If Barry Bonds isn't a Hall of Famer by the end of the day, it's a failure by the Hall of Fame

Gambling is forbidden because someone who bets on the game “may” be tempted to cheat.
Those who used steroids WERE CHEATING. They won games on HRs that were because of steroids. They got bigger contracts than players who were not cheating.

Today, gambling on baseball is widely accepted and players can place bets over their smartphones

I would not allow Steroid players until Pete Rose is in the Hall first
Major sports sold out because they are tied into gambling whether they like it or not and now have embraced it. There was a reason no teams were in Vegas for so long. We as a culture has transitioned into a gambling one. We are a long way from the days of the local lottery type numbers in many neighborhoods.

Baseball has been a cheating game forever. Corked bats, spit balls, nail files and the like

Drugs and booze everywhere
Thsts good evidence it’s as corrupt as the NFL.never thought of thst.

on that note of the NFL,Bonds,Clemons,Soso,McGuire,they got nothing on Tom Brady and Bill Belicheat in thst sport. they have taken cheating on a level thst makes all of them look like choir boys and should be barred from the NFL HOF,the people on here that make pathetic excuse after excuse for those two cheaters like mr sunni,are pathetic sorry excuses fir a human being hypocrites saying Bonds should be banned b those two should not..Bonds has nothing on the level thst those two have of frauds thst should be barred from the HOF fame in thst sport.I’m not even going to respond to the idiots thst defend those two asswipes thst have tainted the NFL tarnishing a great game.

the baseball HOF at least has a little better morals than the NFL.If they would get rid of the BS ban on Rose,then they would actually have much more credibility than the NFL.It’s laughable the people thst say Rose was wild eyed or whatever in his slide against fosse when the video clearly shows Fosse was blocking the plate and he had no choice but to plow into him yet he gets demonized for ruining his career. :uhoh3: Fossebrought it on himself blocking the plate.that’s all on him.sheesh.

oddball said it so very well Bonds should be banned,Pete rose should not.well spoken Oddball :thup: ignore the fools who say Rose is rightly so banned. Roids is what made Barry’s head ballon,thst pic of him with the pirates pre roids and then with the Giants post Roids is all the evidence in the world of roids,it affected his personality as well and he became an asshole.

you watch when he hit home runs as a pirate pre roids,he did not stand at the plate and gawk at his home runs and walk around the bases slowly showing up the pitcher,he went around them quickly and did not stand at the plate gawking at them,that alone should make him banned from the baseball HOF is unsportsmanlike like conduct showing up the pitcher.

Last edited:
If they get rewarded for using drugs it sends a bad message

Babe Ruth didnt use drugs and neither did Roger Maris, Hank Aaron or Ted Williams

those are the true greats of the sport who deserve to be honored
:thankusmile: :yes_text12:

Had he not juiced, and continually been a 40-40 club member, his place in the Hall of Fame would have been insured.
I think Bonds became a bigger celebrity at the momrnt and made mote cash at the time

only now does he worry about his place in history alongside cheaters and miscreants like Shoeless Joe Jackson and Pete Rose

At the entrance to the National Baseball Hall of Fame's plaque gallery, a sign hangs to help guide museumgoers through what they're about to see. The first paragraph talks about how players are in the Hall for "their accomplishments in the game." The next paragraph says other areas of the museum "address the totality of their careers." The final paragraph ties it all together: "The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum's mission is to Preserve History, which is what we seek to do throughout the Museum."

If indeed that is the Hall's mission, today is nothing less than an abject failure. Barry Bonds, arguably the greatest hitter in baseball history, inarguably worthy of induction, did not reach the 75% threshold in his final year on the writers' ballot. For the past nine years, at least one-third of the baseball writers who adjudicate such matters have found Bonds' use of performance-enhancing drugs to be disqualifying, and the revelation of Tuesday's vote is not expected to render any different judgment. He's not the only one, but Bonds' rejection, in particular, epitomizes how all these decades later, baseball is still bungling the PED issue, valuing a lazy, ahistorical moral referendum over the preservation of history.

They gave us everything we wanted. It was magical and we watched it. We didn't just watch it, we lived it with them. I will never forget the summer of McGuire and Sosa. The drugs don't work without the work. It's a travesty.
If they open the door for Bonds they'll have to open it for Sosa, McGwire, Clemons, Canseco and so on. Essentially, those who cheated.

I say no!

The Roids do nothing without the work.
You can work your ass off! None of that work will counter the effect of steroids in prolonging a career
allowing a piece of shit like Barry Bonds to whip his bat around in his forties like he could in his twenties.

He's right where he deserves to be....NOT in the Hall of Fame.

Letting Bonds in would be endorsing juiced up ball players and taking away from all the players
who didn't get their results from a bottle of steroids and a needle.

You can work your ass off! None of that work will counter the effect of steroids in prolonging a career
allowing a piece of shit like Barry Bonds to whip his bat around in his forties like he could in his twenties.

He's right where he deserves to be....NOT in the Hall of Fame.

Letting Bonds in would be endorsing juiced up ball players and taking away from all the players
who didn't get their results from a bottle of steroids and a needle.

Like with other juicers, someone hit all those homeruns and terrorized a couple generations of pitchers! :itsok:

And if Babe Ruth would have had access to "roids" he would have been stabbing his ass every single day. Like another poster said, "roids" don't amount to shit without the work. Bonds, McQuire, Sosa, they all deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame. I mean if we are going to condemn "roids" it is time we banned professional wrestling.
And if my Aunt had balls she’d be my Uncle.

