If modern-day Democrats were like they used to be would you vote Democrat?

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
I would like to believe that I would have mostly voted Democrat in the 20th century. ..At any time period In that 100 year history but mostly because of the 40s 50s and 60s with people like Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson. The way I saw that era was back in those days it was about the workingman. The Democrats were proud of America. We did not have leading Democratic politicians calling for the destruction of historical statues or rioting in our country.

Maybe some people might disagree but the way I see it is that the blue collar Man of the 1950s the steel worker was the ideal representation of the American of that time. It would have been a man with perhaps a family of 4-8 people able to send one or all of his kids to college ..We have changed so significantly here in 2022 we don’t have nearly as many steel jobs as we used to. And frankly the dynamic has changed the image and representation of the American family man has changed. The image of the Democrat and Republican has changed. The way I see it I Democrats and Republicans looked better and acted better in the 20th century then they do today.

Since 2020 I have voted for pretty much all Republicans. But I’m going to change I wanna see the Democratic Party go back to talk about helping the working class, universal healthcare raising the middle wage, supporting the police supporting the firefighters supporting the military. Opposing BLM opposing the view that America is systemically racist. I hope the Democratic Party goes this way but I don’t know what the future is.

Last edited:
I would like to believe that I would have mostly voted Democrat in the 20th century. At any time. In that history but mostly because of the 40s 50s and 60s with people like Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson. The way I saw that era was back in those days it was about the workingman. The Democrats were proud of America. We did not have leading Democratic politicians calling for the destruction of historical statues or rioting in our country.

Maybe some people might disagree but the way I see it is that the blue collar Man of the 1950s the steel worker was the ideal representation of the American of that time. It would have been a man with perhaps a family of 4-8 people able to send one or all of his kids to college ..We have changed so significantly here in 2022 we don’t have nearly as many steel jobs as we used to. And frankly the dynamic has changed the image and representation of the American family man has changed. The image of the Democrat and Republican has changed. The way I see it I just Democrats Republicans looked better and acted better in the 20th century then they do today.

Since 2020 I have voted for pretty much all Republicans. But I’m going to change I wanna see the Democratic Party go back to talk about helping the working class, universal healthcare raising the middle wage, supporting the police supporting the firefighters supporting the military. Opposing BLM opposing the view that America is systemically racist. I hope the Democratic Party goes this way but I don’t know what the future is.
You ARE a Democrat.
You believe in collectivism & socialized systems/big govt.
The govt has no business in healthcare other than for the military or in setting wages for private business.
They have warped our free markets so they are almost unrecognizable.

BYW, the Soviets called the Dems useful idiots back in the day & for very good reason.
They enabled & supported communist regimes even back then

Mark Warner was the last dem I voted for because he was a great Virginia Governor and Gilmore who he ran against was a total jerk when he was our Governor.....What a turd Warner turned out to be as he has voted lock-step with the dems though he billed himself a moderate Blue Dog......Never again.

FDR was a totalitarian POS. LBJ was a statist.
No, I wouldnt vote for them. Or any other Dems. Of that time or now.
I am a REAL liberal. I have nothing in common with that corrupt political party.
FDR was a piece of shit. His stupid Libtard big government polices extended the Great Depression in the US for seven years longer than it should have been.

I would like to believe that I would have mostly voted Democrat in the 20th century. ..At any time period In that 100 year history but mostly because of the 40s 50s and 60s with people like Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson. The way I saw that era was back in those days it was about the workingman. The Democrats were proud of America. We did not have leading Democratic politicians calling for the destruction of historical statues or rioting in our country.

Maybe some people might disagree but the way I see it is that the blue collar Man of the 1950s the steel worker was the ideal representation of the American of that time. It would have been a man with perhaps a family of 4-8 people able to send one or all of his kids to college ..We have changed so significantly here in 2022 we don’t have nearly as many steel jobs as we used to. And frankly the dynamic has changed the image and representation of the American family man has changed. The image of the Democrat and Republican has changed. The way I see it I Democrats and Republicans looked better and acted better in the 20th century then they do today.

Democrats then were for balanced budgets, and they included sunset clauses in their social legislation, and were indeed opposed to trusts and monopolies. Today we have an 'Reagan economy' where most industries are dominated by effective monopolies and duopolies, hence no real competition keeping bad management and price gouging in check any more.

The GOP has always been pieces of shit for the most part, and murdered many Americans to force a corporate welfare state and rule by judicial fiat on the country in the 1860's, effectively destroying the Constitution, and haven't changed much since then.

Last edited:
How can America come out of a depression for war but not stop the depression with a fiat currency? The fiat currency of course controlled by globalist concerns.

That depends on which democrats you're talking about. If you're talking about their Southern wing which were the far right conservative wing of the party, That supported Jim-Crow slavery and segregation then no.

But nowadays it's mostly the far right republicans who feel that spot not democrat.

How they used to be?

Hrm.

Well, the party goes back to being the Democratic Republican party, one of the oldest ones in the country - if they held the limited government values of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison instead of wearing the skinsuit of their party, sure.

Since they're federal authoritarians worse than anything Hamilton could have ever dreamed up, fuckin' nope.

No. I was a Democrat up until the early 2000's. My parents were Democrats, my Grandparents were Democrats, as were my Great-Grandparents and Great-Great-Grandparents, and aunts and uncles.

Knowing what I do today about the Democrat Party, I would never vote for them again. They are still the same Democrat Party they've always been, going all the way back to the 1800's. They've just become more adept at hiding what they are over the decades.

Anyone who stands up against the 666 New World Order will be shot at, assassinated or politically trashed regardless of party. But yes, I would vote for such a person, but they most likely would not survive their term nor complete it.

JFK
Reagan
Trump

I'm Shocked that Trump survived Operation Russian Collusion Crossfire Hurricane COUP.

The slave owning Democrats, the KKK Democrats, or Jim Crow Democrats ? There are so many choices, still I'm not a racist so no voting for past versions of the Democratic party.

Back in the 40's and 50's they were the Southern Blue Dog Democrats...which became Republicans during the Civil Rights movement in the 60's. The only way to address issues like taxes, healthcare, and the environment....is to sweep as many Republicans out of office as possible.

The GOP has always been pieces of shit for the most part, and murdered many Americans to force a corporate welfare state and rule by judicial fiat on the country in the 1860's, effectively destroying the Constitution, and haven't changed much since then.
That is how you think of Abrahan Lincoln. Good to know.

Mark Warner was the last dem I voted for because he was a great Virginia Governor and Gilmore who he ran against was a total jerk when he was our Governor.....What a turd Warner turned out to be as he has voted lock-step with the dems though he billed himself a moderate Blue Dog......Never again.
Same here. I voted for Warner, the last Dem I voted for, because I thought he was moderate. He turned out to be a total sell-out to the left.

Forum List

Back