexico or China, then let it be. Or if you can get illegal immigrants to work for low wages and fear to unionize, then fine. But Trump turned all that upside down, and now these people fear Trump's mobilizing the Republicans' working class base against them.

The Democrats are now the party of the 'woke' college-educated middle class, and of the racial minorities looking for government action to improve their lot.

But the real change has been in our ruling class: the billionaires. They have gone global. In the past, the big capitalists all needed a state -- ie an army -- to protect their interests. So they were big on patriotism -- which also worked against leftist class solidarity. But now, they're indifferent to this.

So if woke lunatics want to force a Marine rifle company to have a transgender CO and a homosexual platoon leader -- with some compensation in the form of few nubile young women scrattered among the squads -- with the obvious inevitable effect on unit cohesion and morale -- they don't care.

And at the same time, the neo-con/neo-liberal foreign-policy-making 'blob' in Washington is acting as if the US were still a great military power, ready to whip the Chinese if they move to take back Taiwan.

This won't end well.
If by woke you mean appealing to minorities, it is only natural that one of the parties do so and it certainly is not going to be the republicans. By 2045, the majority in the US will be minorities

I agree with your statement that billionaires have gone global which explains a lot of the push toward globalism instead nationalism. When financial assets are spread around the globe, nationalism does not make any sense to these people. Although I'm not in favor of it at this time, globalism is our future, maybe not in this decade or this century but it's coming.

I would like to believe that I would have mostly voted Democrat in the 20th century. ..At any time period In that 100 year history but mostly because of the 40s 50s and 60s with people like Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson. The way I saw that era was back in those days it was about the workingman. The Democrats were proud of America. We did not have leading Democratic politicians calling for the destruction of historical statues or rioting in our country.

Maybe some people might disagree but the way I see it is that the blue collar Man of the 1950s the steel worker was the ideal representation of the American of that time. It would have been a man with perhaps a family of 4-8 people able to send one or all of his kids to college ..We have changed so significantly here in 2022 we don’t have nearly as many steel jobs as we used to. And frankly the dynamic has changed the image and representation of the American family man has changed. The image of the Democrat and Republican has changed. The way I see it I Democrats and Republicans looked better and acted better in the 20th century then they do today.

Since 2020 I have voted for pretty much all Republicans. But I’m going to change I wanna see the Democratic Party go back to talk about helping the working class, universal healthcare raising the middle wage, supporting the police supporting the firefighters supporting the military. Opposing BLM opposing the view that America is systemically racist. I hope the Democratic Party goes this way but I don’t know what the future is.

FDR did more than any other President in history, to undermine the Constitutional basis for our country, and to set the stage for further decline of legitimate Constitutional principles, and the illegal bloating of the federal government far outside the bounds that the Constitution had set for it.

Henry Ford was an infamous anti-Semite that inspired many other like minded individuals in the country.
Adolf Hitler was also heavily influenced by Ford's thoughts on the Jewish people & even complimented him by name in Mein Kampf.

It strikes me now as intersting, to note that one of Hitler's lasting contributions to Europe mirrors Henry Ford's to America, of turning the automobile from an expensive plaything of the wealthy to something that was affordable and practical to the common man.

FDR did more than any other President in history, to undermine the Constitutional basis for our country, and to set the stage for further decline of legitimate Constitutional principles, and the illegal bloating of the federal government far outside the bounds that the Constitution had set for it.
Roosevelt rebuilt America, and did it mostly with money he took from the ultra wealthy. Link below.
Average Americans did pretty good in gaining wealth and property and ability to send their kids to college at an affordable price. Along comes Reagan, lowers taxes waaay down again so the rich can gobble up most of the wealth again. Slick. Sad to see so many voters eat the shit the republicans feed them. They also scare them by bringing up illegalesl. Hatred. One of the weapons republicans have to win votes since they certainly have no ideas on how to make make USA a better place to live. Hate, their most important weapon.

There were barely any differences between the parties back then. A 1950's democrat is probably what i am today in 2023. Im not religious and i love the 1st Amendment.

If by woke you mean appealing to minorities, it is only natural that one of the parties do so and it certainly is not going to be the republicans. By 2045, the majority in the US will be minorities

I agree with your statement that billionaires have gone global which explains a lot of the push toward globalism instead nationalism. When financial assets are spread around the globe, nationalism does not make any sense to these people. Although I'm not in favor of it at this time, globalism is our future, maybe not in this decade or this century but it's coming.
No, by 'woke' I don't mean 'appealing to minorities'. The Democrats have always done that, because the minorities they appeal to are on the bottom of the economic heap.

The key fact about 'wokeness' -- the fact that will play the greatest role in bringing us down -- is a comprehensive disdain for the country and its history, and for traditions in general. [Let's agree that just because something is 'traditional' doesn't mean it's good. And let's agree that, like all other human tribes, the white American tribe has a nasty history -- not quite as brutally violent toward Native Americans as they were to each other, but bad enough. Acknowledging these facts is not what I'm talking about.]

As for the future of globalism, yes ... in an ideal future, the backward nations would advance economically and socially until they reached the economic and cultural level of the more advanced ones. The new generations would all share a common world language, the language of the dominant worldpower -- (although hopefully its written form would be pinyin instead of ideograms).

All the warring tribes would produce generations of young people who found that they shared a culture that united them -- and not just drugs 'n sex 'n rock-and-roll.

We would have extensive inter-marriages, lots of migration, a thorough mixing of the peoples, as we all advanced economically and technically. The old nation-states would recede in importance to the level of American states, or even counties.

Our colony on Mars would include Azeris and Armenians, Sinhalese and Tamils, Jews and Arabs, Han Chinese and Uyghurs, Ukrainians and Russians, Shias and Sunnis , Hindus and Muslims and Sikhs, Igbo and Fulani, Zulu and Xhosa , Kikuyu and Luhya, Tigrayans and Amahris ... and not because of some 'Affirmative Action' Diktat but simply because the computer picked the people most suited to colonize that planet, and the mix occurred naturally.

Right now these people kill each other, have killed each other, or will kill each other. But maybe it will stop someday. It's a noble ideal, and those who hope to see it are no doubt good people.

However, there is no supernatural being watching over us and guiding us towards a radiant future. Various European tribes have managed to merge with each other on the rich North American continent, whose nation dominated the world for 75 years. It would be provincial in the extreme to assume that this process will just automatically occur everywhere else.

The European tribes have stopped making war on each other, under American domination that is, leadership. We'll see what happens when the Americans finally go home.

Please note: I'm not happy about describing this reality. It's awful. But it's the way things are now. And there is not much America can do about it, especially since we're probably going to be having our own existential crisis not long from now.

Forum List

Back