If Florida Were A Nation, U.S. Would Consider A COVID Travel Ban: Doc

Florida was once a Republic. At least part of it. The Republic of West Florida. Those were the good ole days.

This was our flag:

1628614065618.png

Bonnie Blue Flag

This first evidence of the Bonnie Blue flag was noted in 1810, used to represent the Republic of West Florida. At the time, it was a republic of English-speaking inhabitants living within parts of Louisiana, east of the Mississippi River who rebelled against the reign of the Spanish government and overthrew Spain's Governor. Though the republic's independence at the time barely lasted three months, dissolved after the annexation of Louisiana's portion of disputed land, the tenacity and courageousness of this group live on in this historic, accurate recreation of the flag flown at that time.

Florida was once a Republic. At least part of it. The Republic of West Florida. Those were the good ole days.

This was our flag:

View attachment 523909

Bonnie Blue Flag

This first evidence of the Bonnie Blue flag was noted in 1810, used to represent the Republic of West Florida. At the time, it was a republic of English-speaking inhabitants living within parts of Louisiana, east of the Mississippi River who rebelled against the reign of the Spanish government and overthrew Spain's Governor. Though the republic's independence at the time barely lasted three months, dissolved after the annexation of Louisiana's portion of disputed land, the tenacity and courageousness of this group live on in this historic, accurate recreation of the flag flown at that time.
Thanks but, who gives a shit ?

Something else about Florida that most people don't know.

We invented Chili. Our Texas friends like to make the claim but they not historically correct.

The first Chili recipe was found in the archives of St Augustine, the oldest city in North America.

My wife got her Master's degree in Education from the University of Florida and wrote a thesis on early life in St Augustine. She minored in Florida history. In doing her research she found a recipe that had meat, chilis and cumin in it. The basis for all chili recipes. Long before there was a Mexico or a Texas. It is noted in her thesis that is in the library at the university. I doubt any Texan that claimed Texas invented chili ever did the proper research.

Last edited:

“The viral load in Florida is so high right now, there are really only two places on the planet where it’s higher” — Louisiana and Botswana, Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a professor at the George Washington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, said on CNN Sunday.

Its a good job that Florida has such a responsible governor who is taking every protective measure to protect people..

That's the difference between the U.S. and England.

We expect people will behave sensibly without being told when to go to the bathroom or hold garden parties.

STFU, narc.

Something else about Florida that most people don't know.

We invented Chili. Our Texas friends like to make the claim but they not historically correct.

The first Chili recipe was found in the archives of St Augustine, the oldest city in North America.

My wife got her Master's degree in Education from the University of Florida and wrote a thesis on early life in St Augustine. She minored in Florida history. In doing her research she found a recipe that had meat, chilis and cumin in it. The basis for all chili recipes. Long before there was a Mexico or a Texas. It is noted in her thesis that is in the library at the university. I doubt any Texan that claimed Texas was invented chili ever did the proper research.

Gee, thanks for the ever so important Floriduh history Flash. It will make your Governor look even smarter! :laugh2:

Gee, thanks for the ever so important Floriduh history Flash. It will make your Governor look even smarter! :laugh2:
You being from a country that takes pleasure in eating sheep innards you obviously have no appreciation of the cultural significance of chili.

You being from a country that takes pleasure in eating sheep innards you obviously have no appreciation of the cultural significance of chili.

Okay - I feel so edjumukated. Your idiot governor and the one in Texas should go to war over it! :D

Who first made chili?

According to an old Southwestern Native American legend and tale (several modern writer have documented – or maybe just passed along) it is said that the first recipe for chili con carne was put on paper in the 17th century by a beautiful nun, Sister Mary of Agreda of Spain.

The modern dish we know as chili, also known as chili con carne (chili with meat), does appear to have roots in the American West, particularly the State of Texas. An old legend holds that immigrants from the Canary Islands brought a recipe for chili with them when they settled San Antonio in the early 1700s.

Okay - I feel so edjumukated. Your idiot governor and the one in Texas should go to war over it! :D

Who first made chili?

According to an old Southwestern Native American legend and tale (several modern writer have documented – or maybe just passed along) it is said that the first recipe for chili con carne was put on paper in the 17th century by a beautiful nun, Sister Mary of Agreda of Spain.

The modern dish we know as chili, also known as chili con carne (chili with meat), does appear to have roots in the American West, particularly the State of Texas. An old legend holds that immigrants from the Canary Islands brought a recipe for chili with them when they settled San Antonio in the early 1700s.

Probably those Spanish settlers in St Augustine brought Sister's Mary's recipe with them. Or invented it on their own. Meat was available and also native chilis. They would have brought cumin with them as it was widely used spice during that time.

I know folk who go there every year, they love it. They are giving it a miss until it is safe.
There are a lot of Floridians who will be happy to hear the “snowbirds” are staying away this year. I don’t feel that way as I realize tourists help me live in a state with no income taxes.

However many times in Florida while sitting in a traffic jam I have look around and realized that most of the cars stuck with me come from Ohio and Michigan.

“The viral load in Florida is so high right now, there are really only two places on the planet where it’s higher” — Louisiana and Botswana, Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a professor at the George Washington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, said on CNN Sunday.

Its a good job that Florida has such a responsible governor who is taking every protective measure to protect people..
Biden was handed a covid situation that was under control. Then he screwed it up, like everything else he has for 50 years.

DeSantis is a possible future republican candidate for President If for some reason Trump doesn’t run or VP if he does.

In a month or so we will know if DeSantis made the right decision. Last year he made the right decisions and handled the COVID-19 crisis well. The delta variation may be more of a problem and DeSantis may be forced to change tactics which would ruin his presidential chances.

In passing it might help if Biden closed the damn Mexican border. A high percentage of illegal immigrants Biden is shipping all over this nation have COVID-19 or one of its variations or have been exposed to them.

To show you the sheer stupidity of Biden’s Mexican border policy the Canadian border is closed for Canadian tourists because of the coronavirus But the Mexican border is basically open.

How do we know when Democrats are lying about covid?

Whenever they say the word covid, they are lying.....

And if Texas were a nation, we would ban all travel to and from the left coast and the North East U.S., as well as a trade embargo. We can't support communist regimes.

Forum List

Back