Idaho jury hits Bundy, defendants with tens of millions in damages in St. Luke’s lawsuit

Ammon Bundy, a unique and interesting individual subject to multiple run ins with the Federal government, including takeover of government property, lost a lawsuit against St. Luke's hospital. The jury just came back with a substantial damages award. Bundy had attempted to intimidate hospital staff after his grandson was rescued by authorities.

My favorite is when Bundy, legally just some dude on the street, demanded that the hospital release someone else's baby to him.

I'm not saying that conservatives invented batshit crazy pseudo-legal gibberish. But no one does it better.

I wonder what good a $52 Million Plus judgement has on a man not know to have more than $5 Million net worth? Any?

They can collect on what he has. And what he'll earn. Plus, they gain access to his tax records, his financial records, his bank records. Pretty much anything that indicates his income or assets.

That's a pretty good disincentive to threaten hospital staff.

Why am I not surprised you can't tell one gender from another?

That seems to be a thing with you folks.
Go flap your gums again. Tell us all about freeeeedom, you pussy grabbed idiot

That was only the opinion of a medical "professional" and obviously you truth them far more than I do.

How many jabs of the clot shot does that make now? 10?
Obviously. It would appear the courts trust them as well?

Anyway..it appears that you don't know what you're talking about? Bundy accused the hospital staff of child trafficking..when all they were doing was trying to save his grand-childs life.

Far-right activist Ammon Bundy, who led the takeover of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon, an associate and three of their groups must pay over $50 million in damages for accusing a hospital of child trafficking and harassing medical staff, a jury has decided.
The defamation lawsuit by St. Luke’s Regional Health accused Bundy and Diego Rodriguez of making defamatory statements against the hospital and its employees after Rodriguez’s infant grandson was removed from his family for several days and taken to St. Luke’s amid concerns for his health.
The emergency room physician, Dr. Rachel Thomas, testified that the 10-month-old baby's stomach was distended, his eyes were hollow and he was unable to sit up, reminding her of severely malnourished babies she had treated in Haiti, according to the Idaho Statesman newspaper. Police said at the time that medical personnel determined the child was malnourished and had lost weight.
Bundy responded by urging his followers to protest at the hospital and at the homes of child protection service workers, law enforcement officers and others involved in the child protection case. Rodriguez wrote on his website that the baby was “kidnapped,” and suggested that the state and people involved in the case were engaged in “child trafficking” for profit.
Bundy — who didn't attend the trial nor hire a lawyer, saying it would be too costly — denied in a video he posted Monday on YouTube that the baby was mistreated and said law enforcement and hospital staff put him at risk by removing him from his mother. The baby was healthy except for suffering from cyclic vomiting syndrome, Bundy said, unable to keep anything except his mother's breast milk down.

Sounds like..the infant needed medical care, yes? Any idea just how short a time it takes for a baby to die of malnutrition and/or dehydration. At the very least, Bundy placed that kid at risk.
Thank God for St. lukes.

Forum List

Back