Tulsa race massacre reparations lawsuit survives motion to deny and will move forward, judge rules

Of course, that judge refused to dismiss the suit.

He was not stupid.

He knew that he had better not dismiss it!

If they get reparations ima open me a pimp car lot and clothing stoh!

1657740635099.png

1657740668590.png

Black want reparations because they have never been able to achieve anything beyond expert shoplifting on their own. Oh yes, beating elderly Asian women to death.
Damn Tipsyhag, is that all you could come up with. Actually white women are the main ones who are being caught shoplifting and yes punk ass white men have been caught on camera beating up Asian white women. Hell one white pervert killed 6 in one day because he couldn't get it up.

Three of the plaintiffs in this case are over 100 years old and based on the ruling today I'm guessing that the defendants filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit which the judge denied.

They're probably hoping that the plaintiffs pass away before the case can be resolved so that the defendants can then state that there no longer are any individuals who were directly harmed by the acts that are alleged in the lawsuit. That is on top of their argument that none of the people who perpetuated the harm are alive to be held accountable.

Isn't that part of the problem though? That in 100 years time, the government, nor law enforcement made any effort to hold anyone accountable while they were still alive?
I hear that the Romans who invaded Britain have not been dug up and made pay for what they did

Not to mention that Black LIES Matter rioted all across America with little or no consequences

I am against — at this tragically late date — impractical and self-defeating calls of “reparations for slavery” — but in Tulsa we have specific identified individuals murdered, and also detailed evidence of black businesses, estates & homes totally destroyed in this once thriving African-American community. The cover-ups and failures by government and insurance companies and other institutions seems clear.

The articles the OP provides and their links seem to show that the documentation exists to — in tiny part — provide some symbolic compensation to those effected most directly. This could serve as a useful recognition by the city as a whole of its historic responsibility in this racist pogrom. Nothing of course can compensate the thousands of innocents whose lives and property were taken or others who were driven out and had their lives completely uprooted. Also, there cannot be any “fair compensation” for all their descendants — known and unknown — who were effected by the tragedy.

I hope there is already a museum funded to commemorate this event. Sadly, even symbolic recognition of such tragedies seems today to create opposition among many white Americans … who are not themselves responsible for this kind of pogrom or slavery and Jim Crow in the past.

Forum List

Back