If capitalism works why are you all getting government handouts ?

I consider it a rebate of income illegally confiscated before I even receive it. Even with a second stimulus check, the government still has several thousand dollars of my income "after" my tax refund came.
Those that have no tax liability after receiving their refund shouldn't get the money.
It’s most ironic that our government and the Fed bailout big business to the tune of trillions, yet no one says this is a disincentive to work. However, they do say this for the working class.

Republicans call the $600 unemployment boost a disincentive to work. Many experts disagree
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/03/is-...a-disincentive-to-work-no-economists-say.html
$600 a week is $15 an hour. Let’s pay congress $15 an hour till they pass this fking measure.
Perfect!

Why would a US corporation pay US taxes on income earned in their UK or Japanese subsidiary?
Ask the Navy, Kulak:auiqs.jpg:
W5ZNCRH4HJHC7OAAYB7Y5KETWQ.JPG

The enduring case for American naval power

The Democrats have had the wrong policies, and they have hurt so many because of their wrongheadedness, and to the point that we can't even reference the Democrat periods in respect to the future, and do it from within the future once we get there.
Over the last thirty years, I struggle to find any significant differences between Republicans and Democrats on policy issues except for wedge concerns like abortion and guns:

Republicans vs Democrats: Two Neoliberal War Parties With the same Economic and Foreign Policies - Islam Times

"What did Bill Clinton actually do policy-wise that ever betrayed Republican political values?

"He certainly had earlier clearly proved his national security bonafides to the Republican establishment.

"Bill Clinton came to national political prominence out of nowhere, but only after having proved himself to the CIA and deep state actors of the Republican Reagan/Bush I administrations.

"He did this by playing a crucial part in the illegal and sordid Iran Contra operation.

"Bill Clinton performed a key role in that operation by warding off Arkansas State police investigations into the 'drugs in / guns out' Republican White House and CIA operation that was being run out of the Mena, Arkansas airport.

"Without Governor Bill Clinton running interference Mena simply couldn’t have functioned as the cocaine import hub in the government drugs for guns [Iran-Contra] operation.

"Quite a loyalty test, but one Bill passed with flying colors as evidenced by his rise from nowhere to the presidency."
Many words that only serve as a deflection.. Democrats are worse than conservatives when it comes to slam craziness surrounding their wants and desires in policies and in life, and the people know this now. If this nation somehow loses it, and goes demoncrat, then God help it.

/----/ I stopped reading at your wildly exaggerated claim that US corporations have the lowest corporate tax rates. FACT CHECK: Does The U.S. Have The Highest Corporate Tax Rate In The World?
Maybe you should just stop reading altogether since you don't seem very good at it?

Fact Sheet: Corporate Tax Rates - Americans For Tax Fairness.

"The top statutory tax rate of 35% in the U.S. is somewhat higher than that of 30 other OECD countries, but the average effective tax rate — the actual rate paid after deductions and credits — is slightly lower than our competitors, according to the Congressional Research Service (CRS).

"Several studies have found that U.S. corporations pay a similar or a lower effective tax rate — the rate actually paid — than corporations in other countries. For example:

• "Our average effective tax rate is 27.1% compared with 27.7% for the other 30 OECD countries, according to CRS.
  • Profitable corporations paid U.S. income taxes amounting to just 12.6% of worldwide income in 2010, according to the Government Accountability Office."
/——-/ “Profitable corporations paid U.S. income taxes amounting to just 12.6% of worldwide income in 2010, according to the Government Accountability Office."

Hey, dumbazz, they also paid foreign taxes on top of that. Do you have a clue as to what you’re talking about?

Democrats are worse than conservatives when it comes to slam craziness surrounding their wants and desires in policies and in life
a3940ea5aaf92ca4dcd4ecdb6d83e133.jpg

50 Ways the Democratic and Republican Parties Are The Same

"Both parties engage in and benefit from gerrymandering, the practice of redrawing district lines for partisan gain.

"In 2010, Republicans invested millions in statewide races to retake state legislatures for the purpose of controlling congressional redistricting.

"Since then, Republicans have created highly gerrymandered maps in states like North Carolina and Virginia.

"Democrats are guilty of gerrymandering as well: Maryland hosts some of the most contorted, gerrymandered districts in the country."

Democrats are worse than conservatives when it comes to slam craziness surrounding their wants and desires in policies and in life
a3940ea5aaf92ca4dcd4ecdb6d83e133.jpg

"Both parties engage in and benefit from gerrymandering, the practice of redrawing district lines for partisan gain.

"In 2010, Republicans invested millions in statewide races to retake state legislatures for the purpose of controlling congressional redistricting.

"Since then, Republicans have created highly gerrymandered maps in states like North Carolina and Virginia.

