If Liberals/Democrats Still Can't See the Need for an ARMED Population, They're Beyond Help

What does it take to get the Left/Democrats to realize being ARMED is a critically important fact of life ?
Is 1300 dead Israelis, and 29 dead Americans (15 more missing/unaccounted for) enough ?

Maybe the problem is that leftists are afraid of guns, and too terrified of them to even touch them. My leftwing sister will not even visit me, just from knowing that there are 2 guns in my house. :rolleyes:

Part of the problem is the US education system, which is controlled by liberals, and which offers nothing about firearms or law enforcement. Kids grow up with no gun training at all, unless they receive it at home, which won't happen in liberal households, because the parents are just as gun clueless as the kids.

Generally, neither the liberal kids or their liberal parent ever spent one day in a military boot camp being trained about guns. Never spent a day in a police academy. Making matters worse are all the propaganda from the left that guns are more dangerous to the gun owners, than they are helpful. Whoever concocted that myth, must have been really terrified of guns. I have owned and carried guns for almost 60 years. I have never had an accident or got injured from a gun. Dozens of people I know have handled guns their whole lives, The total amount of accidents from them is > Zero.

Maybe we need to bring back the draft, or somehow get all the looney tune liberals out of our schools. 😐

You mention training. And that is a great place to start. But without that training a bunch of armed yahoo’s is more dangerous than the unarmed population.

Let’s say it is a normal day. You are at your local grocery store. You’re trying to decide between the Heinz and Hunt brands of Catsup. You prefer Heinz, but Hunt is on sale, and in Biden’s economy you need to save every dollar you can.

You hear gunshots. You reach for your pistol and try and figure out where the fire is coming from. A black guy wearing a tan jacket ducks into the far end of the aisle. He crouches down and fires two rounds to your right. Well you have your bad guy right in front of you. You aim carefully and fire.

Only you just shot the Bail Bondsman who was trying to capture an FTA. The bad guy escapes, and you are facing murder charges. Oh you might get off, you had no way of knowing this guy was a good guy. I mean, he was black right?

Situational Awareness, and understanding of the laws is vital if you are going to tote a pistol. And it’s hard for trained people. More than once cops have shot their fellow officers, and they have training, and theoretically experience. More than a few cops have died from friendly fire. Dispersing the fog of war, is tough.

So training is vital. But requirements for Concealed Carry or Open Carry are eschewed by the proponents of an armed public. They decry the requirement to go to your county Sheriff for a permit to carry. They denounce this as unwelcome regulations, and cheer “constitutional carry”.

So we have a bunch of idiots running around, with little or even no training. I doubt many of them have done more than pop a few rounds off at a range, or their back yards, or local woodland area.

What is hilarious, is you want training in the public schools. We can’t discuss sexual orientation, or reproduction, in Conservative run school districts, to protect the children of course, but we’re supposed to let Junior handle firearms?

Either they need to know this information, and all information, or they don’t need to learn anything but reading, writing, and arithmetic. Make up your minds will you?

1300 Israelis killed by Hamas
US had 48,000 gun deaths

Guess we win

First of all, Israel deserved those deaths and more ever since they killed the British peace-keepers by blowing up the King David Hotel and gunned down the UN moderator, Folke Bernadotte.
The reason they did that was so no one could stop them from wiping out hundreds of native villages like Deir Yassin.
The fact it was in 1948 is irrelevant, because decades later the Israelis still made that monster behind these crime, Menachim Begin, Prime Minister.
And Israel has never stopped wiping out native villages, just slowed down a little.

But your gun death statistics are not very useful.
Here is the reality.
{...
Though they tend to get less public attention than gun-related murders, suicides have long accounted for the majority of U.S. gun deaths. In 2021, 54% of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. were suicides (26,328), while 43% were murders (20,958), according to the CDC. The remaining gun deaths that year were accidental (549), involved law enforcement (537) or had undetermined circumstances (458).
...}

Murders are a reason for people to be armed more, not less.
And suicides are a personal choice.

You mention training. And that is a great place to start. But without that training a bunch of armed yahoo’s is more dangerous than the unarmed population.

Let’s say it is a normal day. You are at your local grocery store. You’re trying to decide between the Heinz and Hunt brands of Catsup. You prefer Heinz, but Hunt is on sale, and in Biden’s economy you need to save every dollar you can.

You hear gunshots. You reach for your pistol and try and figure out where the fire is coming from. A black guy wearing a tan jacket ducks into the far end of the aisle. He crouches down and fires two rounds to your right. Well you have your bad guy right in front of you. You aim carefully and fire.

Only you just shot the Bail Bondsman who was trying to capture an FTA. The bad guy escapes, and you are facing murder charges. Oh you might get off, you had no way of knowing this guy was a good guy. I mean, he was black right?

Situational Awareness, and understanding of the laws is vital if you are going to tote a pistol. And it’s hard for trained people. More than once cops have shot their fellow officers, and they have training, and theoretically experience. More than a few cops have died from friendly fire. Dispersing the fog of war, is tough.

So training is vital. But requirements for Concealed Carry or Open Carry are eschewed by the proponents of an armed public. They decry the requirement to go to your county Sheriff for a permit to carry. They denounce this as unwelcome regulations, and cheer “constitutional carry”.

So we have a bunch of idiots running around, with little or even no training. I doubt many of them have done more than pop a few rounds off at a range, or their back yards, or local woodland area.

What is hilarious, is you want training in the public schools. We can’t discuss sexual orientation, or reproduction, in Conservative run school districts, to protect the children of course, but we’re supposed to let Junior handle firearms?

Either they need to know this information, and all information, or they don’t need to learn anything but reading, writing, and arithmetic. Make up your minds will you?

Wrong.
I have taken CCW classes to get the license, and there was no legal training really.
The main they taught us was to not roll down the window if you are stopped by police.
But the reality is no one wants to shoot anyone.
And they are not going to shoot someone at the local store in order to try to be hero like you described.
The reality is that almost no one will shoot until they are directly threatened.
And even then it is hard to do.

The cops are the worst trained, since they are almost all ex-military, where they are taught to murder.
I have had cops point guns at me many, many times, and that is totally illegal and very unsafe.

The fewer cops we have and the more armed citizens we have, the better.

Wrong.
I have taken CCW classes to get the license, and there was no legal training really.
The main they taught us was to not roll down the window if you are stopped by police.
But the reality is no one wants to shoot anyone.
And they are not going to shoot someone at the local store in order to try to be hero like you described.
The reality is that almost no one will shoot until they are directly threatened.
And even then it is hard to do.

The cops are the worst trained, since they are almost all ex-military, where they are taught to murder.
I have had cops point guns at me many, many times, and that is totally illegal and very unsafe.

The fewer cops we have and the more armed citizens we have, the better.
I have carried daily ALL over California since 2012 and have had to stop in Stockton at 3am for Gas and wandered aimlessly around Venice Beach and Catalina Island and Van Nuys and been to Downtown LA and North Long Beach and Coronado and Beverly Hills and Santa Cruz & Chico ... and not once been even close to thinking about pullin my piece
Over the Years . “But it’s better to have and not need ...

Forum List

Back