If guns are needed for self-protection, then who was the Oregon mass killer protecting himself from?

it is true that most pistols are not very accurate beyond 10-20 feet.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Finally, someone honest enough to admit that pistols in the hands of the average owner are not accurate.

And when they are half asleep and scared silly they are next to useless.

Only a fool believes the NRA gun fetishist myth that "guns are needed for self protection".

Finally, someone honest enough to admit that pistols in the hands of the average owner are not accurate.

Only a fool believes the NRA gun fetishist myth that "guns are needed for self protection".

you totally do not understand. In a life or death situation with a mugger, rapist, robber, etc. you are going to be within 10 feet of the perp, you don't need much accuracy at that distance. Without the gun you are dead, raped, robbed, or all three, with the gun the perp is dead and you continue living.

this is not about target practice, its about survival.

I just don't get it. Someone help me out here. And if you quote the 2nd Amendment, please include the part with the word "Militia" in it too, which would probably be the first time in your life you would do so.

You are a moron.

you totally do not understand. In a life or death situation with a mugger, rapist, robber, etc. you are going to be within 10 feet of the perp, you don't need much accuracy at that distance. Without the gun you are dead, raped, robbed, or all three, with the gun the perp is dead and you continue living.

If you don't practice you won't know what to do when you need to do it.

You are making up a Hollywood scenario that doesn't happen in reality.

Someone breaks in downstairs the alarm goes off they are running away as fast as they can. They don't even get with 50' of the bedroom because they don't even know where the stairs are. If they still climb the stairs with the alarm blaring and the their night vision destroyed by the flashing lights they don't know which door to open. They open the wrong one and they are taken out with a baseball bat before they can even see what's inside.

Someone breaks in downstairs the alarm goes off they are running away as fast as they can. They don't even get with 50' of the bedroom because they don't even know where the stairs are. If they still climb the stairs with the alarm blaring and the their night vision destroyed by the flashing lights they don't know which door to open. They open the wrong one and they are taken out with a baseball bat before they can even see what's inside.

I do practice, I go to the range at least once a month. If your scenario makes you comfortable, fine. we all make our own decisions in life, and thats the way it should be.

The scenario of a home owner defending him or her self at 10 feet distance is not a Hollywood fantasy, but a reality that happens all the time.

THe defender is often NOT asleep when the break in occurs. THeir is rarely an alarm with bright flashing lights.

I do practice, I go to the range at least once a month. If your scenario makes you comfortable, fine. we all make our own decisions in life, and thats the way it should be.

I don't practice much. The defensive line for me would be the stairs. An intruder is welcome to the downstairs and the safe under the desk.

If he tries coming up the stairs, where I, my wife and child are, all the accuracy I need is to keep the rounds in the stairwell.

My niece was an administrator at that school. It seems we are just about protecting gun owners, guns guns guns. Gun owners rights. I am not finding gun owners rights preempts my to exist because some whackjob can buy a friggin gun. Please.

You are free to choose not to own a gun and be a victim. Your right to be a victim does not trump my right to defend myself. Insane people intent on suicide and killing people exist in this world so deal with it. Evil thugs intent on raping and murder exist. Drug addicts half out of their minds intent on killing you if that's what it takes to get a fix exist. Sorry the world is not the utopia you wish it was.

Ironic coming from a paranoid gun fetishist.

Do you have a special collection of guns to "protect" you from the insane as opposed to the rapists which require a different collection of guns and how do you know which one to choose? Do you ask the intruder are you a rapist, drug addict or insane so you know which gun to use?

And most of all why do you spend all of your money on your gun fetish collection instead of just moving to a better location and/or using deterrent measures so you won't be faced with these difficult choices that will overwhelm what passes for your mind when you need to make that all important choice?

Oh wait! Your gun fetish collection is all about trying to feel like a "man" because of your other shortcomings, isn't it? You need to have the "biggest" gun fetish collection because otherwise you aren't a "real man", are you?

And no, you don't need to respond because we already know what your predictable response is going to be anyway.

Look shit for brains I never owned a firearm until my mid 40's. After an attempted mugging by a couple of black thugs I started thinking about owning a firearm. A year later after a home invasion I got smart and armed myself. The police didn't magically appear and save me from the 6 foot plus schizophrenic I found in my bathroom. Enter my home today and you will leave in a body bag.

My niece was an administrator at that school. It seems we are just about protecting gun owners, guns guns guns. Gun owners rights. I am not finding gun owners rights preempts my to exist because some whackjob can buy a friggin gun. Please.

You are free to choose not to own a gun and be a victim. Your right to be a victim does not trump my right to defend myself. Insane people intent on suicide and killing people exist in this world so deal with it. Evil thugs intent on raping and murder exist. Drug addicts half out of their minds intent on killing you if that's what it takes to get a fix exist. Sorry the world is not the utopia you wish it was.

Do you have a special collection of guns to "protect" you from the insane as opposed to the rapists which require a different collection of guns and how do you know which one to choose? Do you ask the intruder are you a rapist, drug addict or insane so you know which gun to use?

And most of all why do you spend all of your money on your gun fetish collection instead of just moving to a better location and/or using deterrent measures so you won't be faced with these difficult choices that will overwhelm what passes for your mind when you need to make that all important choice?

Oh wait! Your gun fetish collection is all about trying to feel like a "man" because of your other shortcomings, isn't it? You need to have the "biggest" gun fetish collection because otherwise you aren't a "real man", are you?

And no, you don't need to respond because we already know what your predictable response is going to be anyway.

Look shit for brains I never owned a firearm until my mid 40's. After an attempted mugging by a couple of black thugs I started thinking about owning a firearm. A year later after a home invasion I got smart and armed myself. The police didn't magically appear and save me from the 6 foot plus schizophrenic I found in my bathroom. Enter my home today and you will leave in a body bag.

Thank you for tacitly admitting that you are a paranoid gun fetishist who erroneously believes that guns are needed for "self protection".

Thank you for tacitly admitting that you are a paranoid gun fetishist who erroneously believes that guns are needed for "self protection".

I admit that you are a lying troll punk!

As she has suffered an attempted mugging and a home invasion, for you to try to dismiss self protection as a valid reason reveals you to be a lying asshole.

As she has suffered an attempted mugging and a home invasion, for you to try to dismiss self protection as a valid reason reveals you to be a lying asshole.
Now he's going to dismiss your post as evidence of complete failure since you were unable to sway his objective thoughtful inquiry.

Talk about a Hollywood scenario. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I disagree. Only a fool would believe he or she is any kind of match against a criminal with a gun when they themselves don't have one.

"I have always believed that it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. Our enemies are armed. We must do likewise." – Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey

Amen to that....

"I have always believed that it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. Our enemies are armed. We must do likewise." – Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey

Amen to that....
"I always believed that nobody needs a gun to defend themselves if nobody else has one"-Me

Amen to that....
"I always believed that nobody needs a gun to defend themselves if nobody else has one"-Me

Don't be a stupid fool, if someone comes at you with a knife do you want a gun? What if three large men come after you what then? Are you going to pull out your gun control advocate ID card and wave it at them? Morons!

Amen to that....

Yes, making law that makes guns illegal would work out so great. Look how well it worked with recreational narcotics.

I would want a bazooka. Or an atomic anti tank pistol. Please, how many people have come at you with a knife lately? Guns are the problem, not the solution. Besides, it's problematic if any of the victims at most of these mass shootings had had a gun, what would have been the result. But a gun being in the wrong hands, we all agree, yes?

Forum List

Back