Zone1 If God Is All Powerful, All Knowing, and All Loving, Then Why Didn't He Create Us To Be Perfect Like Himself

You should have countless examples in your life that you can reference that good comes from bad. Countless.
What is good that you imagine comes from bad? I don't believe that goodness originates from bad nor do I believe badness originates from good. I believe that mankind, with his free will is able to compare good and bad and understand that good is better than bad and choose the good. However, some people do choose bad over good. I wouldn't say one comes from the other.

If God has the power to do anything imaginable and knows all things, certainly He would have the power to make us to be exactly like himself. ..... and if He truly loves us, then he would certainly make us to be the best we could be. ..... If God created us to be perfect like Himself, then we would make perfect choices given that we are created to be perfect even as God is perfect. ... .
Too many "ifs".

Darn, How many are allowed by you?
One.

Because God opposing himself would be illogical and God is logic among other things.
Then either he doesn't have the power to oppose himself or he simply chooses not to oppose himself. I would vote that he chooses.
God is self existing. Nothing else is self existing. You aren't a god. You are one of God's creatures.
I believe God and all intelligence is self-existing. Either you believe it or you don't. No reason to further exchange opinions. Jesus said "Ye are gods" to whom the word of God came. I believe Jesus above you (see John 10:33-36 also Psalms 82:6). Yes, I am also one of God's creatures but also his offspring (see Acts 17:29).

So according to your logic there is a great reservoir of beings that have never been born and are waiting to be born?
Yes. I believe that God created our spirits from eternal intelligence and spirit matter. He later created Adam from the dust of the earth and Eve from Adam's rib and put their spirits within them and gave them the power to procreate their own offspring.

Garden of Eden. Adam. Eve.

Your logic is flawed.
Adam and Eve were originally created as immortals in the Garden of Eden, but outside of that they were not as intelligent as God, they certainly didn't know good and evil, they didn't have all the power, knowledge, and love that God has. So, no they were not created perfect in the garden and not my logic but your logic, is flawed.

God couldn't throw them into a fallen world without having them first transgress his commandments. Thus the state of the garden until they partook of the fruit and transgressed. Then their mortal probation began.

Last edited:
If I can remember, I will try to respond to posts address particularly to you with only one "if". You can remind me if I don't remember.
Don't worry about it. All of the "ifs" just make the existence of an already-established god even more unlikely. I don't think that I have much more to say on the subject.

God did create a perfect world, remember? The Garden of Eden. Your logic is wrong.
If it was so perfect, then why was Satan present in the garden tempting Adam and Eve? Adam and Eve as mentioned earlier were not perfect in knowledge, wisdom, understanding or knowing good and evil. The Garden of Eden was a place setup by God to bring about the fall of Adam and Eve so that they could progress to become more like God. Did God call a Savior before the foundation of the world? Did God place Satan on the Earth knowing full well Satan would tempt Adam and Eve? If God did not want Adam and Eve to partake of the forbidden fruit then why did He even place the tree in the garden? No, the Garden of Eden was merely a temporary state with a few built in gotchas to bring about the fall of Adam and Eve so they could progress to know good and evil and have the opportunity to choose good over evil of their own free will and choice.

Last edited:
What is good that you imagine comes from bad? I don't believe that goodness originates from bad nor do I believe badness originates from good. I believe that mankind, with his free will is able to compare good and bad and understand that good is better than bad and choose the good. However, some people do choose bad over good. I wouldn't say one comes from the other.
cycle of nations.png

Adam and Eve were originally created as immortals in the Garden of Eden, but outside of that they were not as intelligent as God, they certainly didn't know good and evil, they didn't have all the power, knowledge, and love that God has. So, no they were not created perfect in the garden and not my logic but your logic, is flawed.

God couldn't throw them into a fallen world without having them first transgress his commandments. Thus the state of the garden until they partook of the fruit and transgressed. Then their mortal probation began.
And proves God is capable of creating a perfect world. You lose.

And proves God is capable of creating a perfect world. You lose.
Of course God is capable of creating a perfect world. I haven't disputed that. In fact I have stated that God created the kingdom of heaven itself which is perfect. But the issue is not the perfection of a world but the perfection of beings. Adam and Eve were not perfect in the Garden of Eden and did not have a perfect understanding of good and evil. If Adam and Eve were perfect, they would not have fallen but would have chosen never to disobey God's commandments. They were not like God in knowledge, wisdom, understanding, etc. etc.

The Impotent Love Their Imaginary Omnipotent

Theists always beg the question, as in "God wouldn't let us believe in Him if He didn't exist." All their other answers could be applied to the existence and actions of Santa Claus.

A political example of Begging the Question: in Marbury v Madison, the SCROTUS interpreted the Constitution as giving them the right to interpret the Constitution.

If it was so perfect, then why was Satan present in the garden tempting Adam and Eve? Adam and Eve as mentioned earlier were not perfect in knowledge, wisdom, understanding or knowing good and evil. The Garden of Eden was a place setup by God to bring about the fall of Adam and Eve so that they could progress to become more like God. Did God call a Savior before the foundation of the world? Did God place Satan on the Earth knowing full well Satan would tempt Adam and Eve? If God did not want Adam and Eve to partake of the forbidden fruit then why did He even place the tree in the garden? No, the Garden of Eden was merely a temporary state with a few built in gotchas to bring about the fall of Adam and Eve so they could progress to know good and evil and have the opportunity to choose good over evil of their own free will and choice.
Scheherezade's Backstory

Whoever wrote Genesis obviously had had a bad experience with what his sex drive led him into. That's an indication that it was repressed before it suddenly overwhelmed him, the old "pig out after being forced to be hungry" syndrome. I went through that in Vietnam after going without food for three days.

Then either he doesn't have the power to oppose himself or he simply chooses not to oppose himself. I would vote that he chooses.

I believe God and all intelligence is self-existing. Either you believe it or you don't. No reason to further exchange opinions. Jesus said "Ye are gods" to whom the word of God came. I believe Jesus above you (see John 10:33-36 also Psalms 82:6). Yes, I am also one of God's creatures but also his offspring (see Acts 17:29).

Yes. I believe that God created our spirits from eternal intelligence and spirit matter. He later created Adam from the dust of the earth and Eve from Adam's rib and put their spirits within them and gave them the power to procreate their own offspring.

You take the Genesis stories literally?

Most of Psalms was borrowed from the Ugarit.

Vaticinium ex eventu (Classical Latin: [wäːt̪ɪˈkɪnɪ. ʊ̃ˑ ɛks eːˈwɛn̪t̪uː], "prophecy from the event") or post eventum ("after the event") is a technical theological or historiographical term referring to a prophecy written after the author already had information about the events being "foretold".
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
Vaticinium ex eventu - Wikipedia

According to Sumerian literature, this island/land was brought up from earth by the sun-god Utu and turned into a veritable garden of the gods. Apparently, from the garden (Dilmun) in Sumerian myth, it was a place created by god(s) for gods.Jan 12, 2018
World History Encyclopedia › Gar...
Garden of Eden - World History Encyclopedia

Dilmun, Sumerian name of an ancient independent kingdom that flourished c. 2000 bce, centred on Bahrain Island in the Persian Gulf. Dilmun is mentioned as a commercial centre in Sumerian economic texts of the late 4th millennium bce, when it was a transshipment point for goods between Sumer and the Indus Valley.
Encyclopedia Britannica › place
Dilmun | Bahrain, Location, & Map - Britannica

KJV The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
What does John 10:33 mean? | BibleRef.com

They threatened to stone Jesus for making himself a God.

Forum List

Back