Idaho loses its 'Teacher of the Year' after right-wing parents chase her out of state

It will record every word you day [sic]

If that causes you to be a better teacher I’ll settle for that
It wouldn't change a thing, but it is NOT going to happen. It's a stupid idea - let it go.

When you send your child to a community (public) school, you are basically agreeing that he/she might hear SOME things that you have personal beef with.

Back when we were a reasonable society, having your child exposed to something like the United Nations, or different cultures, might have ruffled your feathers, but not the point of demanding to see the teacher's lesson plans.

But my fellow conservatives have a Moral Panic underway, the flip side of the Moral Panic you all had with Covid. Yes, you did. Ugly, isn't it? Silly too.

At any rate, if the teacher is bringing some of these views into the classroom, obviously that's wrong. If she is not, it's not their business.

But as I said: we do so love our Moral Panics in the 21st century. Me, I'm dead sick of them.
Don't agree.

Idaho's newly minted teacher of the year was chased out of the state by right wing parents. Moving to Illinois.
its my understanding Idaho already has a severe teacher shortage. Don't see how this helps.

I guess it depends what your goals are. For a lot of backwards people, education is a big evil.
Why do you need Heducation when the lord can tell you what to do?

So lib teachers are too elite to be questioned by the Great Unwashed?
Nope. You are free to call the local schools if you wish. So you want things to change. Why not start a teaching career. Maybe it's your calling.

In your class I can see myself getting an F in history because I’m not ashamed of our effort in winning WWII
You want the class chanting usa usa? What's the deal? Is the teacher supposed to be a cheerleader?

Nope. You are free to call the local schools if you wish. So you want things to change. Why not start a teaching career. Maybe it's your calling.
What you ste telling us is that only teachers can comment on education or criticize other teachers

And I dont accept that at all

The same 80 % who drive Fords instead of mote expensive cars

Its the teachers themselves who are saying thd public are inferior
The 80% are? When was the last time you spoke with a teacher about any of this out in the real world? When was the last time you visited a local public school? Observed a class? Discussed curricula with teachers or administrators?

What you ste [sic] telling us is that only teachers can comment on education or criticize other teachers

And I dont [sic] accept that at all

Comment all you want, but be honest about what you guess, what you read on the internet, and what you really don't know. I can comment about brain surgery, but I'll give a lot more weight to the comments of a brain surgeon on the topic.

The 80% are? When was the last time you spoke with a teacher about any of this out in the real world? When was the last time you visited a local public school? Observed a class? Discussed curricula with teachers or administrators?
I would like to observe a class when the lib teacher didnt know I was watching

Forum List

Back