"Democrats are guilty of gerrymandering as well: Maryland hosts some of the most contorted, gerrymandered districts in the country."

on the other hand, there are no republican mayors ordering the police to stand down, so that murderous marxist led mobs can rule the streets and wage open insurrection against the government.

Hey, dumbazz, they also paid foreign taxes on top of that. Do you have a clue as to what you’re talking about?
How many paid $0 in US taxes?

Fact Sheet: Corporate Tax Rates - Americans For Tax Fairness

"Some corporations pay nothing in taxes
  • General Electric, Boeing, Priceline.com, Verizon and 22 other profitable Fortune 500 firms paid no federal income taxes from 2008 through 2012, according to Citizens for Tax Justice.
  • 111 profitable Fortune 500 firms paid zero federal taxes in at least one of those five years.
  • General Electric, one of the most notorious corporate tax dodgers, got $3.1 billion in refunds on $27.5 billion in profits from 2008 to 2012. The company paid less in federal income taxes in five years than a single American family pays in one year."

How many paid $0 in US taxes?

Fact Sheet: Corporate Tax Rates - Americans For Tax Fairness

"Some corporations pay nothing in taxes
  • General Electric, Boeing, Priceline.com, Verizon and 22 other profitable Fortune 500 firms paid no federal income taxes from 2008 through 2012, according to Citizens for Tax Justice.
  • 111 profitable Fortune 500 firms paid zero federal taxes in at least one of those five years.
  • General Electric, one of the most notorious corporate tax dodgers, got $3.1 billion in refunds on $27.5 billion in profits from 2008 to 2012. The company paid less in federal income taxes in five years than a single American family pays in one year."

every time a politician comes up with a plan to encourage behavior, by offering tax breaks,

he is creating a system that can be used to avoid taxes.

the problem is the politicians desire for total control, not the people playing by the rules to win.

on the other hand, there are no republican mayors ordering the police to stand down, so that murderous marxist led mobs can rule the streets and wage open insurrection against the government.

"At the federal level, both parties benefit from congressionally mandated single-member districts (SMDs).

"Last passed in 1967, this mandate requires that only one House member can represent a congressional district (except in Hawaii and New Mexico).

"According to Duverger's law, SMDs tend to produce a two-party system because there can only be one winner, which encourages voters to vote strategically for a major party candidate to prevent the opposing major party candidate from winning.

"There has been no major bipartisan effort to allow states to experiment with alternative modes of congressional representation, such as multimember districts (MMDs)."

he obviously made a point, one so strong that you felt you had to completely cut it from the thread, before you could "respond" to it.
What "strong" point was that?
You consistently raise this same issue without providing any details supporting your claim.

i don't know. you cut it. because you could not even try to refute it, while it was on the screen.

"At the federal level, both parties benefit from congressionally mandated single-member districts (SMDs).

"Last passed in 1967, this mandate requires that only one House member can represent a congressional district (except in Hawaii and New Mexico).

"According to Duverger's law, SMDs tend to produce a two-party system because there can only be one winner, which encourages voters to vote strategically for a major party candidate to prevent the opposing major party candidate from winning.

"There has been no major bipartisan effort to allow states to experiment with alternative modes of congressional representation, such as multimember districts (MMDs)."

so? what is your point? you made no point. indeed, i should report you for lack of poster content.

While reading through this thread from Tommy I was struck by something...I think it encapsulates the liberal mindset perfectly...Tommy was posing the question in the OP that because Conservatives, and Republicans in the United States should reject direct stimulus payments based on their ideological predisposition to be for reigning in spending by our government...Beyone the boorish, and binal argument that someone should reject what he himself would gladly take as well is just really nothing more than a complete troll of the board.

But, consider he made this argument in the OP, then some posts later when under attack for his own country's universal healthcare system, he said something to the effect that he didn't feel bad about taking free healthcare because he paid into the system so essentially he has already paid for what he gets...Now, as a taxpaying American, I pay on the average in all taxes effectively around 40% of my earned income to the government. If the Government wants to return a small portion of that money to me, I welcome it. I love the idea of being able to keep more of my money...

Now, if you are talking about going into more debt to achieve this, well, I am not too happy with that, rather than finding areas to cut to make it happen just furthers our borrow and spend problem, but at my level I am happy to use that money to actually stimulate my local economy.

As for Tommy, and other libs that seem to think that they are making a good argument when you frame their questions in the manner that he did, whether it be about the current stimulus, or using services that ideologically opposed, or anything being politically argued against that they want to spend money on, is obviously different in RL practice, rather than some hypothetical political argument...

If it were up to libs, anyone disagreeing with them would suffer, but, I guess they are shallow enough that this would make them happy.

Forum List

Back