When they start inducting Pro Wrestlers into the MLB HoF you’ll have a point

Bonds was HOF material before he pumped up in the last part of his career. The sportswriters are driving outside their lane with this bit of virtue signaling. If MLB recognizes Bonds' stats, that is the end of it. There is no asterisk. They are wrong to keep him out.

Pete Rose is a whole different issue. He was TOLD about gambling. Not only did he know what the rules were, he passed them on to the teams that he managed. When he had his final conversation with the Commissioner, he AGREED that banishment from MLB was an appropriate punishment for his blatant violation of the rules.
Did Bonds cheat yes or no?

Like with other juicers, someone hit all those homeruns and terrorized a couple generations of pitchers! :itsok:
And "someone" did it all with the help of an illegal substance banned by MLB.
Plus Bonds is a real self centered prick....but that's just icing on the cake.

He belongs right where his freakishly over grown skull belongs....NOT in the Hall of Fame.

And if Babe Ruth would have had access to "roids" he would have been stabbing his ass every single day. Like another poster said, "roids" don't amount to shit without the work. Bonds, McQuire, Sosa, they all deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame. I mean if we are going to condemn "roids" it is time we banned professional wrestling.
the 1920's....4x 50 homers were hit
1930's....4x 50 homers were hit
1940's....3x 50 homers were hit
1950's....2x 50 homers were hit
1960's ...3x 50 homers were hit
1970's....1x 50 homers were hit
1980's ....no one hit 50 homers
1990...12x 50 homers were hit
from 2000 to 2007 12x 50 homers were hit...so either the "roids" or the tightening of the ball or both resulted in this 50 homer barrage....
since 2007 it has only been done 5x.....

The funny part, I am not sure that Bonds really benefited from the juicing. He was a 40-40 club member from season one. Did he continue that membership as he started juicing? Had he not juiced, and continually been a 40-40 club member, his place in the Hall of Fame would have been insured.

And can you really blame him. You speak of following the rules, but did McQuire and Canseco--I mean check out the rookie cards of both of them, and then look a few years later. It was like, WTF? I mean let's be honest here, MLB had no damn problem whatsoever with steroids when it was putting fans in the seats and bringing viewers to the television. To condemn the use of them now is absolutely hypocritical.
barry bonds from 1986 to 1996 averaged 30 homers a year hitting 30 6x and 40 2x.....from 1997 to 2007 he averaged 39 a year....hitting 30 8x hit 40 6x.....he averaged 35 a year for his career...i feel the year he hit 73 he just had a great year....

At the entrance to the National Baseball Hall of Fame's plaque gallery, a sign hangs to help guide museumgoers through what they're about to see. The first paragraph talks about how players are in the Hall for "their accomplishments in the game." The next paragraph says other areas of the museum "address the totality of their careers." The final paragraph ties it all together: "The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum's mission is to Preserve History, which is what we seek to do throughout the Museum."

If indeed that is the Hall's mission, today is nothing less than an abject failure. Barry Bonds, arguably the greatest hitter in baseball history, inarguably worthy of induction, did not reach the 75% threshold in his final year on the writers' ballot. For the past nine years, at least one-third of the baseball writers who adjudicate such matters have found Bonds' use of performance-enhancing drugs to be disqualifying, and the revelation of Tuesday's vote is not expected to render any different judgment. He's not the only one, but Bonds' rejection, in particular, epitomizes how all these decades later, baseball is still bungling the PED issue, valuing a lazy, ahistorical moral referendum over the preservation of history.

They gave us everything we wanted. It was magical and we watched it. We didn't just watch it, we lived it with them. I will never forget the summer of McGuire and Sosa. The drugs don't work without the work. It's a travesty.

Barry Bonds couldn't carry Pete Rose's jockstrap, and Rose isn't in the Hall either.

If he doesn't meet the standards at Cooperstown, he should do what Rose did and get enshrined into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Hundreds of thousands of middle aged men are prescribed "roids". Why is it OK for those middle age men to be on "roids", getting injections every week, simply so they can get their pecker up, and yet it is absolutely banned that professional athletes, whose very livelihood demands on their performance, are precluded from using them? I mean yes, there are dangers, there are side effects, but WTF--let anyone and everyone use them if that is what they choose. I believe there is a word for that. Oh yeah, FREEDOM, that is the word.

And I notice, not a peep about banning professional wrestling.
Are YOU on some sort of drugs?

The funny part, I am not sure that Bonds really benefited from the juicing. He was a 40-40 club member from season one. Did he continue that membership as he started juicing? Had he not juiced, and continually been a 40-40 club member, his place in the Hall of Fame would have been insured.

And can you really blame him. You speak of following the rules, but did McQuire and Canseco--I mean check out the rookie cards of both of them, and then look a few years later. It was like, WTF? I mean let's be honest here, MLB had no damn problem whatsoever with steroids when it was putting fans in the seats and bringing viewers to the television. To condemn the use of them now is absolutely hypocritical.
McGwire and Canseco were juicing as rookies.

no matter what.....if he ever gets in he will have one of these * by his name....
Do yo think it will devalue the value of their playing cards? I think over time it won’t matter.

I remember a moment when our McGuire rookie cards were worth $1000. We should have sold them for $500

It's the ROIDS, dude. It gave him an unfair advantage.
Please, at least be honest.
They did steroids when they were getting old and beat up. Had they just retired, some other guys would have been called up to the big leagues but because they did illegal drugs these men instead never made the bigs. They robbed someone who wasn’t drugging.

Should that girl in the Olympics get a medal? She put in the work too. She didn’t just take drugs.

Forum List

Back