If an EV is in your future, keep this issue in mind

Yes of course I am well aware that for decades very small lightweight vehicles can do very well with those small batteries. But the typical auto ranges from 2500 lbs to over 4000 lbs.

Consider adding to all gas powered cars a weight from 1000 lbs to 4,000 lbs. It would be like loading 20 x 50 lbs of sand in your car to 80 bags of sand also at 50 lbs a bag.
You're barking up the wrong tree.
I just claimed that I have NO intentions of buying an EV.

Quit your Preaching.
Dear Lord.

You're barking up the wrong tree.
I just claimed that I have NO intentions of buying an EV.

Quit your Preaching.
Dear Lord.
Well I will be damned. Did you truly think you are the sole reader of this forum? I favor EV so long as it is not using batteries as the power source.

Of course and that why Hydrogen bombs do not ever work. Thanks to you for the lesson.

Do you understand that hydrogen bombs work on a completely different process, than any controlled use that we've yet been able to make of burning hydrogen as a fuel? Combustion is a purely chemical process. A hydrogen bomb is based on fusion, a nuclear process. Actually, a standard hydrogen bomb has three stages—fission, fusion, and another fission. Hydrogen is the fuel for the fusion stage.

It takes some very extreme conditions of heat and pressure to get fusion to take place. It's the process that powers our Sun.

For decades, scientists have been trying to get a net-positive form of controlled, contained fusion to take place. So far, this hasn't yet been achieved. It's theoretically possible, but we haven't yet been able to get more power out of a controlled fusion reaction than we have to put into creating and sustaining the conditions that it takes to make fusion happen. If we ever get to the point where we can get more energy out of a controlled, contained fusion reaction, than we have to put into making it possible for it to happen, and if we can generate usable power from that, it will change everything. Hydrogen would be the fuel for that, and we would be able to get much more power out of it than it would take to obtain the hydrogen to fuel it.

But is hasn't happened yet. Almost all my life, I've been hearing that we were probably within a few year of achieving this, but that's been for half a dozen decades, now, and we're still not there.

As it now stands, the only fusion reactions that we have been able to produce, where more energy comes out than what we had to put into it, end up looking something like this:

Castle_Romeo.jpg

I comment trying to get posters to come to jesus by starting to sift out propaganda and base decisions on facts.

It must not seem true based on my discussion but I actually have very long favored electric cars. But provided they generate the electric current while driving and do not carry very very heavy batteries.

How are electric cars supposed to generate their own current?

What do you mean by powered by water? Watching the video would show you the power was based on water with hydrogen being extracted on the fly and creating the electric current. I know pure water is not used in the motor compartment. Why do you still think I do not understand what Entropy is? It is simply not true. Your error is in thinking the water is what provides direct power when that simply is wrong.

Readers of this post. This is what Entropy is.

What is entropy in simple terms?

broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system. 2. a. : the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity. Entropy is the general trend of the universe toward death and disorder.Dec 1, 2023

Entropy Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

What do you mean by powered by water? Watching the video would show you the power was based on water with hydrogen being extracted on the fly and creating the electric current.

Right. Perpetual motion.

I know pure water is not used in the motor compartment. Why do you still think I do not understand what Entropy is?

Because you posted a video about a car only fueled with water.

Your error is in thinking the water is what provides direct power when that simply is wrong.

They use an internal battery to split hydrogen from water.
They use that hydrogen to power the engine.

That's the breakthrough to power our cars without fossil fuels?

Oh hell no. I support the poster who said here that he too supports hydrogen if the Demtwats stop opposing nuclear.

Well, if we must power our cars with hydrogen, nuclear generated electricity would be
the way to do it. Why you think that has anything to do with hydrogen bombs must
be your Alzheimer's.

Do you understand that hydrogen bombs work on a completely different process, than any controlled use that we've yet been able to make of burning hydrogen as a fuel? Combustion is a purely chemical process. A hydrogen bomb is based on fusion, a nuclear process. Actually, a standard hydrogen bomb has three stages—fission, fusion, and another fission. Hydrogen is the fuel for the fusion stage.

