if 2 or more attackers broke into you home??

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
would your chance of survival be greater if you owned a revolver with six shots ? or a semi automatic with 30 shots ?? if you could only choose one or the other to defend your home and family which would you choose ??

Last edited:
would your chance of survival be greater if you owned a revolver with six shots ? or a semi automatic with 30 shots ?? if you could only choose one or the other to defend your home and family which would you choose ??

30 shots available doesn't mean you have to use them all. Having gone through the Boy Scout program in my youth, I would "Be Prepared" and keep the semi-auto nearby.

As it stands today, I have a six shot .45cal Cowboy revolver, a five shot .45cal/410ga revolver, a double barrel .45cal/410ga derringer, a .45cal seven shot Henry lever action Mare's Leg and a 16 shot .40cal semi-auto with two loaded clips. They are all fully loaded at all times and I know where each one is hidden.

I stay practiced and have no doubt I could cripple or kill the first six guys with the Cowboy gun...as long as they didn't shoot me first!

I "use the force" and very seldom the sights. (The more one practices shooting from the hip, the better one gets at hitting the intended target with the first shot.)

Last edited:

30 shots available doesn't mean you have to use them all. Having gone through the Boy Scout program in my youth, I would "Be Prepared" and keep the semi-auto nearby.

As it stands today, I have a six shot .45cal Cowboy revolver, a five shot .45cal/410ga revolver, a double barrel .45cal/410ga derringer, a .45cal seven shot Henry lever action Mare's Leg and a 16 shot .40cal semi-auto with two loaded clips. They are all fully loaded at all times and I know where each one is hidden.

I stay practiced and have no doubt I could cripple or kill the first six guys with the Cowboy gun...as long as they didn't shoot me first!

I "use the force" and very seldom the sights. (The more one practices shooting from the hip, the better one gets at hitting the intended target with the first shot.)
what if the 3 intruders are armed ??

so would i . people think that defending their homes is like target practice . there is a lot of stress and unknown variables that can occur during the incident .especially if the three targets are shooting at you.

Last edited:

I'd take the one that offers me the greatest safety against attack. But, I wouldn't use either, unless I had taken some lessons in gun safety and accuracy.

I used to wear a .22 pistol when riding my horse in remote areas.

I live in the city center...there have been shootings one block from my door. One this week a few blocks away .. all gang related. I do not own a weapon right now.

and here's the kicker: I am more able to defend myself than you are, and I am less afraid of the boogey men than you are.

Is there a lesson here?

:eusa_shhh:

First of all they would be dead, second, more is better than less, once they were neutralized, I would feel safer retaining a partial clip. Nothing works better then suppressing fire power when setting up the kill shot. The fact is few people have a semi automatic assault rifle sitting next to their bed, closet, well thats another issue. My wife prefers fire power located in strategic locations.

then guns or no guns I have to think very quickly on my feet or go to meet my imaginary maker,.

thems the breaks

If I had a little revolver or something.... I would use it.

I live in the city center...there have been shootings one block from my door. One this week a few blocks away .. all gang related. I do not own a weapon right now.

and here's the kicker: I am more able to defend myself than you are, and I am less afraid of the boogey men than you are.

Is there a lesson here?

Yes. If one doesn't wish to own a gun, then not bathing for a few months so that one develops a noxious, malodorous stench which repels even the most determined gang bangers is an effective alternative.

Is there a lesson here?

Never take the blue pill.

can i have both?

if its a choice... ill take a point and shoot.. and mow them down.

First of all they would be dead, second, more is better than less, once they were neutralized, I would feel safer retaining a partial clip. Nothing works better then suppressing fire power when setting up the kill shot. The fact is few people have a semi automatic assault rifle sitting next to their bed, closet, well thats another issue. My wife prefers fire power located in strategic locations.

you people live in a dream world if you think you'd see them coming. Life in a criminal scenario is nothing like it is in books, tv, or the movies.

I've actually...

Last edited:

Is there a lesson here?

i am not afraid libb . and i can hit you so hard by the time you stopped rolling your food stamp card will have expired .

I said:

I would hope that they don't shoot as well as I do.

I'd take the one that offers me the greatest safety against attack. But, I wouldn't use either, unless I had taken some lessons in gun safety and accuracy.

I used to wear a .22 pistol when riding my horse in remote areas.
I have been known to walk around (inside) the house sportin' only a Colt and a Rolex!

Is there a lesson here?

Yes. You are ill prepared for armed invaders.

I just can not understand why people would want assault weapons... a nice pearl handed revolver would work just as well ... do it in style.

kds7de_zps2e36d0c1.jpg

Forum List

Back