If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

:eusa_think:

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," Hebrews 9:27

The common sense answer is written in the Bible. It doesn't really prove anything until you die. Jesus is waiting for you to die first and then face final judgement. What you have to understand now is that final judgement cannot be avoided.

"Oh, life is bigger..."

I had to laugh at this. The song is about unrequited love and being rejected by a girl.

As for the rest, people are going to believe what they want to believe until they change their minds.

Last edited:
And no one knows what that means because it doesn’t mean anything.
certainly not to one that employs what is meant to be defeated.
That would be you then.

That would be you then.

the religion of antiquity - the triumph of good vs evil ... as prescribed for admission to the Everlasting.

And no one knows what that means because it doesn’t mean anything.

you should someday learn to have content in your posts, it is you who have abandoned the religion of antiquity for the false messiah religion christianity - and are an avowed asshole ... good luck.

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," Hebrews 9:27

The common sense answer is written in the Bible. It doesn't really prove anything until you die. Jesus is waiting for you to die first and then face final judgement. What you have to understand now is that final judgement cannot be avoided.

"Oh, life is bigger..."

I had to laugh at this. The song is about unrequited love and being rejected by a girl.

As for the rest, people are going to believe what they want to believe until they change their minds.

Why?

Why does Jesus wait until you die? It's damned convenient that he doesn't act while we are still alive. Is it that he can't?

And for my next trick I will prove God doesn't exist because he doesn't strike me down...…….great stuff...…..wonder if God laughed or just shook his head
Probably complained about not being worshipped. He's a complainer.
The poetry in those ancient writings is beyond your ability to comprehend. Not because you lack the intelligence to understand it, but because you lack the objectivity to discover the wisdom. Therefore, you mock what you do not understand.

The poetry in those ancient writings is beyond your ability to comprehend. Not because you lack the intelligence to understand it, but because you lack the objectivity to discover the wisdom. Therefore, you mock what you do not understand.

they are not lapdogs for the forged 4th century christian bible, little difference between the two of you.

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

"Oh, life is bigger..."

is that final judgement cannot be avoided ...

christians, the false messiah religion, are nearly always wrong the final judgement is a judgement for all humanity that has accomplished the same persuasion, triumph for why they will be judged - for admission or extinction. without a final triumph there will be no final judgement and (most) all will perish. who have triumphed may be partial. hopefully.

Why?

Why does Jesus wait until you die? It's damned convenient that he doesn't act while we are still alive. Is it that he can't?

These are his words. "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," Hebrews 9:27

Because we are born of sin, you have been given an appointed time, and must die once.

Why?

These are his words. "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," Hebrews 9:27

Because we are born of sin, you have been given an appointed time, and must die once.

Those are Paul's words, Paul who never met Jesus (assuming Jesus existed)

And for my next trick I will prove God doesn't exist because he doesn't strike me down...…….great stuff...…..wonder if God laughed or just shook his head
Probably complained about not being worshipped. He's a complainer.

they are not lapdogs for the forged 4th century christian bible, little difference between the two of you.
As long as I am different than you that’s all I need.

"Oh, life is bigger..."

is that final judgement cannot be avoided ...

christians, the false messiah religion, are nearly always wrong the final judgement is a judgement for all humanity that has accomplished the same persuasion, triumph for why they will be judged - for admission or extinction. without a final triumph there will be no final judgement and (most) all will perish. who have triumphed may be partial. hopefully.

You may be a religious nut job if the religion of others offends you.

Why?

Whose words? Your invisible friend?

Why?

Paul is a good example. I hope I can explain this well.

I know you're not the OP, but would you do the same of shake your fist and curse at God and be willing to die? Except instead of being struck down like the OP, all you have to do is give up your current life? That may mean leaving a nice job, a lovely wife and family, a nice house, and your standing in the community, and going on the road to serve Jesus. Would you do it? It may not be as extraordinary as what Saul did, considering what the job he did for the Jewish rulers, but still would be something that people will be talking about for years to come.

We know the story of Saul who knew the Jewish law, was a Pharisee, and Christians feared him because he had the power to drag them out of their homes and put them in jail. He had the power to even have them executed. I think he first started when Stephen, an articulate Jesus follower gave a sermon that the Jewish leaders didn't like and became enraged. Stephen was to be tried on the spot, but his legal proceedings quickly became a mob scene and Stephen was stoned to death due to the anger of the mob. Stephen's robes were presented to Saul and he approved. The OP was willing to die, so would he be willing to die like Stephen? I don't think the OP would want to die like this. It sounded like he wanted Jesus to strike him dead for other reasons.

Anyway, this man Saul who was powerful and the scourge to Christians was met by Jesus in spirit and through a supernatural miracle became the Apostle Paul to the Gentiles. Saul was not struck down dead, but miraculously gave up his life for Jesus. Thus, Saul did not have to wait to be struck down and die. He received his own fate by giving up his life to follow Jesus. Can you do that? You wanted Jesus to act while you are still alive didn't you? Would you settle for something unexpected to know or get what you wanted out of this?

Why?

Paul is a good example. I hope I can explain this well.