It takes some very extreme conditions of heat and pressure to get fusion to take place. It's the process that powers our Sun.

For decades, scientists have been trying to get a net-positive form of controlled, contained fusion to take place. So far, this hasn't yet been achieved. It's theoretically possible, but we haven't yet been able to get more power out of a controlled fusion reaction than we have to put into creating and sustaining the conditions that it takes to make fusion happen. If we ever get to the point where we can get more energy out of a controlled, contained fusion reaction, than we have to put into making it possible for it to happen, and if we can generate usable power from that, it will change everything. Hydrogen would be the fuel for that, and we would be able to get much more power out of it than it would take to obtain the hydrogen to fuel it.

But is hasn't happened yet. Almost all my life, I've been hearing that we were probably within a few year of achieving this, but that's been for half a dozen decades, now, and we're still not there.

As it now stands, the only fusion reactions that we have been able to produce, where more energy comes out than what we had to put into it, end up looking something like this:
Well said and totally accurate. I would have written the precise thing were I trying to discuss the hydrogen bomb. I am talking of water and extracting H from it.

Well, if we must power our cars with hydrogen, nuclear generated electricity would be
the way to do it. Why you think that has anything to do with hydrogen bombs must
be your Alzheimer's.
That is not accurate. I never said I think that is how to get electric current, it was about the bomb producing energy.

I actually have very long favored electric cars. But provided they generate the electric current while driving and do not carry very very heavy batteries.
How are electric cars supposed to generate their own current?

Let me come at this this a different way, Robert W

If you take an electric motor, connect its shaft to the shaft of a generator, and wire the two together so that the current produced by the generator is run into the motor, and start this assembly spinning, will it continue to spin indefinitely, with the generator powering the motor, and the motor driving the generator?

Can you take power off of this assembly, either electrically from the wires, or mechanically from the shafts, and use that to power something else?

Let me come at this this a different way, Robert W

If you take an electric motor, connect its shaft to the shaft of a generator, and wire the two together so that the current produced by the generator is run into the motor, and start this assembly spinning, will it continue to spin indefinitely, with the generator powering the motor, and the motor driving the generator?

Can you take power off of this assembly, either electrically from the wires, or mechanically from the shafts, and use that to power something else?
No you can't. But I have done this and can you tell the kiddies why it worked very well?
I purchased a Clausing 12" lathe to use in my start up business. It was in my home garage. It was 3 phase. My home had only single phase.
To get the lathe to run, I purchased a 3 phase motor and to it added a 1/4 hp motor single phase to start the 3 phase motor and keep it running. It worked very well. Once started the 3 phase kept running and the 1/4 hp motor was turned off.

What do you mean by powered by water? Watching the video would show you the power was based on water with hydrogen being extracted on the fly and creating the electric current. I know pure water is not used in the motor compartment. Why do you still think I do not understand what Entropy is? It is simply not true. Your error is in thinking the water is what provides direct power when that simply is wrong.

Readers of this post. This is what Entropy is.

What is entropy in simple terms?

broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system. 2. a. : the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity. Entropy is the general trend of the universe toward death and disorder.Dec 1, 2023

Entropy Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Watching the video would show you the power was based on water with hydrogen being extracted on the fly and creating the electric current.

Extracted on the fly? Tell me more!

Your error is in thinking the water is what provides direct power when that simply is wrong.

Watching the video would show you the power was based on water with hydrogen being extracted on the fly and creating the electric current.

Where is the fossil fuel in the water?

In accordance with Robert W's apparent understanding of how science works, here is a source of unlimited free energy:

View attachment 870649
You are talking at a person (me) that was very interested in electronics even at a very early age. So that is what you believe about me? I at one point considered a degree in electrical engineering. And you think my physic teachers taught me that?

Of course.

To fuel a hydrogen car from water, electricity is used to generate hydrogen by electrolysis. The resulting hydrogen is an energy carrier that can power a car by reacting with oxygen from the air to create water, either through burning in a combustion engine or catalyzed to produce electricity in a fuel cell.

Water-fuelled car - Wikipedia​

Forum List

Back