If God made Man, did he make Neanderthals too?

I don't know why He regretted the animals and critters. They have been true to their meaning and have no agendas. Wipe out mankind. Leave the rest alone.

Which begs the question....if He "regrets", it makes Him more....human. Gods don't regret. They just "do". And the most important question is...what made Him regret? We are all way too much like Lilith...man and woman? If He regretted then, can you imagine how He feels NOW?

Like, who can say?

What it does tell is that becoming a "living being" and the creation of Adam from the 'dust of the earth' where many people sleep is not about the origin of the species..
Right, its about ignorant, superstitious people onventing origin stories using the intellectual tools at their disposal.

Right, its about ignorant, superstitious people onventing origin stories using the intellectual tools at their disposal.

No. It was a fairy tale written by Moses teaching children who just came out of egypt about the dangers of losing your mind to cultic beliefs and practices, the talking serpent a direct reference to the Pharaoh who wore a serpent on his head and practiced the magical arts, sorcery, what we know as mind control.

The Hebrew word for serpent, Nachash, is a noun and an adjective meaning snake, brazen, shiny one, and/or one who practices divination, the magical arts, mind control.

No. It was a fairy tale written by Moses teaching children who just came out of egypt about the dangers of losing your mind to cultic beliefs and practices, the talking serpent a direct reference to the Pharaoh who wore a serpent on his head and practiced the magical arts, sorcery, what we know as mind control.
Interesting take. Scholars now believe Genesis was written long after the death of Moses, I believe. It could be a a story made up by Moses that was passed down. It also seems to "share elements" with earlier creation myths. Also, i find it hard to believe that any of the abjectly ignirant and superstitious people around considered it deep metaphor instead of literal truth.

Also, i find it hard to believe that any of the abjectly ignirant and superstitious people around considered it deep metaphor instead of literal truth.

Of course you are probably right. The same damn thing happened to Jesus when he said 'eat my flesh".

Apparently you are one of those who can't distinguish the difference between a deep metaphor and the literal truth.

you seem to think they were all "abjectly ignirant and superstitious" lol even though the unknown authors were using what are now well known and widely used literary teaching tools.

Apparently you are one of those who can't distinguish the difference between a deep metaphor and the literal truth.
That's just you restating your claim in a childish way. I get it. You say it was metaphor. You are of course ridiculously wrong, and these myths are myths precisely because they were purported as truth at the time they were invented and sold to abjectly ignorant and superstitious people.

You, with the benefit of scientific enlightenment, find value in these iron aged myths through metaphor. Good for you. Thank the stars for the genetic accident of the time and place of your birth.

You, with the benefit of scientific enlightenment, find value in these iron aged myths through metaphor. Good for you. Thank the stars for the genetic accident of the time and place of your birth.

lol, you got that right.

If I had not come and spoken to all those modern ignirant and superstitious people out there the truth, the hidden purpose of God, and the wisdom of the Law would have never come to light.

lol, you got that right.

If I had not come and spoken to all those modern ignirant and superstitious people out there the truth, the hidden purpose of God, and the wisdom of the Law would have never come to light.
I'm pretty sure secular humanists didn't need your secular humanistic interpretation of the Bible.

I'm pretty sure secular humanists didn't need your secular humanistic interpretation of the Bible.

Pretty sure? lol....

But you are absolutely sure that one unequalled God is really a coequal trinity that diddled a virgin to become fully human and fully God only to say things that no one understood while partying with sinners and prostitutes and sticking it to the man until he was tortured and crucified so he could be eaten every sunday and high holiday because he loved the Roman world so much.

Derp.

Which begs the question....if He "regrets", it makes Him more....human. Gods don't regret. They just "do". And the most important question is...what made Him regret? We are all way too much like Lilith...man and woman? If He regretted then, can you imagine how He feels NOW?
Bear in mind that humans only have a human's understanding of God. Humans in that day attributed all natural disasters as an act of God, not a natural event.

Let's take a look at human nature. When disaster strikes or disaster hits a loved one, out minds, almost immediately takes us to regret--we regret all our own wrong-doings; we regret we didn't behave better. Further, when we make or create something of our own, the only reason we destroy it is if it doesn't turn out the way we desired.

One of the themes of the story of Noah is regret. It was not so much God's judgement of mankind, as it was mankind's judgement of themselves. They judged they were not living up to their potential--that they were doing things wrong. If they could see this in themselves, how much more clearly would it have been seen by God?

Pretty sure? lol....

But you are absolutely sure that one unequalled God is really a coequal trinity that diddled a virgin to become fully human and fully God only to say things that no one understood while partying with sinners and prostitutes and sticking it to the man until he was tortured and crucified so he could be eaten every sunday and high holiday because he loved the Roman world so much.

Derp.
It's an expression.

Diddled a virgin, huh? That seems like how an angry adolescent would choose to see it.

But I am certain that God so loved man that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Where do you get your strength from? Marx?

I don't know why He regretted the animals and critters. They have been true to their meaning and have no agendas. Wipe out mankind. Leave the rest alone.

I don't believe you and I have the same interpretation of Genesis chapters 1 and 2. Are you a fundamentalist per chance?

But I am certain that God so loved man that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.

That makes no sense. What justice? Jesus was an innocent man. Everyone is accountable for their own sins. There can be no mercy without demonstrable repentance worthy of forgiveness.

That's all on you.

Not to mention, Jesus was Jewish. He never claimed to be God. His enemies accused him of claiming to be God to discredit his teachings because even in first century Judea, just like in every nation today, anyone who claimed or claims to be God is insane.

In spite of your so called faith in eating lifeless matzos, made by human hands, for spiritual life all that you have managed to do is bring the name of Jesus into disrepute among intelligent people.

What a guy! I'm sure that Jesus is very impressed with your faith.

I am.

Last edited:
That makes no sense. What justice? Jesus was an innocent man. Everyone is accountable for their own sins. There can be no mercy without demonstrable repentance worthy of forgiveness.

That's all on you.

Not to mention, Jesus was Jewish. He never claimed to be God. His enemies accused him of claiming to be God to discredit his teachings because even in first century Judea, just like in every nation today, anyone who claimed or claims to be God is insane.

In spite of your so called faith in eating lifeless matzos, made by human hands, for spiritual life all that you have managed to do is bring the name of Jesus into disrepute among intelligent people.

What a guy!
24,000 written manuscripts and His resurrection say otherwise.

The host is not lifeless. The host is full of life. You have never experienced that life. I have.

The Trinity is mystery but it is not a mystery to be solved it is a relationship to be entered into. You have never entered into that relationship so you are ignorant as to the power of communion. I have entered into that relationship and have witnessed first hand the power of communion.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. You as of yet have not said who strengthens you.

Forum List

Back