I know you're not the OP, but would you do the same of shake your fist and curse at God and be willing to die? Except instead of being struck down like the OP, all you have to do is give up your current life? That may mean leaving a nice job, a lovely wife and family, a nice house, and your standing in the community, and going on the road to serve Jesus. Would you do it? It may not be as extraordinary as what Saul did, considering what the job he did for the Jewish rulers, but still would be something that people will be talking about for years to come.

We know the story of Saul who knew the Jewish law, was a Pharisee, and Christians feared him because he had the power to drag them out of their homes and put them in jail. He had the power to even have them executed. I think he first started when Stephen, an articulate Jesus follower gave a sermon that the Jewish leaders didn't like and became enraged. Stephen was to be tried on the spot, but his legal proceedings quickly became a mob scene and Stephen was stoned to death due to the anger of the mob. Stephen's robes were presented to Saul and he approved. The OP was willing to die, so would he be willing to die like Stephen? I don't think he would. It sounded like he wanted Jesus to strike him dead for other reasons.

Anyway, this man Saul who was powerful and the scourge to Christians was met by Jesus in spirit and through a supernatural miracle became the Apostle Paul to the Gentiles. Paul was not struck down dead, but gave up his life for Jesus. Thus, Saul did not have to wait to be struck down and die. He received his reward by giving up his life to follow Jesus. Can you do that? You wanted Jesus to act while you are still alive didn't you? Would you settle for something unexpected to know or get what you wanted out of this?

The OP is a moron. If you don't believe in something, you don't shake your fist at it and make challenges.

I know that Saul/Paul existed. Roman records clearly detail his activities and the cult he created. Spoiler alert: The Romans didn't like him.

Funny that the Romans, who were so meticulous about record keeping NEVER spoke of Jesus, not that one anyway, they executed a San Hedren 200 years earlier named Yeshua, but literally nothing about the Nazarene. Pontius Pilot wasn't in Judea during the supposed events, it all just seems a bit, well, questionable....

Ultimately though, I just don't much care.

There might be a god, I don't really know, but I do know that if there is a god, it's not the goat herder god, nor is it Gaia.

Last edited:

You might be wondering "Why the fuck did that go so badly for me?" Sometime in the future.

And yet here we are, five years after my challenge to The God of Abraham, and I remain one of the luckiest little bastards that I know.

Either The God of Abraham is completely impotent or He doesn't exist or the ancient Arab tales that describe Him screwed the pooch regarding how much He gives a shit about the people who worship him. A whole lotta Bahamians worship this God....

What? Was He pissed off about how their tourism industry is raping the planet and more than willing to sacrifice them for Mar-a-lago and West Palm Beach?

:eusa_hand: Give me a friggin' break!​

What do you mean "ancient Arab?"

The Arabs didn't migrate from North Africa to the middle east until the 3rd century AD, Islam didn't arrive until the 6th century.

I find it amusing that you wage war against something you claim doesn't exist.

If you TRULY didn't believe, you would ignore it.

What I believe is that those three story books originated in The Middle East. Those three ancient stories that still dominate religious practice AND conflict all across our shrinking world are a cancer to our further development as a free society.

I preach against The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an because I believe that the fewer people worshiping Him under ANY pretense or religion, the better for planet earth.

Between the Muslims wanting to kill those choosing not to convert and the Christians wanting to push their religious agenda in politics at the cost of freedom, enough is enough.

The Time to bury The God of Abraham and the ancient Arabs with Abraham and the ancient Arabs is upon us.

`

You might be wondering "Why the fuck did that go so badly for me?" Sometime in the future.

And yet here we are, five years after my challenge to The God of Abraham, and I remain one of the luckiest little bastards that I know.

Either The God of Abraham is completely impotent or He doesn't exist or the ancient Arab tales that describe Him screwed the pooch regarding how much He gives a shit about the people who worship him. A whole lotta Bahamians worship this God....

What? Was He pissed off about how their tourism industry is raping the planet and more than willing to sacrifice them for Mar-a-lago and West Palm Beach?

:eusa_hand: Give me a friggin' break!​

What do you mean "ancient Arab?"

The Arabs didn't migrate from North Africa to the middle east until the 3rd century AD, Islam didn't arrive until the 6th century.

I find it amusing that you wage war against something you claim doesn't exist.

If you TRULY didn't believe, you would ignore it.

What I believe is that those three story books originated in The Middle East. Those three ancient stories that still dominate religious practice AND conflict all across our shrinking world are a cancer to our further development as a free society.

I preach against The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an because I believe that the fewer people worshiping Him under ANY pretense or religion, the better for planet earth.

Between the Muslims wanting to kill those choosing not to convert and the Christians wanting to push their religious agenda in politics at the cost of freedom, enough is enough.

The Time to bury The God of Abraham and the ancient Arabs with Abraham and the ancient Arabs is upon us.

`

Why?

As I said, if you truly didn't believe, you wouldn't care. You make war against that which you fear, not that which you don't believe in.

What does G-d say about himself

Nothing.

:clap2:

My point exactly!

Aside from the three competing tales spun in the ancient Mid-East, there is zero evidence supporting the existence of The God of Abraham as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an.

The sooner humanity puts those stories in to proper perspective, the sooner humanity can get to the business of exploring the stars.

`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back